ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2023 - Week 6

All night we were trying to get the refs to see that they were pushing the running back and QB forward not the pile but the actual running back.

Hell I was right there when they were chop blocking our players and the refs wouldn't throw a flag they just went up to him and told him not to do it again

Stupid penalty shooting Us in the foot kept us from jumping out to a 14 point lead is exactly what you need to do to West Lincoln

I honestly want to vent so much about how tonight's game went but for once I'm trying to be a little bit better of a person and understand that these are kids especially with our team being so young and sometimes it's not right for me to just go off on angry rants

Reactions: Lincolnton
Whew!…glad to be home. My daggum phone don’t ever work over there in Vale…sluggish as all get out.

It was a great game….West Lincoln put it on us. Their line on both sides is very good and I thought their secondary played very well. Those 2 ball carriers ate us up too.

It was good to see my Johnny brother and his family as well. As y’all know….imma Johnny fan too….so I was happy for them.

Maiden needs to continue to improve and I have all the confidence that they will. Just hold your heads up and keep working and get ready for West Caldwell. It’s been awhile since Maiden lost a conference game….so I’m anxious to see how our team responds!

It ain’t over yet…go Boom Devils!❤️

The las
Whew!…glad to be home. My daggum phone don’t ever work over there in Vale…sluggish as all get out.

It was a great game….West Lincoln put it on us. Their line on both sides is very good and I thought their secondary played very well. Those 2 ball carriers ate us up too.

It was good to see my Johnny brother and his family as well. As y’all know….imma Johnny fan too….so I was happy for them.

Maiden needs to continue to improve and I have all the confidence that they will. Just hold your heads up and keep working and get ready for West Caldwell. It’s been awhile since Maiden lost a conference game….so I’m anxious to see how our team responds!

The last time we lost a conference game was to North Lincoln in the old conference

I am surprised at the total points scored and the final spread. West Lincoln must be pretty good to beat you guys a week after handling Bandys. Are they still mainly a run oriented team?

Proud of the Eb guys for not giving up after being down 35 6 at HT. It has to be tough as a coach and a play caller calling games when you are short key players and have a couple of TD's called back one a 80 yd TD and receivers drop wide open passes. I know it was tough watching this but on to another tough battle next week! It would be nice to have a easy team to play like some teams do.LOL

Proud of the Eb guys for not giving up after being down 35 6 at HT. It has to be tough as a coach and a play caller calling games when you are short key players and have a couple of TD's called back one a 80 yd TD and receivers drop wide open passes. I know it was tough watching this but on to another tough battle next week! It would be nice to have a easy team to play like some teams do.LOL
Forgot we drop two INT and a few wide open passes oh well I will quit complaining!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek

The officiating was horrible, but we did lose to a better team. The difference was in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Inexperience and a key injury or two are factors, but what was supposed to be the strength of the team has been anything but. If the defensive front seven can't find a way to improve against the run, this will be no better than a 5-5 team. The two good teams we've played, Watauga and WL, absolutely destroyed us on the ground.

We've had a great six-year run, especially the last three years, so we've been spoiled and shouldn't complain. But this is probably the worst defense we've played since the 5-7 team in 2014.

Reactions: amaidendevil
The officiating was horrible, but we did lose to a better team. The difference was in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Inexperience and a key injury or two are factors, but what was supposed to be the strength of the team has been anything but. If the defensive front seven can't find a way to improve against the run, this will be no better than a 5-5 team. The two good teams we've played, Watauga and WL, absolutely destroyed us on the ground.

We've had a great six-year run, especially the last three years, so we've been spoiled and shouldn't complain. But this is probably the worst defense we've played since the 5-7 team in 2014.
Bandys just throws the ball about every play so if you can defend the pass that should be a good game for Maiden!!

Did y’all run a 4 or 5 man front against them

I couldn’t agree more.

However…I find comfort in knowing….you can’t question any of ‘em….when it comes to heart.

I love this team!😉….they’ll win one….thats gonna surprise everybody….wait and see.

I couldn’t agree more.

However…I find comfort in knowing….you can’t question any of ‘em….when it comes to heart.

I love this team!😉….they’ll win one….thats gonna surprise everybody….wait and see.
Last night on the WNNC post-game show, one of their staff mentioned that Maiden knew how to rebound and might run the table. Don’t think he was a Blue Devil’s fan, either.

No excuses and I haven't really said anything about it on here cuz I don't want to excuses. But we may be the most injury riddled team in this area
I'm your witness on that ! You made no excuses...Well, you did indicate that the officials didn't do their job and that West Lincoln cheated, but nothing other than that. Oh, and I didn't tell you, did I. I'm going to nominate your post as the NC Preps shortest post of the year:

Q.
Lincolnton said:
AMD, was there a big crowd at WL tonight ?

A. amaidendevil said:
Yeah

They said before it could be given serious consideration for shortest post of the year, there would have to be something audible to fit the mood. Best I could do:

• Haha
I'm your witness on that ! You made no excuses...Well, you did indicate that the officials didn't do their job and that West Lincoln cheated, but nothing other than that. Oh, and I didn't tell you, did I. I'm going to nominate your post as the NC Preps shortest post of the year:

Q.
Lincolnton said:
AMD, was there a big crowd at WL tonight ?

A. amaidendevil said:
Yeah

They said before it could be given serious consideration for shortest post of the year, there would have to be something audible to fit the mood. Best I could do:

It's not cheating unless you get caught. But it's okay I get to go next Saturday and take my frustrations out behind the wheel of a 4000 lb piece of metal built for destroying things. God have mercy on the other drivers at hickory motor speedway

Just don't do it before you get to the speedway. LOL, I got to say, all things considered and you being one of the most hardcore Alums that I know of, you handled it. well. I thought you'd throw a fit over the goat, but you didn't. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT