ADVERTISEMENT

East Wilkes @ Mitchell

EWCards if you get there in time tonight you will see what in my prejudiced mind is one of if not the best entrance in NC. When the Mitchell team comes out of the woods prior to kickoff is a different experience than at most schools.
Granted others have what they like but like I say it’s unique.

Go Mountaineers

Last edited:
Reactions: Old Mountaineer
EWCards if you get there in time tonight you will see what in my prejudiced mine is one of if not the best entrance in NC. When the Mitchell team comes out of the woods prior to kickoff is a different experience than at most schools.
Granted others have what they like but like I say it’s unique.

Go Mountaineers
That's awesome. I'm definitely hoping to make it around 7. Guess we'll see how traffic goes.

What do they do at Mountain Heritage for people that need assistance?
At the MTN Heritage - Mitchell game they had handicap parking near the gate then a bus to drive you down to the field. I was concerned about that myself last time I parked down at the field but they're doing construction now. But what they did worked fine and people who aren't handicap could ride the bus as well.

Yeah I saw that on wlos.

Rville wasn't full either.
I think more ppl will be here Friday.

Will you be at the game Friday night and if so do you sit in the stands or around the fence? I am thinking seriously about coming. It is not looking to be as cold as the 2021 game probably in the mid-40s and I can take that. I should know for sure by Wednesday watching the weather this week.

The biggest surprise in this game to me was the crowd, or lack thereof. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen that few Mitchell people there. And I’ve been there when it’s been much much colder and/or rainy. Very odd.
1 we’re spoiled. We are use to playoffs
2 these games tend to be boring blowouts. Everyone doesn’t belong in playoffs

Hats off to Mitchell for a good game plan and execution. I feel like there was several key plays last night. 1- the line drive kickoff where our receiving guys just stood around like they was clueless. Gave yall possession and few plays later up by 2 scores. 2- Interception right before halftime. That would have basically ended the game at that point IMO.
3- Opening drive 3rd qtr we go down field then fumble almost in the red zone. Then yall scoring off the turnover ended it.

No disrespect to Mitchell at all. I respect all you guys on here and had a great experience last night but the EW team you saw last night was the same team Wilkes Central saw. Done just enough to stay halfway in the game. But not enough to stay competitive. Turnovers and dumb mistakes definitely is the outline for this game as far as EW goes. Great running game you guys have in #4 and #30. I liked the aggressive play calls as well after EW continued to stop yall in goal to go plays but coach just kept on running. Well, I dont guess I liked them but you get what I'm saying, lol. Again hats off to you guys and best of luck next week in Mt. Airy.

1 we’re spoiled. We are use to playoffs
2 these games tend to be boring blowouts. Everyone doesn’t belong in playoffs
Thing is playoff games pass Mitchell was higher ranked and played much lower seeded teams than EW last night. Maybe people weren't paying attention to the situation because I certainly wasn't expecting a blowout and really a closer score than it was. But you're right we're spoiled I've seen in times past we'd been tickled to death to have just 2 lost team.

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT