ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 9 🐻

Q: Does losing to a good team help your RPI more than winning against a bad team? (Real question, I dont know)🤷🏻‍♂️

In effect, should we schedule South Point annually, or a team we can likely beat every year? (For RPI/seeding)
I'm always in favor of playing the best. I want to gauge where our team and players are at all the time. If you are good, not matter what your RPI says, you will win and advance. But overall, I want to play the best. I think Lincolnton can be that 15-20 seed that no one wants to play this year. That is what I would want even if I play a Reidsville in 2nd round.

I'm always in favor of playing the best. I want to gauge where our team and players are at all the time. If you are good, not matter what your RPI says, you will win and advance. But overall, I want to play the best. I think Lincolnton can be that 15-20 seed that no one wants to play this year. That is what I would want even if I play a Reidsville in 2nd round.
The last two years Lincolnton has went on the road and won as a lower seed. Their reward was a second round matchup with Monroe in 2022 and Shelby last year.

Same starting quarterback same top fast receiver. A star freshman running back. Think another receivers back from last year. They lost the running back and a linebacker that

Same starting quarterback same top fast receiver. A star freshman running back. Think another receivers back from last year. They lost the running back and a linebacker that were good.
They returned 3 starters on offense and like 1 on defense. I believe 1 receiver, qb and 1 o-line kid. Newton will be very good in about 2 years.

They returned 3 starters on offense and like 1 on defense. I believe 1 receiver, qb and 1 o-line kid. Newton will be very good in about 2 years.
That's always the mantra JV is always good middle school is always good but never translate into varsity. Some of those kids won't stick around I'll go somewhere else some of the middle school kids will never make it to Newton Conover high School too many variables in place. Lastly they never will get along and play a team.

Lets say everything goes normal the rest of the year no upsets more likely Newton goes 2-8 they'll be people in Newton already calling for his head just the way that town is.

The last two years Lincolnton has went on the road and won as a lower seed. Their reward was a second round matchup with Monroe in 2022 and Shelby last year.
But because Lincolnton made some noise I bet the buzz/atmosphere in town, school, and the game was electric. No matter the outcome, you play to compete/win , create excitement within the town and I'm sure it created a sense of who they were at the time. However, I think the Wolves have a legit chance to finish 2nd if they pick up a win vs. Maiden, which they can. They started the year 0-5 vs. a stacked schedule and competed in most of those. They have won 3 straight and if you don't think they have a sense of being tested and now they are hungry and have an understanding through adversity how much better they are..well....I think they run the table for the rest of the year. I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong but I think they are ready..

But because Lincolnton made some noise I bet the buzz/atmosphere in town, school, and the game was electric. No matter the outcome, you play to compete/win , create excitement within the town and I'm sure it created a sense of who they were at the time. However, I think the Wolves have a legit chance to finish 2nd if they pick up a win vs. Maiden, which they can. They started the year 0-5 vs. a stacked schedule and competed in most of those. They have won 3 straight and if you don't think they have a sense of being tested and now they are hungry and have an understanding through adversity how much better they are..well....I think they run the table for the rest of the year. I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong but I think they are ready..
Im
Eh, less electric than you'd suppose. At 0-3 or 1-4, fickle fanbases often take their interests elsewhere.

In the days past, the community was absolutely electric. But nowadays, kids across the street go to the publicly funded private school west of town, or to their choice of the directionally named schools. If you're going to get attn, it'd best be quickly.

We used to laugh when West would come to town with a 5-0 record, their fans believing that this was their year! They created the stir with scheduling.

Its an interesting debate, and I'm sering benefits both ways. Rankings like winners. Fans do, too.

On a thread-subject note, Im counting on us running the table. If Maiden will take care of Bunker, we can share the conference... And, I wager we'll still be seeded below teams we beat.

Math was never my strong suit, tho🤷🏻‍♂️

But Id rather be a low seeded Wolf, than a high seeded anything else!

Go Wolves!

Last edited:
Im

Eh, less electric than you'd suppose. At 0-3 or 1-4, fickle fanbases often take their interests elsewhere.

In the days past, the community was absolutely electric. But nowadays, kids across the street go to the publicly funded private school west of town, or to their choice of the directionally named schools. If you're going to get attn, it'd best be quickly.

We used to laugh when West would come to town with a 5-0 record, their fans believing that this was their year! They created the stir with scheduling.

Its an interesting debate, and I'm sering benefits both ways. Rankings like winners. Fans do, too.

On a thread-subject note, Im counting on us running the table. If Maiden will take care of Bunker, we can share the conference... And, I wager we'll still be seeded below teams we beat.

I agree 100% and understand your points. It makes for a great debate, but I believe for another day. Best of luck to the Wolves the rest of the way and, as always, stay healthy.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Im

Go Wolves!
Bunker hill would.hold the tie breaker over y'all and be conference champions

Im

Go Wolves!
Now we be at Bunker Hill and Newton beats bunker Hill then u could be in business

LOL, it wasn't me, AMD, been around here all day. Have to say though, that is one of my tactics, the mouth hanging open, etc. Actually, when my car was bought the only thing I looked at was the price and not the color. For a long time I thought it was blue, but Cheerduck told me it is "casket gray".

You be the judge. Who's safer, an older driver,

or a younger driver.
Lincolnton does not drive over the speed limit and is a very cautious driver most of the time. However: DO NOT expect him to be late for a game of importance for any reason whatsoever. He still uses a rotary phone too!

Thank you, my friend and everything you said is correct. I really want to be a modern man but since I’m so outdated I figure the best way to get there is to become more and more outdated, and presto, it turns into modern. It’s like drinking oneself sober.

Lincolnton does not drive over the speed limit and is a very cautious driver most of the time. However: DO NOT expect him to be late for a game of importance for any reason whatsoever. He still uses a rotary phone too!
I kind of wish I had a rotary phone that way I can see if my nieces and nephews to figure out how to use it. But then again I also have to have the phone line in my house to do that which I don't 😂

• Haha
Thought they dont do tiebreakers? Either way, I'll claim it!
We would be co-conference champs but BH would definitely get the 1 seed. They beat us head to head and will be much higher in RPI. But that’s all speculation. Us winning out is a tall task even if Maiden beats BH. We just need to show up and beat EB Friday and go from there.

We would be co-conference champs but BH would definitely get the 1 seed. They beat us head to head and will be much higher in RPI. But that’s all speculation. Us winning out is a tall task even if Maiden beats BH. We just need to show up and beat EB Friday and go from there.
Being Lincolnton guys we always think we have a chance of winning, but I've seen both play. They have size, speed and athleticism, and know how to use it. BH just manhandled West Lincoln; should Maiden and WL play, today, feel pretty sure it would be a different outcome.

I
Won’t be hard to beat EB. Morale and injuries have probably (I say probably cause I’m not a close on ground fan with a kid on team with big scoops) got them down. Lincolnton will just have to take them serious as opposed to playing West Caldwell. What got my hopes up on the Cavs was them playing a really hard team in the beginning and taking only a 1 score loss to a much improved newly coached Freedom. We’ll Freedom lost to ACentral and Christ school is a bit overrated but still pretty good I hadn’t looked at their Maxpreps schedule to see how they are fairing out which not good in one game, crushed by 6 or 7 scores.

EB don’t seem to carry much down the upcoming pipeline so uncertain bout the future even with the whole realignment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT