ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes @ Mitchell

Thing is playoff games pass Mitchell was higher ranked and played much lower seeded teams than EW last night. Maybe people weren't paying attention to the situation because I certainly wasn't expecting a blowout and really a closer score than it was. But you're right we're spoiled I've seen in times past we'd been tickled to death to have just 2 lost team.
And the fact it’s the only home playoff game for Mitchell this year. Just figured more people would come out for the last game of the year in Ledger.

And the fact it’s the only home playoff game for Mitchell this year. Just figured more people would come out for the last game of the year in Ledger.
Yeah me too I was surprised we was down a little against Avery but more than last night and we all figured the wouldn't be much of a game. I was just trying to come up with reasons why maybe people didn't show up.
I believe that it will probably be smallest crowd Mitchell sends to an away game in a long while at MA next week.

Reactions: MountainSports
Will you be at the game Friday night and if so do you sit in the stands or around the fence? I am thinking seriously about coming. It is not looking to be as cold as the 2021 game probably in the mid-40s and I can take that. I should know for sure by Wednesday watching the weather this week.
I doubt it my wife has fall break from school and is wanting to go to Gatlinburg unless I can somehow get out of it lol

I doubt it my wife has fall break from school and is wanting to go to Gatlinburg unless I can somehow get out of it lol
Dang you know the expectations are low in mountaineer country if purple is missing a playoff game to go to Dollyland. Lol

Easy now I might fake sick and come still deciding
He isn’t coming nowhere near mount airy after wanting to meet Bearmod1 at the fence. Talked a lot of junk but now it is time to find out for real what is bear fans have been saying. But all seriousness aside we would love for all of you Mitchell fans to come tailgate with us in circle near front gate at 5-515. We would love to have you all join us.

He isn’t coming nowhere near mount airy after wanting to meet Bearmod1 at the fence. Talked a lot of junk but now it is time to find out for real what is bear fans have been saying. But all seriousness aside we would love for all of you Mitchell fans to come tailgate with us in circle near front gate at 5-515. We would love to have you all join
He isn’t coming nowhere near mount airy after wanting to meet Bearmod1 at the fence. Talked a lot of junk but now it is time to find out for real what is bear fans have been saying. But all seriousness aside we would love for all of you Mitchell fans to come tailgate with us in circle near front gate at 5-515. We would love to have you all join us.
I only been to 2 games since my son graduated in 21 hard to watch and him not on the field I still listen in and halfway keep up but no I’m not that diehard dude from 2 yrs back I’m trying to get back into it and like mouthing on here but it still ain’t the same

Reactions: footballstar_17
I’ll be your Huckleberry

You gonna do something or just stand there and bleed? We've turned this thread into quoting tombstone 😂

doc-holliday-tombstone.gif

Becareful what you wish for I'm Bear all the way we have never beat this team let's take this seriously got to take care of business Friday night

Reactions: sbbbfan
I'm going to be the odd man out here. While Tombstone was entertaining it was highly fictionalized and for some reason when I watch a movie about real people and events in history I like it to come as close as possible to historical accounts. The closest I've seen to the real Wyatt Earp was Kevin Costner's movie.

I'm going to be the odd man out here. While Tombstone was entertaining it was highly fictionalized and for some reason when I watch a movie about real people and events in history I like it to come as close as possible to historical accounts. The closest I've seen to the real Wyatt Earp was Kevin Costner's movie.
And of course their is the Godfather I, II, and III. What great quotable lines.

Buzz killer

But…
It’s got “I’m your huckleberry”…
Buzz killer
I see what you did there 👍

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
That's the line that I always hear is incorrect historically
How so? I Googled the saying recently to show to a millennial and it didn’t mention anything. Course my children say I’m old enough to have been alive when it was supposedly used.
Seriously BK how is it incorrect?

How so? I Googled the saying recently to show to a millennial and it didn’t mention anything. Course my children say I’m old enough to have been alive when it was supposedly used.
Seriously BK how is it incorrect?
Hucklebearer-huckleberry

This is one of the saying around that time.
The handle of a casket was called a Huckle.
He was saying I'll carry your casket.
Of course it could be different things but this one makes the most sense to me. Alot on the Internet on this.

Reactions: thekidd12
Hucklebearer-huckleberry

This is one of the saying around that time.
The handle of a casket was called a Huckle.
He was saying I'll carry your casket.
Of course it could be different things but this one makes the most sense to me. Alot on the Internet on this.
I read that yesterday actually after you posted above. Had never seen that before. But had never heard the word you’uns until I started working with a fellow from the mountains around 1990 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: RexReally
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT