ADVERTISEMENT

Draughn 41 East Burke 35

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
Man Oh Man - The Flags were flying all game long at Caviler Stadium - We had pretty every call you could have from Fair Catch Interference to Facemask! Key Notes: 1. Draughn overall wanted this game more 2. Draughn Fans were way more into it then EB 3. This game was a True Definition of a Rivalry game

For East Burke : First Half was very good as they got a Pick that turn into 6 pt for them. They ran the ball very well in first half. 2nd half was totally different- Way too many mistake flag wise , O line/D line seem wear down a bit, Physically they were gassed in 2nd half. They couldn’t stop Draughn Passing attack which lead to big plays in 1st half n 2nd half. East Burke Biggest chance to get the ball ball with about 4:30 left was when EB down a punt inside the 2 but with a Face mask (5 yard variety) and Few big by Draughn sealed it. East Burke Got out played in the 2nd half.

For Draughn: The energy was great on their side esp Fans. Draughn went pound for pound with East Burke Run game as they lead 22-21 at half. Draughn did have some penalties that hurt them as did EB but Draughn made enough plays in the 2nd half to win this contest. Draughn made play when they needed to pick up the pace or game. Only issue I had with Draughn was their was a lot taking bout and forth between the players. Draughn kinda showed boated a little bit but I get it esp when it was a Big TD play to put them up 35-28. Draughn sealed the game with long Drive to score with 31.7 sec left and also they had held EB to punt with 4:30 left to give them the ball back n they did what they need to do to win.

Brawl: The PAT was Blocked and Players came together , I didn’t see any punches but there was some pushing n all but Coaches from both side nip the issue in the butt fast n got them separate because that had a chance to get ugly.

Referee: I thought most of the calls were correct, their were some iffy Holding calls both way but I will say this - I thought they could of done a better job nipping the chippiness and talk back n forth in game sooner bc their was lot pushing n talking and such after tackles n plays.

Overall: Good Ole Rivalry game with tons of things to talk about! It was a good game overall even though there were a ton of penalties on both sides. Draughn is now the outright 3rd place holder and East Burke Finishes 4th

Man Oh Man - The Flags were flying all game long at Caviler Stadium - We had pretty every call you could have from Fair Catch Interference to Facemask! Key Notes: 1. Draughn overall wanted this game more 2. Draughn Fans were way more into it then EB 3. This game was a True Definition of a Rivalry game

For East Burke : First Half was very good as they got a Pick that turn into 6 pt for them. They ran the ball very well in first half. 2nd half was totally different- Way too many mistake flag wise , O line/D line seem wear down a bit, Physically they were gassed in 2nd half. They couldn’t stop Draughn Passing attack which lead to big plays in 1st half n 2nd half. East Burke Biggest chance to get the ball ball with about 4:30 left was when EB down a punt inside the 2 but with a Face mask (5 yard variety) and Few big by Draughn sealed it. East Burke Got out played in the 2nd half.

For Draughn: The energy was great on their side esp Fans. Draughn went pound for pound with East Burke Run game as they lead 22-21 at half. Draughn did have some penalties that hurt them as did EB but Draughn made enough plays in the 2nd half to win this contest. Draughn made play when they needed to pick up the pace or game. Only issue I had with Draughn was their was a lot taking bout and forth between the players. Draughn kinda showed boated a little bit but I get it esp when it was a Big TD play to put them up 35-28. Draughn sealed the game with long Drive to score with 31.7 sec left and also they had held EB to punt with 4:30 left to give them the ball back n they did what they need to do to win.

Brawl: The PAT was Blocked and Players came together , I didn’t see any punches but there was some pushing n all but Coaches from both side nip the issue in the butt fast n got them separate because that had a chance to get ugly.

Referee: I thought most of the calls were correct, their were some iffy Holding calls both way but I will say this - I thought they could of done a better job nipping the chippiness and talk back n forth in game sooner bc their was lot pushing n talking and such after tackles n plays.

Overall: Good Ole Rivalry game with tons of things to talk about! It was a good game overall even though there were a ton of penalties on both sides. Draughn is now the outright 3rd place holder and East Burke Finishes 4th
Great post... felt like I was there...after reading it.

Back and forth all night flags killed East Burke they would gain 25 and loss 30 on holding that was the story tonight. I bet 150 yards in Penalties a lot of trash talking fight at the end to stop the game with 31 second left!!

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
I still don’t get why Draughn was built ! I know it was over crowding n all so they went 2 to 4 Hs n EB wasn’t that good at the 4A level but A lot those Draughn kids could be at EB and their some good talent at Draughn they have a passing attack that EB doesn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT