ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 3

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Another good week of non-conference matchups.

Bandys (1-1) - open
Bunker Hill (2-0) at North Iredell (0-2). Did their #1 RB get hurt??
East Burke (1-1) vs Draughn (2-0)
Lincolnton (1-1) vs East Lincoln (2-0)
Maiden (1-1) vs St. Stephens (1-1)
Newton-Conover (1-1) at Hickory (1-1)
West Caldwell (0-2) at Hibriten (0-3)
West Lincoln (2-0) vs Foard (0-2)

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Bandys (1-1) - open

All of ‘em….county games…except Cat Square vs Vale. Heck…that’s Hatfields vs McCoys….that’s close enough. 😉

Bandys will definitely not lose this week...
Bunker Hill will go 3-0
Going to say draughn will be the winner, Pittsburgh people don't like me anyway I guess I ain't going to win them back this week lol.
Going to go with East Lincoln winning. Lincolnton just haven't shown me what I thought I would see so far I still think they will get better as year goes on.
Maiden goes full Cobra Kai on St Stephen's we show no mercy.. to get back on track.
Going with hickory because Newton can't ever just can't get nothing together. They may be the most athletic mentally damaged team in the county.
Going to go with hibritan because u just don't ever see West Caldwell win.
West Lincoln will win they will probably push forward around so badly that they end up pushed into cat square. West Lincoln will probably have so many rush yards that they could have ran back home.

Let’s get it popin’ The Burkes views of the games

Bunker Hill and North Iredell- Good time to work on emergency passing game for a couple quarters for the Bears before jumping into serious games.
Bears by 35 if conservative

East Burke and Draughn- another civil war matchup, another bunch of divided homes in this game. Look for this one to be a knock down drag out whoever wants it more and has the ball last type of game. Game of the week to me. Cavs come in with attitude ready to shake off last weeks mistakes and keep committed and focused. Playing much better ball than newpaper predictors had them. Underestimated, very underestimated. Wildcats playing some of their best football ever/ 2 cupcake games. Nice combo of both. Cavs walk on field already battle tested. Cavs by 7 in a thriller.

Lincolnton and East Lincoln- Wolves coming with some confidence and momentum from last weeks win from a rival. it even be enough. EL by 14

Maiden and Saint- Maiden comes in ready to blow off some steam against a county foe. Might be a decent game for a quarter. Maiden cruises by 28

NC and Hickory- a rivalry that goes back to…what…the 30s? Both teams playing decent ball but Newton just not we’re they usually are. Hickory coming off a nice South Caldwell win, should be ok in this one. More intensity. Hickory by 14

WC and Hib- ah the classic black and blue. Neither team in the up and up. Hibriten as usual with 21. Not as much as some years, Expect it alittle closer

West Lincoln and Foard- good proximity rival game with lots of wins in Foards favor in years past, just not lately and prob no time soon. West rolls with a running clock by 35

Bunker Hill (2-0) at North Iredell (0-2)..... by 20: Woes continue for the Raiders
East Burke (1-1) vs Draughn (2-0)..... by 10: EB hungry for a win, this week
Lincolnton (1-1) vs East Lincoln (2-0)..... by 7: Someone else including any media covering it (except maybe Al Jazeera) will pick East Lincoln by 40, but not me.
Maiden (1-1) vs St. Stephens (1-1)..... by 35: A talking head once said "It is the opposition that makes us productive". Can I get a Bravo Sierra.
Newton-Conover (1-1) at Hickory (1-1)..... by 14: Hickory has too much.
West Caldwell (0-2) at Hibriten (0-3)..... by 21: So does Hibriten
West Lincoln (2-0) vs Foard (0-2)..... by 35: Sorry FTF but they're pretty tough.

*Winners in bold type.

Bunker Hill (2-0) at North Iredell (0-2)..... by 20: Woes continue for the Raiders
East Burke (1-1) vs Draughn (2-0)..... by 10: EB hungry for a win, this week
Lincolnton (1-1) vs East Lincoln (2-0)..... by 7: Someone else including any media covering it (except maybe Al Jazeera) will pick East Lincoln by 40, but not me.
Maiden (1-1) vs St. Stephens (1-1)..... by 35: A talking head once said "It is the opposition that makes us productive". Can I get a Bravo Sierra.
Newton-Conover (1-1) at Hickory (1-1)..... by 14: Hickory has too much.
West Caldwell (0-2) at Hibriten (0-3)..... by 21: So does Hibriten
West Lincoln (2-0) vs Foard (0-2)..... by 35: Sorry FTF but they're pretty tough.

*Winners in bold type.
The game is at Lincolnton?

Bandys (1-1) - open
BHHS
Draughn
EL
Maiden
Hickory
Hibriten
WL

Bunker Hill (2-0) at North Iredell (0-2)
Bunker Hill rolls by 35+

EBurke comes in hot and skips the "i don't know what to do with my hands" phase of the game. EBurke by 8

Lincolnton has some confidence and knows how to grit one out...but it won't be that close this week. ELincoln by 14

Have Mercy. Maiden by 35+

Hickory will build on last week and keep moving up. Hickory by 21+

WC will try their best...and it'll be close. Hibriten by 10

Foard is a dead opossum on the road to STATES!
State Champion Rebels by 50+

Standings after Week 2:

IgnoramusesWLW%
catawbavalleyexpert14288%
GrizzlyDevil14288%
Burkeforreal7188%
321North7188%
amaidendevil13381%
Maiden Creek13381%
Wolf4Lyfe13381%
Dadof2312475%
Lincolnton10663%
BlueDevil19963538%

Not everyone has played each week...so numbers don't match up like they did...so I added %% to keep it in perspective.

Standings after Week 2:

IgnoramusesWLW%
catawbavalleyexpert14288%
GrizzlyDevil14288%
Burkeforreal7188%
321North7188%
amaidendevil13381%
Maiden Creek13381%
Wolf4Lyfe13381%
Dadof2312475%
Lincolnton10663%
BlueDevil19963538%

Not everyone has played each week...so numbers don't match up like they did...so I added %% to keep it in perspective.
I love it. Let’s keep this going. It’ll be down to the wire cause some games and weeks are too predictable

I’d say the only game that could go either way and be close this week is East Burke and Draughn. Rest of em too easy to pick. WAY too easy. Only other one I’d be iffy bout is Lincolnton and EL. EL is got the hot hand and still a pretty predictable game

I didn’t say I had all my cards and chips on EL, come on fellas. Only reason I’d lean on EL is cause of the way they handled Hibriten and Lincolnton did beat North, but North is down this year. A very huge and relatable fan that I know said so.

I didn’t say I had all my cards and chips on EL, come on fellas. Only reason I’d lean on EL is cause of the way they handled Hibriten and Lincolnton did beat North, but North is down this year. A very huge and relatable fan that I know said so.
Forgive me, BFR, I appreciate your patience, just one of my rare grumpy old man days. You are correct in assessment and also that it's an easy pick. I read an entire book, yesterday, and I know better than to do that because I can't half-see for a day or so, and it was a stupid-@$$ science fiction book.
Then this morning, the son of a close friend who lives down at the lake, sent me an email poking at me about the upcoming game. Told me, "The wife and I and two other couples are driving up, Friday, after work and watch the beatdown". I meant to send an email back to him but had NC Preps open (which I know better than to have this window and an email or another writing window open at the same time) and inadvertently put it on here lol. So it's been a day of blunders. I'll get things straightened out, here, soon.

"The wife and I"...sounds like some kind of twisted broadband signal.

Forgive me, BFR, I appreciate your patience, just one of my rare grumpy old man days. You are correct in assessment and also that it's an easy pick. I read an entire book, yesterday, and I know better than to do that because I can't half-see for a day or so, and it was a stupid-@$$ science fiction book.
Then this morning, the son of a close friend who lives down at the lake, sent me an email poking at me about the upcoming game. Told me, "The wife and I and two other couples are driving up, Friday, after work and watch the beatdown". I meant to send an email back to him but had NC Preps open (which I know better than to have this window and an email or another writing window open at the same time) and inadvertently put it on here lol. So it's been a day of blunders. I'll get things straightened out, here, soon.

Your fine. Nuttin’ but love for ya. I’ve had one of those days too we’re my son plays with my phone and sent a GIF to a text tree of mine that’s part of my job and I get hollered at. He had my phone to keep himself calm and watch cocomelon and look at pics

Whew 10/14 just can’t come quick enough. That’s when you’ll get to see Lincolnton for the first time in history play EB in Icard. I’m sure there might have been times Lincolnton mighta played Hildebran, Valdese, George Hildebran, Drexel, etc all throughout the old old days 30s 40s 50s and 60s, early 70s but that don’t count lol.

BFR, I look forward to seeing the stadium, heard it’s really nice. I don’t know if I look forward to the game. Got a feeling the Cavaliers will be really tough. They were hard for us to beat,last year. Those guys don’t quit.

Just wondering if a few, half, or most…on these boards….are here because they simply enjoy reading?

I’d say most….because a great percentage of the prepsters…never speak…just read.

I…like you…get that double vision as well…after hours and hours of reading….it’s a great escape…but we’re gonna go blind if we keep it up. 😂

Ha ok let’s not get chased by some fans. Size of stadium, (in my Trump voice) it’s euggggghh’ The visitors side is larger than the home side. 3rd largest overall in state or 4th I dunno. Largest 2A stadium prob in country ha ha. They had the press box on the old visitors side, musta not thought it through in the 70s when the built the thing. So they make that the home side now since the press box is there, so the visitors sides larger. Talk about accommodations ha ha.

Bunker Hill will do what they’ve been doing…just keep winning.

I’ve had East Burke -Draughn circled for 2 years. You’re right BFR… this has to be the game of the week for me. I have a very close friend…like my brother…who officiated the last game between these two. It was a career ender for him after 25 years of calling ball. 😂😂😂…one of the funniest stories you could ever hear.😂😂
He had me in tears…if y’all recall…the game was stopped due to all the fighting that broke out between these two teams! Give ‘em hell! Burke County! I have family and a ton of friends at both schools and I know they’re waiting to see who I pick…that ain’t good.😂 I gotta go with East Burke by 1. This will be one heck of a game.

The funniest part of my brothers’ story is the last sentence…..
….”and then..they all cussed me when I left”.😂😂😂😂

I’ll give the nod to East Lincoln…. But I’m pulling for the Wolves with all I got…nothing would please me more than to see those Wolves win this game.

Grizz…I’m out this week…headed east…keep me posted on the games if you can. Who knows…I might just be posting one of those east side games.😉
I’m taking Maiden.

I’ll take Hickory… they look pretty good against South Caldwell… I saw some film on the game….and of course the scrimmage we had against them showed me they’re pretty good. Don’t count the Red Devils out though…they have a knack for beating Hickory…and I’ve never understood why. Just another frustrating trait about those boys from Rootin’ Tootin’ Newton. 😉

I’ve got West Caldwell winning a game…but not this one…I’ll take Hibriten. 😜

West Lincoln rolls!

Good luck! Fellers. Let’s go CVAC.

Last edited:
I like your picks BFR EB game is a toss-up for sure TO killed EB last week!! But we are into another week we need this win because Maiden is next before we get to Bandys and Newton Conover games!!
I’m right there with ya. I think everyone on post is in agreement. EB and Draughn….game of the week??

Keep in mind, posters and Lincolnton news paper and I’m sure other papers had EB finishing in the basement with West Caldwell this year. After the Freedom game, they picked wrong. A win by 2 scores against Draughn and they’ll have all the doubters regretting it. Might even have Bunker Hill alittle nervous.

Could be alot of running clocks
Bunker Hill wins easy this one will get ugly
Draughn gets by East Burke
East Lincoln is too strong for Lincolnton
Maiden pounds St Stephen's
Hickory could score 50 again hickory wins by a few scores
Hibriten squeezes by West Caldwell
West Lincoln all over Fred T Foard

Could be alot of running clocks
Bunker Hill wins easy this one will get ugly
Draughn gets by East Burke
East Lincoln is too strong for Lincolnton
Maiden pounds St Stephen's
Hickory could score 50 again hickory wins by a few scores
Hibriten squeezes by West Caldwell
West Lincoln all over Fred T Foard

yall keeep up with my picks I think I can inch up on the board .

I’m wondering, what is the deal with North Iredell. Got and had tons of cousins come out of that school, family ancestry there but I just don’t get it. A way down the line cousin of mine played for them 9, 10, and 11, transferred to Statesville and finished there just to experience some wins and get some college looks. Well he did, went on to play for Wake Forest then transferred to App He said they don’t take sports seriously there AT ALL and I can imagine he felt cheated being there.

Only one I’d have to be alittle skeptical and biased bout is EB game. Well if it’s a game of the week prospect among y’all let’s look at it- EB didn’t put as much on Patton as Draughn did. Ehh ok no big deal. However they kept Patton out the endzone. Also first game jitters give the Cavs benefit of the doubt. Score shoulda been only 21-0 against Patton but because they got backed up against the wall and done a fake punt(didn’t make much sense) it put EB I. Instant scoring position. EB also got battle tested. Draughn yet to be battle tested. TJC and Patton not battle test teams. Given Freedom is not that good despite last weeks score they are WAY better than Patton and TJC ha ha.

Key to EB victory- keep that defense in tact, learn from the costly errors of last week on Offense. and this could be a win. Draughn will be tough, very tough, maybe win. Not saying will or won’t but I’d lean toward a slight “wont”. EB does not have great speed up front on D line so scrambling QBs will give them fits this year but the LBS and DBs are pretty quick and stay with their men tight and fly to the ball so that’s an advantage til they play a team packed with track stars. Game will and can go either way folks. I’m telling ya

West Lincoln by 42 over Foard
North Lincoln by 2 over NW Cabarrus
Bunker Hill by 21 over North Iredell
Draughn by 6 over East Burke
Maiden by 35 over Saint
East Lincoln by 14 over Lincolnton
Hickory over Newton .
not sure who Bandys is playing this week.
If Lincolnton can hold it under two scores against Northwest Mecklenburg who are ranked #9 in NCpreps would bold well for later on heading into conference play. Most of the top #3A teams are in the East so the Mustangs could make a deep run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT