ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 8🧸

As loyal as you are they should let you go with them on the bus.
Not drive it just ride with them. I know you could drive it but if you had some kind of psychotic reaction and flashed back to the demolition derby you might drive all the way there in reverse at top speed, then wipe out half the parking lot once you got there… The players would someday tell their grandchildren about this amazing event.

Tonight, I fudged on our team (feeling pretty sure we would win) and went over to Bandys to watch them play Maiden. It was a really good game, big crowd, and the best of nights for football. That is a great rivalry, and so many of them, both sides, seem to know each other. I was afraid to go onto Maiden's side because we haven't played them, yet, and had they lost to Bandys and them mad, I didn't want to be the focus of and intra-conference incident if someone recognized me as a Lincolnton type, if you get my drift.

Did Look to see if I knew anyone. Wasn't able to identify AMD, but there was one of the Maiden guys who appeared to be a noticeably strong looking young man and wore his hat with the bill at 180°, GrizzlyDevil, that you by chance. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Anyway, congratulations to the Blue Devils. If a game is really close at the end they just know how to pull it out.

Postscript: After a hard fought game I saw a lot of players and fans from both sides hugging and fraternizing, and to me, that's very commendable. It's just that I've never had a desire to hug anyone from East, West or North Lincoln, and I know they have no desire to hug me, either.

Side Note: I listened carefully for it but the Maiden fans were never directed to leave out of the infamous visitors' exit, but I think that's because our team got into a fight with them two years ago.

Side Note: AMD, I mentioned to one of the associates in the concession stand, that you said for someone to afford their prices they would have to apply for a loan secured by a promissory note, from someone with much collateral... She said to tell you not to come back anymore. :)

Tonight, I fudged on our team (feeling pretty sure we would win) and went over to Bandys to watch them play Maiden. It was a really good game, big crowd, and the best of nights for football. That is a great rivalry, and so many of them, both sides, seem to know each other. I was afraid to go onto Maiden's side because we haven't played them, yet, and had they lost to Bandys and them mad, I didn't want to be the focus of and intra-conference incident if someone recognized me as a Lincolnton type, if you get my drift.

Did Look to see if I knew anyone. Wasn't able to identify AMD, but there was one of the Maiden guys who appeared to be a noticeably strong looking young man and wore his hat with the bill at 180°, GrizzlyDevil, that you by chance. My eyes aren't what they used to be. Anyway, congratulations to the Blue Devils. If a game is really close at the end they just know how to pull it out.

Postscript: After a hard fought game I saw a lot of players and fans from both sides hugging and fraternizing, and to me, that's very commendable. It's just that I've never had a desire to hug anyone from East, West or North Lincoln, and I know they have no desire to hug me, either.

Side Note: I listened carefully for it but the Maiden fans were never directed to leave out of the infamous visitors' exit, but I think that's because our team got into a fight with them two years ago.

Side Note: AMD, I mentioned to one of the associates in the concession stand, that you said for someone to afford their prices they would have to apply for a loan secured by a promissory note, from someone with much collateral... She said to tell you not to come back anymore. :)
Was me you seen...rally cap on from start to finish 😂

Lol I was there on the field in the end zone. U gotta look harder LOL. Example of them Sherrill Ford prices popcorn $2, loaded nachos $8, hamburger $6, cheeseburger $7, slice of pizza $4 and drink $3. Got anything ever let people have some small cups of hot chocolate for $2 🤣. The guy in front of me total came to $39. Most expensive concessions in NC lol. It's a calmed down rivalry, it seemed more heated back in the day when the kids from Maiden and bandy's went to the same middle school at Tuttle before splitting off.

• Wow
Reactions: Lincolnton
CVAC Pick ‘em
37 games

LTown Wolves - 35
amaidendevil - 34
Beamer24 - 34
Burkeforreal - 34
EB1977 - 34
BunkerHillBear12 - 31
Maiden Creek - 31
Lincolnton - 30
Wolf4Lyfe - 30
Dadof23 - 29
BigRedRKO - 26
AlwaysAWolf - 23

Very tough Defensive game.. TD yards were hard to come by. West was very physical upfront. West relied on Jalen Winix big run game. He was caught in several long runs by Michael Sifford though. Winix had a 1 yrd td run and a 14 yrs run. NC had a lot of chances but couldn't capitalize, only scored was in the 4th on a 16 yrd pass to a TE. Game got very scrappy, big hits, lots of PF penalties on both teams. If you like defense then it was a good one. Sounds like Maiden and Bandys was a barn burner as usual.

One thing I seem to notice with bandy's is they fade in the fourth quarter it's what's cost him this last two games and almost cost them against West Lincoln.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Very tough Defensive game.. TD yards were hard to come by. West was very physical upfront. West relied on Jalen Winix big run game. He was caught in several long runs by Michael Sifford though. Winix had a 1 yrd td run and a 14 yrs run. NC had a lot of chances but couldn't capitalize, only scored was in the 4th on a 16 yrd pass to a TE. Game got very scrappy, big hits, lots of PF penalties on both teams. If you like defense then it was a good one. Sounds like Maiden and Bandys was a barn burner as usual.
Get ready for the same thing next week against bandys. Bandys line is just as big and physical and a mean streak. They will play past the whistle also. Differences they are a lot more dangerous on offense. They can get you with the feet and the air.

Last edited:
I haven’t been to see Bandys play in over 20 years now. Last time I believe was in ‘03. I need to go see them again. But I would want go when Maiden plays at Bandys. I could imagine the crowd and excitement. I use to watch them back in the ‘90s when they was really good.

Last edited:
I haven’t been to see Bandys play in over 20 years now. Last time I believe was in ‘03. I need to go see them again. But I would want go when Maiden plays at Bandys. I could imagine the crowd and excitement. I use to watch them back in the ‘90s when they was really good.
Well whenever you do be there early because there is no parking treat it like a theater and try to sneak your own drinks and snacks in, or stop by the ATM empty out here saving account 🤣. And lastly remember the visitor side has the press box on it. Because Maiden has owmed them for so long that we decided to take their home side 😂

Played looking ahead to next week like we have the past 4 year
Here's the real question after this season do all the Bunker Hill people will disappear off the forum. 🤔 Honestly I would say that this is 75% Maiden Lincolnton and about 15% Bunker Hill lately 9% East Burke and 1% Newton/West Caldwell. 0% West Lincoln or bandys

Reactions: flyrod5518
Here's the real question after this season do all the Bunker Hill people will disappear off the forum. 🤔 Honestly I would say that this is 75% Maiden Lincolnton and about 15% Bunker Hill lately 9% East Burke and 1% Newton/West Caldwell. 0% West Lincoln or bandys
Well I'm only here for football season. Don't really get into basketball anymore. I may go to a game once in a while but don't really follow it that much. So after that, I'll be back next season, good Lord willing. Will be interesting to see with the new classifications where all the teams will end up. Will Shelby come and join the CVAC? Will we all be looking at new teams we haven't played in a while? I see us possibly losing West Caldwell, or East Burke.

We can get the same production and intensity next week out of raheim, tae'len and keyahjae it's going to be one hell of a game

Well I'm only here for football season. Don't really get into basketball anymore. I may go to a game once in a while but don't really follow it that much. So after that, I'll be back next season, good Lord willing. Will be interesting to see with the new classifications where all the teams will end up. Will Shelby come and join the CVAC? Will we all be looking at new teams we haven't played in a while? I see us possibly losing West Caldwell, or East Burke.
About guarantee Lincolnton and West lincolnton's out. Can Foard drop enough kids this year to fall into our classification. I think last year there are only 50 kids higher than y'all at Newton. Shelby could even be a question of being in our classification. They would be closer to Lincolnton. In an ideal situation it would be the current CVAC minus Lincoln county. Then Foard drops enough to be in the cvac. Then we have to find one more team maybe West iredell

Reactions: Dinglebear
About guarantee Lincolnton and West lincolnton's out. Can Foard drop enough kids this year to fall into our classification. I think last year there are only 50 kids higher than y'all at Newton. Shelby could even be a question of being in our classification. They would be closer to Lincolnton. In an ideal situation it would be the current CVAC minus Lincoln county. Then Foard drops enough to be in the cvac. Then we have to find one more team maybe West iredell
Could very well be the case as well. Maybe a North Iredell, not sure of the numbers. Going to be interesting for sure.

Another good question is how much does bandy's grow this year. They had 906 kids last year and I wouldn't think it would be out of the realm for them adding 20 or 30 kids with the growth out there making them bigger than Foard

CVAC Pick ‘em
37 games

LTown Wolves - 35
amaidendevil - 34
Beamer24 - 34
Burkeforreal - 34
EB1977 - 34
BunkerHillBear12 - 31
Maiden Creek - 31
Lincolnton - 30
Wolf4Lyfe - 30
Dadof23 - 29
BigRedRKO - 26
AlwaysAWolf - 23
Ok. I see how it is. I pick against Maiden and I'm posted at the bottom within minutes.

Its ok. Anybody can pick winners by score...Im an influencer, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT