ADVERTISEMENT

Dudley 54, Cape Fear 0 - 4A State Championship

They are in the Mideast region and loss the draw to Scotland. New Hanover is in the East region.

They are in the Mideast region and loss the draw to Scotland. New Hanover is in the East region.
Thank you, mam, but is you sure? Looks like it to me that Cape Fear and New Handover is both in the upper braket while Scotland and Rose is in the lower braket in the East.

This year the Mideast play the East. So East #1 plays Mideast #8; East #8 plays Mideast #1;

Mideast seeds
1. Scotland
2. Cape Fear

East seeds
1. New Hanover
2. JH Rose

The Mideast/East regions are based on the schools' longitude.

OK, if you say so. Thanks. Still dont make no sense to me, but I am simple. We play New Bern and they is on the ocean, I think. Seems like Cape Fear, nevermind. It is done by school folks and they aint not the smartest birds in the field.

What I am trying to say is I think that the top two teams in the east should get the top two spots. Scotland and Cape Fear both ought to be #1's.

They take the 64 teams that qualify for the playoffs. They take then split the 64 teams into the biggest 32 and smallest 32.

In the small 4A, they then divide the schools by their longitude. The farthest 8 schools are East, the next 8 Mideast, the next 8 Mideast, and the final 8 are West.

They seed those 8 teams by their finish in conference and record. They do the same in the other 3 regions.

This year, the East plays Mideast in each matchup. In the past, they would play East on East in the same bracket, but it was changed by the NCHSAA to cut down on possible conference matchups in the first round.

They need to seed 1-16 in the overall region then break them down to sub region. This would allow the higher seed to get home field as they play through.

Playoff system needs a complete overhaul!

They need to seed 1-16 in the overall region then break them down to sub region. This would allow the higher seed to get home field as they play through.

Playoff system needs a complete overhaul!

Btango, I've been trying to get caught up on all the playoff seeding and brackets but to no avail. Who is the overall #1 seed out of the 4A West? Davie or East Forsyth?

East Forsyth will be because their MaxPreps ranking is higher than Davie's. They have the same 10 game winning percentage as well as same overall record.

This probably does not come in factor but EF lost to Page in non-conference game while
Davie lost to WF in a conference game therefore EF could drop one while Davie couldn't as far as
ten game schedule correct???

Say for instance Dudley matches up with Charlotte Catholic, who would be the home team? Since both are two seeds , but Dudley is ranked higher than Catholic

I thought Catholic got to drop the non-conference loss and report a10-0 record and get the home game against the 9-1 Panthers... If they both get that far it should be another great game.

Last edited:
East Forsyth will be because their MaxPreps ranking is higher than Davie's. They have the same 10 game winning percentage as well as same overall record.

Ross Blue Gold.....this is same scenario as Charlotte Catholic and Davie County. Davie County win the draw for first seeding in West Bracket. Then after that, any tiebreaker goes to seeding therefore, Dudley get the home game against CC if they meet in Western Regional final. HEY .....there are other teams that are capable to beat either team. Don't count the chicken before eggs hatches!

If Dudley and Charlotte Catholic were to meet the game would be at Charlotte Catholic because their 10 game winning percentage record is 10-0 vs Dudley's 9-1

Dudley's 10 game winning percentage is .900 where Charlotte Catholic's is 1.000, the game would be at Charlotte Catholic if those two meet. MaxPreps ranking is the last tie breaker

No it will it will be at Dudley because they 're ranked higher in Max Preps
No it will not. The tie breaker before Max Prep rankings is 10 game schedule. 10-0 vs 9-1 is better. It would be at home. Also Catholic is a conference champion so that is another tie breaker they'd win over Dudley.
Also you know what I really want? I want a Catholic/Cardinal Gibbons state title game just to make everyone mad LOL

No it will not. The tie breaker before Max Prep rankings is 10 game schedule. 10-0 vs 9-1 is better. It would be at home. Also Catholic is a conference champion so that is another tie breaker they'd win over Dudley.
Also you know what I really want? I want a Catholic/Cardinal Gibbons state title game just to make everyone mad LOL
I hope Catholic makes it so ya'll can be mad on Dec 17, hey i understand that you don't want to face the SCOTS...........

I hope Catholic makes it so ya'll can be mad on Dec 17, hey i understand that you don't want to face the SCOTS...........
I wouldn't mind facing the Scots at all I think it'd be a great match up. I was just making a joke since a title game between two Catholic schools in 4A would certainly ruffle some feathers. Not likely because even if Gibbons and Scotland do match up in the eastern finals, Gibbons doesn't seem to play a ton of defense so I think Scotland would handle them.

I wouldn't mind facing the Scots at all I think it'd be a great match up. I was just making a joke since a title game between two Catholic schools in 4A would certainly ruffle some feathers. Not likely because even if Gibbons and Scotland do match up in the eastern finals, Gibbons doesn't seem to play a ton of defense so I think Scotland would handle them.
i to think it would be a great match up CC and the Scots but along way to go Hoggard is playing well so they have our full attention right now plus they beat us 2 years ago so the Scots will be ready......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT