ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes @ Mitchell

Well I seen it on maxpreps and the NCHSAA bracket as well. That's why I asked. I know maxpreps has been off alot with game times but then I seen it on the states website too so just wanting to make sure.

Playoff games are under the auspices of the NCHSAA, so game times must be reasonable (customarily late afternoon, early evening or night), and are set specifically in football (7:30 p.m.), lacrosse (7 p.m.), baseball (7 p.m.), soccer (7 p.m.), and softball (7 p.m.). Teams may play at 6 p.m. in baseball, soccer, lacrosse and softball playoffs if mutually agreed upon. Any deviation from this must be approved by the NCHSAA. Recommended starting time in regular season is no earlier than 5:00 pm for baseball, lacrosse, softball, volleyball and soccer. Schools may play earlier than the playoff date designated on the bracket by mutual agreement, and Saturday playoff games may be played earlier than those times listed here by mutual agreement.

Playoff games are under the auspices of the NCHSAA, so game times must be reasonable (customarily late afternoon, early evening or night), and are set specifically in football (7:30 p.m.), lacrosse (7 p.m.), baseball (7 p.m.), soccer (7 p.m.), and softball (7 p.m.). Teams may play at 6 p.m. in baseball, soccer, lacrosse and softball playoffs if mutually agreed upon. Any deviation from this must be approved by the NCHSAA. Recommended starting time in regular season is no earlier than 5:00 pm for baseball, lacrosse, softball, volleyball and soccer. Schools may play earlier than the playoff date designated on the bracket by mutual agreement, and Saturday playoff games may be played earlier than those times listed here by mutual agreement.

Buzz, where did you see that? In the new handbook for 2023-2024, it reads that playoff games are to be played at 7pm. Here is the link. Go to page 85.

New rule for this year. Guess as long as both teams agree on the 7:30 time, no big deal. No idea why they changed it.
Wonder if it has anything to do with the time change. It will start getting dark at 5:45 after this week. In TN they make their playoff games go 7pm. Wonder if other states do the same.

Buzz, where did you see that? In the new handbook for 2023-2024, it reads that playoff games are to be played at 7pm. Here is the link. Go to page 85.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the time change. It will start getting dark at 5:45 after this week. In TN they make their playoff games go 7pm. Wonder if other states do the same.
lol time change has been around for the HS playoffs forever it not new!

You one ask if had something to do with time change and my response was why make a change with game time now bc of the time changing bc its been around forever!

It would be hard for some people to travel and get there by 7 if don't get off work till 5-5:30

When you look at the NCHSAA brackets, the 1st round over half the games on the East part start at 7;00 and a few in the West start at 7 p.m. But it lists all games starting at 7:00, East & West in the 2nd round until the state championship game. Time changes the Sunday after the first round. 1st round games are 7:30 for some and 7:00 for others but 2rd the round on all games starts at 7:00.

4.5.5 Playoffs (General Requirements, Officials, Press Conference, Sites) (a) Minimum Seating Requirements are as Follows - Class 1A — host 1000, visitors 500; Class 2A – host 1450, visitors 750; Class 3A – host 2000, visitors 1000; Class 4A — host 2500, visitors 1500. (1) The NCHSAA has authority to move a playoff game when the circumstances are perceived to warrant such action even if the host school meets the minimum seating requirements. (2) If additional seating is required to meet the above standards, the expense shall be that of the host school. (3) If the visiting team has a complaint regarding the playing facility, it shall be registered by noon on the Monday preceding the game. In the event of such a complaint, the NCHSAA shall have the authority to appoint a committee to investigate the facilities. This committee shall be vested with the full authority to set the site for the game. (4) If a neutral site is selected, the representatives of the two playing schools shall meet with a representative of the school furnishing the neutral field to agree on game management. (b) Game time is set for 7:00 p.m.

Last edited:
It would be hard for some people to travel and get there by 7 if don't get off work till 5-5:30
For sure. Its 2 hrs from Ronda. Even getting off work at 4 some people will still be pushed to make it in time. Dont guess ill be having time to eat at any good restaurants, be hard pressed to get there by kickoff.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
I may skip first round completely and go watch App St-NC State wrestling duel on Friday at 7. First round is alway a bit of bore with the mismatches.

Reactions: Appvol and Bearmod1
I got to go with Mitchell !! Good mountain folk and adopted SMC MEMBERS 😂
East Wilkes are good country people also. Been there a couple of times when my daughter played basketball back in 2016 in playoffs 2 years in a row. Very welcoming people at the game and a lot of beautiful rolling pasture land and farms on the way to Rondo. Best of luck to both teams and hoping for a clean game with no injuries to these young men

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT