ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley at Crest Round 4

Dudley has one of the top defenses in the state. This is every year. I think keys to winning this game will come down to variety on offense. Crest will give Dudley plenty but I just don't know if Crest can match up with their D-line. This game should be interesting.
With all due respect. Dudley is Dudley. I'm not sure Dudley has faced 1 team on the level. Gaffney,WC,Statesville,Shelby,SP,KM. I know it's all about matchups. I just don't think we'll see anything. We haven't seen before. Can we handle it? That's why we play the game. There's absolute athletes on both sides. It will come down to basics. Turnovers,penalties, or who's athlete makes the most outstanding plays.

Yes! We do have Dudley faithful that will travel. We usually provide buses for fans to get on if they prefer not to drive or can't.
Cool man. With our crowd your crowd and all the people who'll just show up because their team lost or sucked or choked, it will be a huge crowd then....

Check the excerpt from the weekly email. You'll have this to deal with too.

FUN FACTS ABOUT OUR OPPONENT
  • James Benson Dudley High School is located in Guilford County in the city of Greensboro, North Carolina. Dudley High School was founded in 1929 as the first black high school in Guilford County
  • The school was central to the 1969 Greensboro uprising when school officials refused to recognize the validity of a write-in candidate for student council, allegedly due to his activism in the Black Power movement. Even though he was an honor student and was involved in several student clubs.
  • This year marks 50 years since Dudley High School graduated its first fully desegregated class of students.
  • With victories over Shelby and West Charlotte this season. Coach Sosebee is now the official Lion Tamer of the NCHSAA. In true North Carolina fashion, no pay increase is expected.
  • It was nice seeing all of our friends and family from Burns and Kings Mtn at the game last week. It would have been better if you sat on our side and wasn't cheering for the other team.
  • One of Dudley's most notable Alumni is Lynnae Quick (class of 2001), NASA scientist specializing in planetary geophysics and ocean worlds; first African American awarded the Harold C. Urey Prize; namesake for asteroid 37349Lynnaequick

With all due respect. Dudley is Dudley. I'm not sure Dudley has faced 1 team on the level. Gaffney,WC,Statesville,Shelby,SP,KM. I know it's all about matchups. I just don't think we'll see anything. We haven't seen before. Can we handle it? That's why we play the game. There's absolute athletes on both sides. It will come down to basics. Turnovers,penalties, or who's athlete makes the most outstanding plays.
Totally agree ,games like this comes down to coaching, fundamentals and athletes!

I hope they do.....

Hey man, do Dudley fans travel well?
I know at least 1 Large 50+ Travel Bus is coming down, they may try to get another Bus maybe. Many will drive, including myself. I remember the region from last year when NCAT Football Team traveled to Garner Webb for a Football Game and I went through Shelby. Looking forward too it {Atmosphere}. I know from past games at Watauga, Charlotte Catholic, Asheville TC Roberson & Statesville, Wilmington New Handover we filled up the Visitor Side. Question how big is the Visitor Side at Crest?

Last edited:
I know at least 1 Large 50+ Travel Bus is coming down, they may try to get another Bus maybe. Many will drive, including myself. I remember the region from last year when NCAT Football Team traveled to Garner Webb for a Football Game and I went through Shelby. Looking forward too it {Atmosphere}. I know from past games at Charlotte Catholic, Asheville TC Roberson & Statesville we filled up the Visitor Side. Question how big is the Visitor Side at Crest?
That’s good man. All these kids should play in front of a huge crowd like this. If the game is good then it’s going to be 🔥

Hope you all have safe travels. We support our young men. Crest travels. I’m glad you folks support your young men. That’s a good football program up there.

The stands will likely fill up. They’re not huge on that side but they’re decent. The banks can hold all they need to hold too.

If it can hold Gaffney it can hold anyone

Mr sausage please ask the higher ups at Crest if Dudley’s band can play at halftime…. It was a travesty that Wests band didn’t get to show out last Friday
I totally agree with WC band. Love their band , always put on a show. Really disappointed not to see them perform at half.

Last edited:
Just watched Dudley vs Robinson.
Dudley is huge across both OL DL avg. close to 300 LBs on the interior OL with TEs each over220 lbs. The DL avg. 285 lbs. It looks like they have 15 of 22 starters with height of over 6’1”. Lots of tall rangy WRs and DBs. What a huge team. Watching their game vs JM R reminds me a lot of Gaffney. I’d say Dudleys QB is better.

Its looks like David vs Goliath lol. Both teams have plenty of speed and we all know Crest has heart. Crest will have to play a great game to move on to the 5th rd. Looking forward to a good one.

Both teams are explosive so eliminating big plays will be crucial to the outcome.

Just watched Dudley vs Robinson.
Dudley is huge across both OL DL avg. close to 300 LBs on the interior OL with TEs each over220 lbs. The DL avg. 285 lbs. It looks like they have 15 of 22 starters with height of over 6’1”. Lots of tall rangy WRs and DBs. What a huge team. Watching their game vs JM R reminds me a lot of Gaffney. I’d say Dudleys QB is better.

Its looks like David vs Goliath lol. Both teams have plenty of speed and we all know Crest has heart. Crest will have to play a great game to move on to the 5th rd. Looking forward to a good one.

Both teams are explosive so eliminating big plays will be crucial to the outcome.

Would be interesting to see Dudley vs Gaffney

2” of rain in the forecast tonight through Wednesday morning. A chance of rain Friday with low temps looming (finally) through the week could lead to a wet field Friday night. Either way, these are the games that everyone wants to see. The WC game was a great one. I hope the crest fans who got up and left when they got down, have to stand 4th row deep at the top and can’t see anything this Friday. There are no excuses for execution this time of year. It’s called better competition, athlete for athlete, which typically creates issues and things to overcome. The crest boys fought back and I was telling my buddy that’s why you can never count speed out of a game. I see another scoring count around the 30’s but could easily turn into a shootout. Being fancy means nothing, win and advance is all the matters. It’s going to be a good one!

I totally agree with WC band. Love their band , always put on a show. Really disappointed not to see them perform at half.
They performed the whole game. Even after they lost. All the way to the bus!

Their band is awesome!

BIGSAUSAGES. What’s up with you tonight?!? We are all watching Monday night football?!

• Haha
Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
Old folks like me remember when WC did perform at halftime and was supposed to leave Crest time to perform but instead they performed the entire halftime and absolutely shut it down😂😂
I was at that game. They even had props for the performance.

Good luck to the Dudley Panthers.
Hey man. We have not saw you since Northern Guilford fell off the face of the earth. When they did.....YOU did.

You both went extinct... Well they did it's good to know you're still alive. Happy Thanksgiving......

Loser GIF by Playboy Fragrances

Strength of schedule will be a major factor in this game.
Dudley has not been tested all year period
Crest from game 1 has been tested thru the season.
I have watched this Dudley defense on film ,
Let’s line up and see all I will say.
Is it Friday yet ?

Strength of schedule will be a major factor in this game.
Dudley has not been tested all year period
Crest from game 1 has been tested thru the season.
I have watched this Dudley defense on film ,
Let’s line up and see all I will say.
Is it Friday yet ?
I agree with you 100% Crest actually matches up with them and I wouldn't be shocked if they win by 10pts or more. Crest has a FG kicker and Dudley doesn't. Dudley is doing a better job offensively with their pass game and screen game. Crest also does a wonderful job scheming up teams too. I think sometimes when we look at teams we only compare athletes and we forget about the football players of the game. Dudley name rings across the state. Crest name echo's and have always be around. Dudley better come to play. Crest is playing with a chip on their shoulder.

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
I agree with you 100% Crest actually matches up with them and I wouldn't be shocked if they win by 10pts or more. Crest has a FG kicker and Dudley doesn't. Dudley is doing a better job offensively with their pass game and screen game. Crest also does a wonderful job scheming up teams too. I think sometimes when we look at teams we only compare athletes and we forget about the football players of the game. Dudley name rings across the state. Crest name echo's and have always be around. Dudley better come to play. Crest is playing with a chip on their shoulder.
Crest does in fact have a kicker … they actually have 2 …. But neither one can make a kick tho 😂.
Well sometimes they can but mostly it’s missed.
If Dudley is worse than Crest at kicking that’s really sad…. Really sad

Crest does in fact have a kicker … they actually have 2 …. But neither one can make a kick tho 😂.
Well sometimes they can but mostly it’s missed.
If Dudley is worse than Crest at kicking that’s really sad…. Really sad
Well, This might be a great game...LOL! They normally have great kickers. Oh well.

Concessions are lacking. To say the least. I'd eat on the way in.
Heard it straight from his mouth....the guy that did Crest concessions for the last several years was told by the horseshoe club that they didn't need him anymore...that they were going to handle it themselves. I've been to several Crest games this year and it sucks. We usually hold off until after the game and go to McDs or somewhere else.

Thankfully he is still doing concessions at Shelby and our concessions are absolutely BANGING!! Wings, french fries, great hot dogs and hamburgers, livermush sandwiches.....we have it all and it's so good! Y'all need to get him back over at Crest....if he'll even come back.

Reactions: FootballThanos2023
Heard it straight from his mouth....the guy that did Crest concessions for the last several years was told by the horseshoe club that they didn't need him anymore...that they were going to handle it themselves. I've been to several Crest games this year and it sucks. We usually hold off until after the game and go to McDs or somewhere else.

Thankfully he is still doing concessions at Shelby and our concessions are absolutely BANGING!! Wings, french fries, great hot dogs and hamburgers, livermush sandwiches.....we have it all and it's so good! Y'all need to get him back over at Crest....if he'll even come back.
The concessions are horrible. Food is horrible. Lines are horrible. Speed is horrible. Thank God we can bring stuff in. I'm friends with "the other guy" and miss seeing him on Friday nights.

It's a shame there is no streaming for this.

I feel bad for all the alumni and former residents who live too far to drive.

You would think schools would understand that they can also make money from ad revenue during the stream.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT