ADVERTISEMENT

Croatan @ West Craven tonight

Otis4411

Jan 30, 2003
Croatan had their game cancelled because of covid so we are able to play them tonight. Not much game planning could be done. I know they had a good year last year. We have a few players out that cause worry for me. Some of our best players. But we will see where we stand. Game starts at 7:30. I doubt it will be on NFHS since it's not scheduled.

otis441...my grandson now plays on the JV team as a 9th grader at Croatan (they just moved there in June)....suffered a concussion on tuesday practice...he plays RB and LB....5'8" 182 and can really run for a white boy.....lol..so he has missed the last few days and hasn't been cleared yet from the concussion protocol...makes sense that these 2 schools would play each other since they are not that far apart....think WC will take this one..hope to see you again in the not too distant future..................

otis441...my grandson now plays on the JV team as a 9th grader at Croatan (they just moved there in June)....suffered a concussion on tuesday practice...he plays RB and LB....5'8" 182 and can really run for a white boy.....lol..so he has missed the last few days and hasn't been cleared yet from the concussion protocol...makes sense that these 2 schools would play each other since they are not that far apart....think WC will take this one..hope to see you again in the not too distant future..................

I talked to one of the Croatan Coaches while ago. They lost quite a few from last year so they have positions to fill. I'm not sure what to expect tonight. I'm just glad to get to watch some football. I didn't get to watch a game last night. Only game around here was at New Bern. I really have no interest in them. Had I known NE was playing at home last night I would have gone there and seen dagoob. Went out with the wife to a new restaurant in Pamlico county to eat instead.

Croatan is a good school for your son. When we were 3a we were in conf together. My daughter played there several times in volleyball.

yeah they live directly across from the high school......... from my family's house you could throw a football twice and hit the school....good luck this season to your Eagles this season (hope we have one)...............

Reactions: UNC91
Croatan had their game cancelled because of covid so we are able to play them tonight. Not much game planning could be done. I know they had a good year last year. We have a few players out that cause worry for me. Some of our best players. But we will see where we stand. Game starts at 7:30. I doubt it will be on NFHS since it's not scheduled.
Hey greg, game is on nfhs!

Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
Hey greg, game is on nfhs!
Well I hate you saw that 4th qtr we had. Up 14-0 and lose 20-14. Our guys looked gassed in the 4th qtr. We missed practice with covid and our first game. I thought that really showed in the 4th qtr. They were pushing our line back and they couldn't do that in the first half. Croatan seemed to be in better game shape. They played Havelock last week. They played harder when it counted. I'm still thankful to them for playing us. Need the games!

surprised at this score....my grandson said that last week Croatan didn't very good against Havelock (no suprise there) losing 48-6.............
Well I think the week of practice we missed and then didn't get to play last week really told on us. Our guys were like a boxer that lost his legs in the 4th qtr. Croatan just kept coming. In fact I think they knew they had us on the ropes and it just seemed to inspire them. I think we will bounce back and be ok.

just watched your 2nd half play on your phone deal.....big play was when it was 14-8 WC and the Eagles broke a huge run to the C 12 yd. line but it was called back....then you had about a 15 yard punt that C into position to tie the game...and then WC didn't field the ensuing kickoff and C punched it in to win....load of errors right there in just a few minutes of play that cost y'all the game....................hope you bounce back next week...........

Well I hate you saw that 4th qtr we had. Up 14-0 and lose 20-14. Our guys looked gassed in the 4th qtr. We missed practice with covid and our first game. I thought that really showed in the 4th qtr. They were pushing our line back and they couldn't do that in the first half. Croatan seemed to be in better game shape. They played Havelock last week. They played harder when it counted. I'm still thankful to them for playing us. Need the games!
I didn't get the opportunity to see it all. But yal have size and some speed. Definitely some potential i think. Croatan not too shabby!

just watched your 2nd half play on your phone deal.....big play was when it was 14-8 WC and the Eagles broke a huge run to the C 12 yd. line but it was called back....then you had about a 15 yard punt that C into position to tie the game...and then WC didn't field the ensuing kickoff and C punched it in to win....load of errors right there in just a few minutes of play that cost y'all the game....................hope you bounce back next week...........
Yea. I thought the kid on the kickoff return looked like his feet was glued to the ground. He fell and tried to reach for it. They were just gassed. That week off really hurt. We led 14-0 going into the 4th qtr. I don't think I've ever seen us lose before leading by 2 scores in the 4th.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT