ADVERTISEMENT

East Duplin vs Randleman Rd. 3

oh, so you have actually seen them play?
The orange/blue team beat ER handily by a score of 49-0. Having said that ER had some success running the ball, just not much success in holding onto said ball. I believe a good running team will be able to exploit this. And yes I was at the game.

Reactions: 96panther
Ed has averaged 48 points a game and randleman 46 randleman gave up 104 points the first four games made some moves and adjustments since then they have gave up just 46 and 12 of that in the last 5 minutes against Nash when it was already over. So we are playing well enough to win for sure but we have to play all 4 quarters and not turn the bell over. I know y’all going to move it and score but I hope we just bend not break. If we can keep you to just to four scores or less I like our offense to put enough to win and it could come down to has the ball last. But we will be big underdogs by Simmons I would say 14 points just guessing. We will bring a good crowd down and your stadium is going to be rocking good luck to both teams

Ed has averaged 48 points a game and randleman 46 randleman gave up 104 points the first four games made some moves and adjustments since then they have gave up just 46 and 12 of that in the last 5 minutes against Nash when it was already over. So we are playing well enough to win for sure but we have to play all 4 quarters and not turn the bell over. I know y’all going to move it and score but I hope we just bend not break. If we can keep you to just to four scores or less I like our offense to put enough to win and it could come down to has the ball last. But we will be big underdogs by Simmons I would say 14 points just guessing. We will bring a good crowd down and your stadium is going to be rocking good luck to both teams
i definitely see us having to play a very good game in order to be able to beat you! thats for sure!

I would say the only thing I have against this statement is the level of competition played is much different between these two teams. Like someone said before, SOS tells the tale. I think Randleman is a good time, but it’s easier to put up lots of points against lesser competition. That’s all.

If Randleman is ok with ED moving the ball some. then the game will be decided by eds defense. True smash mouth teams are expecting 1 score every quarter using 9 min drives preferably . Just because they punt doesn't mean that they loose how long does it take for them to punt is the question
Randleman has a fast-paced high powered offense if they are held in check a few possessions and allow ED the chance to possess the ball it will not be to their advantage. ED fans know the difference its not bad for them to punt .Randleman doesn't need to punt if ed is moving the ball

“The orange/blue team beat ER handily by a score of 49-0. Having said that ER had some success running the ball, just not much success in holding onto said ball. I believe a good running team will be able to exploit this. And yes I was at the game.“

This>>>>> he is 100% accurate

That is correct just looked at the stats y’all rushed for 117 Yards wow that’s great but that is a little short of enough to beat us. If we keep any opponent to under 120 yds rushing we more than likely are going to win. I’mglad Your happy with117 but that want get it...... let’s see 49 0. You tell me As for east duplin. I ‘ll go 35-24tigers. I hope you rush for 117 next year.

The orange/blue team beat ER handily by a score of 49-0. Having said that ER had some success running the ball, just not much success in holding onto said ball. I believe a good running team will be able to exploit this. And yes I was at the game.
so ER had success running the ball, and according to maxpreps ER only averages 139 ypg rushing. we average 393 ypg rushing, with 579 yds in our last game against WS. if Randleman cant slow our running game down, they might not have the ball on offense a whole lot. we just have to be able to contain Randleman's passing game. not stop it completely but keep it in check. for the record, while our passing D is the weakest part of our D, its still pretty good. also our great run defense and pass rush usually makes up for it. still, theres no doubt about it, this well balanced Randleman offense will be a big test for our D!

Randleman is a very good football team as Nash Central found out last week. Their offense is well balanced and the QB can hurt you with his feet just as much as he can throwing the ball. He got himself out of several jams last week. On Defense the Tigers are very well coached and played their assignments to a T. Got beat twice on the deep ball but the outcome was already decided. Now with that said Randleman does tip off their plays. Nash Central knew this but could not do anything to stop it. The pattern was almost 100 percent. If ED can pick this up off of film then they will have a good chance of slowing the Tigers down. Should be a great game!!

It’s going to fun watch I do believe we have to slow y’all down and you going to have to slow us down both offenses can score. Y’all will be the best running team we seen this year and your getting ready see the best quarterback you have seen throwing or running with it this year to we like to mix it up keep you off balance we love to run to we averaged over 200 yards both ways time will tell hope we pull off a big upset but good luck to both teams it should be a packed house we should have over 500 pluse there it going to be rocking go tigers

I'm fairly confident East Duplin will be the best team Randleman has played all year... by a good margin. Panthers 48-20
as i said earlier, because of Randleman's good QB and balance on offense, i think they will really test our defense. we are loaded with speed, strength, and athleticism all over the field, but we have to be disciplined. sometimes we are so super aggressive on defense that we over pursue or bite on the fakes by recievers. if we remain disciplined and stay home on defense we should be just fine. it will be very interesting to see how everything unfolds.

What Tiger88 isn’t saying is the number of yards lost due to sacks. ER had some nice drives. In fact all the better teams they played in an average schedule at best scored points. So why you say we are off amazes me. But hey, kudos for beating the Wildcats. Randleman will never be allowed to talk bleep to about ER, however. You will forever wear the Scarlett Letter of dropping ER from the schedule in 83 and playing one less game just to go undefeated. Yes, in all your glory of winning three 2A titles in a row, the Tigers cowardly ran and hid in the woods. Can you imagine Shelby, Reidsville or any dominant program doing that? So again, congrats on finally beating ER and making it to the 3rd round. You have a very good team especially offensively, and some really good youmy talent such as the rb and dt. But come Saturday you will be looking forward to next season and things will begin getting back to normal in Randolph County.

That is correct just looked at the stats y’all rushed for 117 Yards wow that’s great but that is a little short of enough to beat us. If we keep any opponent to under 120 yds rushing we more than likely are going to win. I’mglad Your happy with117 but that want get it...... let’s see 49 0. You tell me As for east duplin. I ‘ll go 35-24tigers. I hope you rush for 117 next year.
OK man I even took up for you on the other board as being a true orange/blue fan who doesn't stoop to rants in posts to prove his points. Come over here and this is what you type?

I was simply giving my opinion on the type of team that would give orange/blue team trouble. Yes ER came up woefully short on score. 4 turnovers will do that. Driving 50 yards or less most of the game, an offense will put points on the board against any team. that And for the record most of your team's rushing against ER was provided by the QB who went for 117. SERMS sophomore RB had 26 I believe.

Heck I even picked orange/blue to win conference at first of year.

But as I said if you guys can win about 30 more in a row then records should be about even.

Hope this gets most of whatever that is out of your system.

I will add Randleman is very good and well coached in special teams.

The QB is one heck of a player. But he is not the runner that Basden at WRH is. Obviously Tiger fan didn’t do his homework on that one

Last edited:
Kidd was this the first win by the paper Tigers over ER? I honestly never remember them beating ER though I fully am aware of them ducking the Wildcats some years

I hate my buddy got on my phone got you fired up but er has had our number y’all been a thorn in our foot for a long time y’all have a great program for long as I remember but it was nice to win for a change give Charlie time I like him. By the way when is the last time y’all didn’t make the playoffs I was telling someone that they said we play a soft schedule plus I said McGee was one the best in the state top 11 I think total yards.

Reactions: thekidd12
Kidd was this the first win by the paper Tigers over ER? I honestly never remember them beating ER though I fully am aware of them ducking the Wildcats some years
Here is the history:
From 1968-82 ER leads 7-6

1995 until 2017 ER leads 14-2 including 4-2 since 2013 when ER supposedly down due to PG opening.

Did not play each other from 1983-94 and a few years in between.

So overall ER leads series 21-8.

And sorry to ED fans for hijacking thread.

Kind of feel like 72/98 champion now.

OH NO!!!!!

Has the QB from Randleman committed to anyone?

And let’s say 33-8 because ER wasn’t the one ducking and dodging.

Qb has not committed to no one yet but the big tight end has signed with Appalachian state just looked st the paper hate to here about Grady he was a legend down there good man.

Here's the bottom line DON'T give a flip about some rivalry between two schools I have never heard of or seen East Duplin is coming out to play football against whoever bottom line the guys on football team wants this victory really bad so I hope Randleman doesn't eat too much turkey on Thanksgiving Day and get they behind whooped

We don’t care that you don’t care, don’t read our post.

Well I hope he signs somewhere because he can flat play.

Here's the bottom line DON'T give a flip about some rivalry between two schools I have never heard of or seen East Duplin is coming out to play football against whoever bottom line the guys on football team wants this victory really bad so I hope Randleman doesn't eat too much turkey on Thanksgiving Day and get they behind whooped
No here is the bottom line:

If you knew anything about HS football in NC the last 40 years you would have "heard of" Eastern Randolph.

If you knew anything about HS baseball in NC last 5 years you would have "heard of" orange/blue team.

And finally yet another bottom line since you are fond of that phrase:

If you knew anything about punctuation you would use it.

Find the period on that device.

To the rest of ED fans again sorry but this 2 month veteran of NCpreps brought me back in.

I hate my buddy got on my phone got you fired up but er has had our number y’all been a thorn in our foot for a long time y’all have a great program for long as I remember but it was nice to win for a change give Charlie time I like him. By the way when is the last time y’all didn’t make the playoffs I was telling someone that they said we play a soft schedule plus I said McGee was one the best in the state top 11 I think total yards.
ER had an injury filled year in 15 losing two all conference linebackers for year as well as a RB who went on to be MVP of 2A championship in 16. (You are welcome again Rams!)

Before that it was 2008. Cates last year before he left for Lee County.

Before that I think 96? But they finished 9-2.

It's ok though because very few people apparently have even heard of Eastern Randolph. ;)

When was last time that y’all had not made the playoffs before this year I was trying to remember and couldn’t do you know

I will add Randleman is very good and well coached in special teams.

The QB is one heck of a player. But he is not the runner that Basden at WRH is. Obviously Tiger fan didn’t do his homework on that one
the QB for ED is not a big time passer, but he is a big time runner. cat quick and can take it to the house!

Yeah he is. And you guys have a stable of backs. I think the east Duplin defense is underrated but I don’t know really about the pass. I saw you guys contain WRH minus two plays, and Randleman certainly doesn’t have that kind of speed in the backfield. Handling Randleman passing game will be a challenge

Yeah he is. And you guys have a stable of backs. I think the east Duplin defense is underrated but I don’t know really about the pass. I saw you guys contain WRH minus two plays, and Randleman certainly doesn’t have that kind of speed in the backfield
i wouldnt say our D is underrated. anybody who has played us knows what we bring to the table. and our stats dont tell the whole story. a lot of our opponents' offensive success came against our second string D. we got such big leads in some games this year that our starters barely played. overall our D is excellent, but our pass D is our weakest link. imo its not very bad, just nowhere near as good as our lights out run D. we are kind of bend but dont break on pass D. we usually give up a little bit early on, but then adjust and keep it contained for the most part. and about our stable of backs, youre exactly right. as another posted mentioned on another thread, we were without our "best" back for much of the regular season, including the WRH game, but didnt miss a beat. truth be told, we have at least 4 or 5 backs that would be "the" RB on most teams. i hope we can continue to rack up the yds against the Randleman defense. and yes WRH is very fast, especially in the backfield.

God help Randleman if you were without your best back lol. Scary thought for a defense right there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT