ADVERTISEMENT

West Craven @ East Duplin

TD Pass2

Nov 25, 2016
This game will probably be overshadowed by Clinton vs WRH, but this one could be in the running for 2A East "game of the week" as well.

Both teams coming off blowout wins.

Took away a few things from the highlights I've seen on West Craven. #1 Brown has some serious speed and #11 Lancaster had multiple scores last night.

East Duplin is currently in a bit of a rebuild after a championship run and losing quite a few key players to graduation. QB Zach Brown threw for 120 yards and 2 TDs last night. Not a bad stat line for, historically, a run dominant offense.

This game should give ED an idea of just how good they can be. West Craven returned a bunch after making a playoff run last year.

Give me the Panthers by 7 at home.

Freshman was probably the player of the game for ED last night. 4 carries 50 yards and a TD. Had an int. Returned a punt for about 40 yards. Shoe string tackle from taking it to the house. He's going to be fun to watch next few years.But I agree we will see what ED can become this week.

I thought we really looked pretty good last night. I'm not good at judging what I see in scrimmages and playing 1A Pamlico with a head coach that came from West Craven had all the makings of a trap game. 1st qtr was close but into the 2nd qtr we seemed to start playing with rhythm and confidence. We have some kids with talent. I'm not sure about the returning a bunch comment. I think we had 1 senior on offense last night. Left guard. Going into East Duplin will be fun regardless of the outcome. Defending State Champs, Legendary head coach, great football tradition in a county known for it, and great football atmosphere! It's what Friday night football is all about. It's going to be fun being a part of it for a week!

I thought we really looked pretty good last night. I'm not good at judging what I see in scrimmages and playing 1A Pamlico with a head coach that came from West Craven had all the makings of a trap game. 1st qtr was close but into the 2nd qtr we seemed to start playing with rhythm and confidence. We have some kids with talent. I'm not sure about the returning a bunch comment. I think we had 1 senior on offense last night. Left guard. Going into East Duplin will be fun regardless of the outcome. Defending State Champs, Legendary head coach, great football tradition in a county known for it, and great football atmosphere! It's what Friday night football is all about. It's going to be fun being a part of it for a week!
Maybe I was wrong in reading last year that WC would return quite a few in hopes of having another good season this year. Either way, should be a good game coming Friday. I'll be there for sure!

Ottis I can't be there as I said family thing but should be a good game. ED has potential but it would not surprise me if y'all win. Hope you enjoy your visit

Last edited:
II too had heard that West Craven was Senior heavy this season. Is that not the case Otis?

Freshman was probably the player of the game for ED last night. 4 carries 50 yards and a TD. Had an int. Returned a punt for about 40 yards. Shoe string tackle from taking it to the house. He's going to be fun to watch next few years.But I agree we will see what ED can become this week.
He did look very good. Shawn #39 had some good moments too and is huge for a sophomore. Could have an awesome duo back there the next few years.

Reactions: oldway55
He did look very good. Shawn #39 had some good moments too and is huge for a sophomore. Could have an awesome duo back there the next few years.
Any idea what time the gates open at ED Friday night? I saw where Clinton was opening gates at 5:15 and I know Clinton/Wrh is a whale of a game but I think West Craven will be one to keep an eye on.

East Duplin JV's with a solid win over our Eagles this evening 48-22. I don't know the kid's name ( post if you do) but # 70 offensive tackle for East Duplin was a man among boys. They ran behind him all evening. He will be worth keeping an eye out for next year on varsity.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Otis,

ED's varsity team will greatly benefit the next two years from underclassmen talent. 4 of the 5 TDs scored last week on Varsity were sophmores or freshman. ED is loaded with young talent right now. Future is bright!

Otis,

ED's varsity team will greatly benefit the next two years from underclassmen talent. 4 of the 5 TDs scored last week on Varsity were sophmores or freshman. ED is loaded with young talent right now. Future is bright!
We have a young team also. We'll find out tonight how tough they really are. It will be a good test with ED. I know they are going to be physical. Our kids are going to have to step up. Simmons has your Panthers favored by 11 last time I looked.

Reactions: oldway55
This should be a Really good game. Again thru Orange tinted glasses I favor West Craven. ED is more than capable.

Really wouldn't surprise me to see EDuplin and my dogs take their lumps tonight. It's a good time to play them, as opposed to sometime in Oct. Neither team looked real sharp last week. I still the the east representative goes thru Duplin Co this year, as usual.

Reactions: Friday Night1
14-7 ED at half. Thought we played pretty well especially on D after that first drive. Left points on the board though with a lost fumbled snap at the goal line and a wide open touchdown pass but receiver didn't look for the ball, oh well....

14-7 ED at half. Thought we played pretty well especially on D after that first drive. Left points on the board though with a lost fumbled snap at the goal line and a wide open touchdown pass but receiver didn't look for the ball, oh well....
It's been a good first half. I'm pleased with our play. We've both made some mistakes. Both playing well. I'm doing play by play on Facebook for some friends and family. Been too busy to post any here

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'm on the side line maybe the only one in a blue eagles shirt. Brown wide brim hat. You should stop by afterwards.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Cute sign that WC held up before the game. We see how that worked out.

Overall, I was impressed with the performance from East Duplin. Especially on defense. Coaches made adjustments after the first drive and had their QB running for his life. If we clean up the fumbles on offense, the Panthers will be fine this year. Without the fumbles, I’m not sure this game would have been close.

West Craven has some great athletes all over the field. I mentioned #11 earlier in the thread, and he did not fail to impress. #6 (QB) took a beating tonight, but he seemed as tough as they come. Accurate passes and quick on his feet as well.

Hats off to both teams on a well played game.

West Craven has a good squad and #1, #11, and the Quarterback are all quick as lightening, come playoff time and a few adjustments this team could be a real threat ED's defense really stepped up tonight but WC has nothing to hang their head over. Great game tonight. Wish I knew you were there Otis, myself and another poster would have loved to meet you. Good luck on your season

Forgot to add that I thought it was brilliant on the coaching staff to get this game scheduled with WC. We don’t see a well ran shotgun based offense like tonight’s very often unless it’s in the playoffs. Good experience for this young team.
We were really glad when ED did agree to play us. I'd love to continue it. I knew it would be physical. Our guys have to learn to be disciplined and physical just like that. It's how you get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT