ADVERTISEMENT

Who would be a sleeper team in the East?

WRH. As crazy as that sounds. Sure if WRH is the opponent, no one is sleeping on them BUT they likely won’t be a top 10 seed, so they’ll be road warriors throughout the playoffs. They possibly had the hardest 3 games to start the season as anybody and after the Clinton loss they could’ve been done, it was bad. However, the dogs have rallied, they have tremendous backs and coaching, and all I know is 10 seed of 20th I wouldn’t want to see them on my side of the bracket.

Still have a great shot at conference title for my Dogs, all of our losses are non conference so we can still get at least one home playoff game, if the dont win conference then probably no home games.

I think JK could be a sleeper. I think they will upset someone before the season is over. I think they just had a bad game against Whiteville. Everybody has a bad game sooner or later.
I think so too! We are a different team since the Whiteville game. We moved some guys around and it showed against Ed. And we played them well with some guys missing. We're getting healthy and hopefully we'll stay that way heading into the Wallace game.

I think so too! We are a different team since the Whiteville game. We moved some guys around and it showed against Ed. And we played them well with some guys missing. We're getting healthy and hopefully we'll stay that way heading into the Wallace game.
Tigerpride we have always gotten along fine on this board and I'm not trying to start anything, just simply going to make a statement. This weekend will give everyone a better look at the improvement that JK has supposedly made. If Kinston keeps it close or even beats JK then I won't think they've improved. As for JK beating themselves ( I wasn't there and can't comment ) however, ED hung 66 on Kinston so we'll wait to see your results tomorrow night

Tigerpride we have always gotten along fine on this board and I'm not trying to start anything, just simply going to make a statement. This weekend will give everyone a better look at the improvement that JK has supposedly made. If Kinston keeps it close or even beats JK then I won't think they've improved. As for JK beating themselves ( I wasn't there and can't comment ) however, ED hung 66 on Kinston so we'll wait to see your results tomorrow night
Different styles make fights. I doubt if we score 66 on Kinston at their homecoming. I pretty sure that Kinston coaches have them believing that this is a game that they can win. We have made some changes upfront, backfield, and on defense. We were more aggressive on defense and that was a big improvement to me.

Reactions: Swo1980
Different styles make fights. I doubt if we score 66 on Kinston at their homecoming. I pretty sure that Kinston coaches have them believing that this is a game that they can win. We have made some changes upfront, backfield, and on defense. We were more aggressive on defense and that was a big improvement to me.
Well I hope JK has improved and I'm pulling for them over Kinston, hope they don't let us down.

SouthWest doesn't have to defense to make a deep run. Unless the other team commits some turnovers, I think 2 ND round is our ceiling right now. Does anybody know if West Craven is under investigation for playing players with too many absences or grade changing like New Bern? Just reading here makes it look like a county wide thing.

SouthWest doesn't have to defense to make a deep run. Unless the other team commits some turnovers, I think 2 ND round is our ceiling right now. Does anybody know if West Craven is under investigation for playing players with too many absences or grade changing like New Bern? Just reading here makes it look like a county wide thing.
I liked the two "If the playoffs started today" brackets that have been out so far. In those, I saw SWE with favorable matchups at home. In both, I had SWE running into Clinton in rd 3, where the ride ends with a thud. I've felt lately that we would finish 7-3, second in the conference to West Craven, but the more I look at WC, the more I think we may be able to grab that one, for an 8-2 record and first in the conference. I would certainly love our chances to make it to rd 3 then. But as long as Clinton, Northeastern, and East Duplin are out there, we aren't going any further.
Yes, our defense is terrible. It's not even the scheme. We just can't tackle. Two yard runs turn into 8 yard run, with all of it being after contact.

I’m not trying to be negative but I don’t think there’s a sleeper. It’s between 4 teams in the East with *️⃣ being the favorite
Ok. Can someone please explain to me why Clinton is the favorite, and not the team that has a longer winning streak, is the current champion, and are also undefeated, even with a tougher SOS? I feel like I'm missing something.

Ok. Can someone please explain to me why Clinton is the favorite, and not the team that has a longer winning streak, is the current champion, and are also undefeated, even with a tougher SOS? I feel like I'm missing something.
They fit the eye test in every way

Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT