ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 9 🐻

Q: Does losing to a good team help your RPI more than winning against a bad team? (Real question, I dont know)🤷🏻‍♂️

In effect, should we schedule South Point annually, or a team we can likely beat every year? (For RPI/seeding)
I'm always in favor of playing the best. I want to gauge where our team and players are at all the time. If you are good, not matter what your RPI says, you will win and advance. But overall, I want to play the best. I think Lincolnton can be that 15-20 seed that no one wants to play this year. That is what I would want even if I play a Reidsville in 2nd round.

Bandys (better win this one)
Bunker Hill (hope I’m wrong)
Lincolnton (hope I’m right)
West Lincoln (WC is even worse than I imagined)

Reactions: Lincolnton
I'm always in favor of playing the best. I want to gauge where our team and players are at all the time. If you are good, not matter what your RPI says, you will win and advance. But overall, I want to play the best. I think Lincolnton can be that 15-20 seed that no one wants to play this year. That is what I would want even if I play a Reidsville in 2nd round.
The last two years Lincolnton has went on the road and won as a lower seed. Their reward was a second round matchup with Monroe in 2022 and Shelby last year.

Same starting quarterback same top fast receiver. A star freshman running back. Think another receivers back from last year. They lost the running back and a linebacker that

Same starting quarterback same top fast receiver. A star freshman running back. Think another receivers back from last year. They lost the running back and a linebacker that were good.
They returned 3 starters on offense and like 1 on defense. I believe 1 receiver, qb and 1 o-line kid. Newton will be very good in about 2 years.

They returned 3 starters on offense and like 1 on defense. I believe 1 receiver, qb and 1 o-line kid. Newton will be very good in about 2 years.
That's always the mantra JV is always good middle school is always good but never translate into varsity. Some of those kids won't stick around I'll go somewhere else some of the middle school kids will never make it to Newton Conover high School too many variables in place. Lastly they never will get along and play a team.

Lets say everything goes normal the rest of the year no upsets more likely Newton goes 2-8 they'll be people in Newton already calling for his head just the way that town is.

The last two years Lincolnton has went on the road and won as a lower seed. Their reward was a second round matchup with Monroe in 2022 and Shelby last year.
But because Lincolnton made some noise I bet the buzz/atmosphere in town, school, and the game was electric. No matter the outcome, you play to compete/win , create excitement within the town and I'm sure it created a sense of who they were at the time. However, I think the Wolves have a legit chance to finish 2nd if they pick up a win vs. Maiden, which they can. They started the year 0-5 vs. a stacked schedule and competed in most of those. They have won 3 straight and if you don't think they have a sense of being tested and now they are hungry and have an understanding through adversity how much better they are..well....I think they run the table for the rest of the year. I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong but I think they are ready..

But because Lincolnton made some noise I bet the buzz/atmosphere in town, school, and the game was electric. No matter the outcome, you play to compete/win , create excitement within the town and I'm sure it created a sense of who they were at the time. However, I think the Wolves have a legit chance to finish 2nd if they pick up a win vs. Maiden, which they can. They started the year 0-5 vs. a stacked schedule and competed in most of those. They have won 3 straight and if you don't think they have a sense of being tested and now they are hungry and have an understanding through adversity how much better they are..well....I think they run the table for the rest of the year. I'll be the first to admit if I'm wrong but I think they are ready..
Im
Eh, less electric than you'd suppose. At 0-3 or 1-4, fickle fanbases often take their interests elsewhere.

In the days past, the community was absolutely electric. But nowadays, kids across the street go to the publicly funded private school west of town, or to their choice of the directionally named schools. If you're going to get attn, it'd best be quickly.

We used to laugh when West would come to town with a 5-0 record, their fans believing that this was their year! They created the stir with scheduling.

Its an interesting debate, and I'm sering benefits both ways. Rankings like winners. Fans do, too.

On a thread-subject note, Im counting on us running the table. If Maiden will take care of Bunker, we can share the conference... And, I wager we'll still be seeded below teams we beat.

Math was never my strong suit, tho🤷🏻‍♂️

But Id rather be a low seeded Wolf, than a high seeded anything else!

Go Wolves!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dadof23
Im

Eh, less electric than you'd suppose. At 0-3 or 1-4, fickle fanbases often take their interests elsewhere.

In the days past, the community was absolutely electric. But nowadays, kids across the street go to the publicly funded private school west of town, or to their choice of the directionally named schools. If you're going to get attn, it'd best be quickly.

We used to laugh when West would come to town with a 5-0 record, their fans believing that this was their year! They created the stir with scheduling.

Its an interesting debate, and I'm sering benefits both ways. Rankings like winners. Fans do, too.

On a thread-subject note, Im counting on us running the table. If Maiden will take care of Bunker, we can share the conference... And, I wager we'll still be seeded below teams we beat.

Math was never my strong suit, tho🤷🏻‍♂️
I agree 100% and understand your points. It makes for a great debate, but I believe for another day. Best of luck to the Wolves the rest of the way and, as always, stay healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT