ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes @ Mitchell

I think East Wilkes has the ability to win this game. I don't think they have the focus or will to do so. I still have a hard time accepting that Elkin game. Mitchell plays a hard brand of ball and I don't trust East Wilkes to keep their head in the game after they fall behind a little. They haven't responded well when challenged in the later part of the season.

Sorry to impose on this thread EWCards1. Childish ……
Nah…so, Deerhunter, thanks for the advice, but that is exactly what I was referring to. Wait for it…………….

Last edited:
Sure enough Mt. Airy somehow gets involved in every thread on here.

Night and day different from last years team. Graduated the qb, backfield, and main WR. Also several leaders on defense. Don't get me wrong this group is fast and has potential to play spoiler if they are clicking. But as I've said all year this team is so young. Junior QB, RB's are all sophomores except for one. WRs are sophomores as well as o line. Very young team but good talent. Started out slow this year then beat up the bad teams and got exposed to the good teams. The record matches how good this team is this year. All that compiled with a new coach and new offense. Makes the next few years look successful.

Best of luck to both schools. Looking forward to the trip.

Careful what you wish for. I remember in 21 no one could score on the Bears defense. Best defense to ever take the field and guess what? They got treed and sent home with a sore ass.
Well I hope you get to come to mount airy this year and we will make sure to repay that sore ass. Just take care of EW first and based on how draughn drug you guys I don’t think you can beat EW.

Up here in the sticks this is how we roll, our team is picked on paper to lose by some idiot who guesses scores in games but don’t know any of our kids or have ever watched em player see em in a resteraunt eating, pay for there meal tell em how proud we are they are representing our beautiful county and to play their best show good sportsmanship the rest will work itself out, I was blessed to be allowed to help coach a few years this is what I always told our kids I am proud of em and will always at the very least pick ‘em by 7 Go Mountaineers!

Exactly my thoughts to. The amount of arrogance within one fan base.
It isn’t arrogance when you can back it up. We have been called Mount Arrogance before. If you go to the beginning of this thread and read through it, you should be able to see it didn’t have to go this way. You did ask what our thoughts were and nothing was said out of the way until someone had to bring up tearing us a new asshole a few years ago. Then, the comment was made about Mount Airy being in your thread. Specify in the future then to exclude Mount Airy fans when you start a thread if you don’t want comments from them. These were nice comments as well. Then, it got a little worse from there.

Uhh I think I clicked on the wrong thread So.....
teambestb.gif

What we are looking at is who won & who wins. lol
#18 East Wilkes @ beat #17 Alleghany 33-7
@ #15 Mitchell beat #17 Alleghany 22-14
@ #15 Mitchell vs #18 East Wilkes winner is a BIG ??
East Wilkes finished 3rd & Alleghany finished 4th in the NWC
I see a close game at Mitchell, The winner ??

Last edited:
Reactions: Bearfan71
Careful what you wish for. I remember in 21 no one could score on the Bears defense. Best defense to ever take the field and guess what? They got treed and sent home with a sore ass.
Not this time my friend and trust me pay back is in our mind

It isn’t arrogance when you can back it up. We have been called Mount Arrogance before. If you go to the beginning of this thread and read through it, you should be able to see it didn’t have to go this way. You did ask what our thoughts were and nothing was said out of the way until someone had to bring up tearing us a new asshole a few years ago. Then, the comment was made about Mount Airy being in your thread. Specify in the future then to exclude Mount Airy fans when you start a thread if you don’t want comments from them. These were nice comments as well. Then, it got a little worse from there.
We fixing kick that butt

• Love
Reactions: Bearmod1
Please remember that 3 or 4 people on a message board (that are yanking some chains and having fun) does not represent our fan base. We respect the kids that play the game, the fans that support their team and the parents that watch in anguish hoping for victory & worrying about injuries. Good luck to all playoff teams.
Exactly my thoughts to. The amount of arrogance within one fan base.

This is one Bear Fan that would love for Mitchell to come to Wally Shelton healthy and ready.
However, in my opinion, it will depend on which EW shows up. The Cards are very fast and quick. They have good skill, they need maturity and development.
They are capable of winning.
Unfortunately they are also capable of losing.

They are capable of winning.
Unfortunately they are also capable of losing.
You can say about the same for Mitchell with them it's when they can play a clean game as far as penalties and fumbles this year. Plus how the game coaching goes while you can't deny they've been coached well in the last few years you don't win over 100 games in that length of time not having good coaching getting prepared for a game but sometimes especially this year some poor game time coaching like not getting plays calls in on time then ether getting delay of game or having to call time out because your running out of time or the play having to be rushed which causes it to go wrong that completely killed a drive in the second half Mtn Heritage.
But looks like the two teams are actually pretty even matched on paper so it should be a close game no matter who wins.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT