ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley at Crest Round 4

Maybe look at the SP vs Dudley film from last year when they SP scored 75. Should be a another great game this week. Congrats on the big win last night and good luck this week.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
This game will be a great one , 3A Game of the Year.
Should have a packed house on both sides, this 3A West is a monster, which ever team comes out of this bracket will be battle tested for sure.

This game will be a great one , 3A Game of the Year.
Should have a packed house on both sides, this 3A West is a monster, which ever team comes out of this bracket will be battle tested for sure.
That was our problem in 2010, 2011 and 2013 we ran into teams that wore us down

The most impressive thing I have seen about Dudley as the year went on was defense. They didn’t allow more than 14 the entire season until last night. Thats insane considering you have garbage time and pull starters. They allowed 28 last night but put up 50 on JM. Scored 20 points in 7 min. Then I go and look at their roster to see they could be considered young given the production of the underclassmen. That is just crazy in itself. SP almost put 100 on them last year so has their defense gotten better or was it just the typical struggles stopping the red bone. This is the matchup people wanted to see.

The most impressive thing I have seen about Dudley as the year went on was defense. They didn’t allow more than 14 the entire season until last night. Thats insane considering you have garbage time and pull starters. They allowed 28 last night but put up 50 on JM. Scored 20 points in 7 min. Then I go and look at their roster to see they could be considered young given the production of the underclassmen. That is just crazy in itself. SP almost put 100 on them last year so has their defense gotten better or was it just the typical struggles stopping the red bone. This is the matchup people wanted to see.
JM Robinson scored a defensive TD and One in garbage time but the name of the game at this point in the playoffs is defense because everyone has weapons on offense.

Last edited:
Dudley fans and members of the team may not admit it, but I believe they got way too cocky last year coming off of their championship and handling SP the year before. They started off the game as if it would be a repeat of the previous game and when SP was able to get their footing and respond, Dudley didn't know what to do. You look at the teams and Dudley was a better team on paper, but they didn't make the adjustments needed and the team just got punched in the mouth.

Last night against Robinson, a similar thing started to happen. Robinson came back on a defensive TD and a quick offensive score and they found themselves up 21-20 at the start of the third. But this Dudley team kept their composure and promptly responded like we all know they should have.

#2 and #3 team in 3A according to Simmons ratings. Crest with a weak conference had 32nd SOS. Dudley was 86. Can imagine what that must have looked like some weeks.

Reactions: beamer24
By the time you get to the 4th Round, everybody is good, if not great, on both sides of the hall. Comparing regular season stats built up on weak sauce opponents can be deceiving and overrated. Only important stats now are the W and the L.

Good luck to the Panthers! #336power
Facts, in high school, regular season stats are useless, you can really on go on what’s happened in the playoffs. This one should be incredible.

If you can get on a bus drive from Greensboro get off the bus beat Crest at the Sid. Then my hats will be off to you.

Just plain and simple.

No more cupcakes left. Everyone is a good football team.

The day after Thanksgiving, capacity crowd, two very good teams full of athletes and tradition.

I hope it lives up to it all.

In my opinion the last 2 weeks Crest has made things harder on themselves by simply refusing to take what the defenses have been giving them.

There have been no less then 6 or 7 times in the last 2 games where Tater could have ran and got big yards or a first down but he chose to throw it. Now that's not a slight on him because he is doing what QB's do and what he has done all year so no one can fault him for trying to make a play.

Point being the deeper you get into the playoffs the margin for error gets way smaller.

We have thrived on big play after big play but now gaining 4 yards on first down to have 2nd and 6 is a huge deal over being 2nd and 10, or even a bigger deal gaining 4 or 6 yards on 2nd down and having 3rd and 4 as opposed to 3rd and 8 or 10.

You can't continue to win this deep in the playoffs from just big playing teams to death, you got to grind these games out.

Honestly Dudley practice against the Red Bone all that week leading up to that game last year against South Point. The Coaches stressed about assignments for each defensive man. Going into to game, everyone thought the LBs had their assignments down, but when the game got into the 2nd Quarter the defense seem confused. Remember the previous year Dudley defeated South Point at Dudley in the Regional Finals 38-0. But many of the Defensive Players, Especially the LBs and DLs had Graduated. That group last year was young. Dudley over the years was strong against the run. We played teams similar like Charlotte Catholic 4 times. Our Coaches seen those type of Offense before. This year's our front 7 has more experience. All spring, summer and during the season Dudley Players, Coaches and Fans was keeping up with South Point season. They wanted to play them again. It was burning at them to face them again. When the playoff seedings and bracket came out, they was hoping they would face South Point. We never know how it would have came out. (2021) 38-0, (2022) South Point 74-41, Dudley lead 21-6 & 29-13 in the 2nd. But that loss really motivated them coming into 2023 not to allow that to happen again. It was humbling! I work with one of the Assistant Coaches and he has 1 Son that starts for the Defense and we talk every day, that was one of the things he talked to me all year was about that South Point game of last year and how motivated it made them heading into 2023.

Last edited:
In my opinion the last 2 weeks Crest has made things harder on themselves by simply refusing to take what the defenses have been giving them.

There have been no less then 6 or 7 times in the last 2 games where Tater could have ran and got big yards or a first down but he chose to throw it. Now that's not a slight on him because he is doing what QB's do and what he has done all year so no one can fault him for trying to make a play.

Point being the deeper you get into the playoffs the margin for error gets way smaller.

We have thrived on big play after big play but now gaining 4 yards on first down to have 2nd and 6 is a huge deal over being 2nd and 10, or even a bigger deal gaining 4 or 6 yards on 2nd down and having 3rd and 4 as opposed to 3rd and 8 or 10.

You can't continue to win this deep in the playoffs from just big playing teams to death, you got to grind these games out.
Couldn’t have said any better !
Spot on.

Reactions: crestrulz

Reactions: shutdownD24
Are the bands allowed to play during live ball
Sh** Ac Reynolds plays music over the loud speaker on third downs when the other team is about to snap the ball which I’m certain is illegal as hell. It happened at the Kings Mountain game about eight times.

Sh** Ac Reynolds plays music over the loud speaker on third downs when the other team is about to snap the ball which I’m certain is illegal as hell. It happened at the Kings Mountain game about eight times.
I am not sure what the exact rule is for high school but if AC didn’t break it than they definitely bent it as much as possible lol

It was playing during the snap MULTIPLE times. MULTIPLE. After about the third, fourth time, I couldn’t believe the refs didn’t say something. Loud ass music EVERY third down with most still playing during kings mountains snaps

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT