ADVERTISEMENT

Crest vs Monroe Rd. 1

Justafan56

Aug 17, 2013
The football gods have finally shined down upon the Crest Chargers. They have delivered us an automatic first round Win. The streak continues.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Yea a couple years ago we started an "Asheville Erwin round 1" thread and we didn't even end up playing them

Reactions: beamer24
Disagree. Year after year we have seen Freedom excel in their area but get taken to the woodshed once they leave the Burke County area. If the brackets stay the same Crest advances to round 2 for the 24th year in a row.

Disagree. Year after year we have seen Freedom excel in their area but get taken to the woodshed once they leave the Burke County area. If the brackets stay the same Crest advances to round 2 for the 24th year in a row.
Dude if L Zander’s don’t play all Freedom gotta do is keep launching it deep and we in trouble just like second half last nite.

Oh well. Let’s go Chargers. Looks like Monroe is way down this year. Let’s hope Coach Eddins can keep the streak going.

If Crest loses to a 5-6 Monroe team there will be rioting and burnings in effigy. Mass transfers to Pinnacle Academy and Thomas Jefferson. Property values will plummet in the Boiling Springs area. Unemployment will rise dramatically as companies leave Cleveland County ashamed to have their names associated with Crest football. JK. But honestly, a loss to Monroe will bring out the ugly side of Charger Nation.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
I don’t think we will but it would not surprise me if we where to lose. We have problems being consistent on offense. The defense has so many injuries that we tend to give up the big plays.

I saw some pretty nasty things on FB about the new coaching group. It kinda surprised me cause everyone on here seems to like the new guys. Maybe it was just "those fans"

Reactions: notashelbyfan
I saw some pretty nasty things on FB about the new coaching group. It kinda surprised me cause everyone on here seems to like the new guys. Maybe it was just "those fans"

Always gonna be upset dads and fans after a tough loss. They’ll get over it.

Reactions: beamer24
Just checked out Monroe. I can live with them too. They only avg around 70-80 ypg passing.

Then again this could be a get right game for their passng game the way we looked Friday night.

To many DB's paying to much attention to what is going on in the backfield!

But on the other hand lots of Chargers wearing jerseys and no pads cheerleading!

I was able to review a game film that Monroe played lately. They do throw more than I thought? But QB is not as accurate as last week.

Crest defensive backs better be coached up this week. You can bet Monroe studied the KM film closely. Monroe QB is mobile causing the dbs to cover longer. The Crest front 7 will have to pressure the QB while keeping a good eye on the Monroe RB. Crest offense needs to sustain some drives giving D time to rest. Crest will probably win, but it might be a nail biter.

I believe in our coaches, our defense, kicking game and especially our offense. We have battled injuries to 4, 82, 16, 45, 75, 54, 76, 77,30, 3and I might have missed a couple. Our QB play has impressed me, has talent and plays hard--not afraid to get hit. Our O line is physical and the backs run well. I don't know how healthy we are this week---but I trust in our coaches abilities to scheme out a close win and move on to the next round. Go Chargers.

I believe in our coaches, our defense, kicking game and especially our offense. We have battled injuries to 4, 82, 16, 45, 75, 54, 76, 77,30, 3and I might have missed a couple. Our QB play has impressed me, has talent and plays hard--not afraid to get hit. Our O line is physical and the backs run well. I don't know how healthy we are this week---but I trust in our coaches abilities to scheme out a close win and move on to the next round. Go Chargers.

Just think of how good we can be on offense when he gets a quarterback that can truly run his read-option!

Peyton is doing a good job running it but he's still not the style quarterback that you have to have to run it like it needs to be ran and that's not the coaches fault sometimes you just have to do the best you can with what you have the future is bright the next few years are going to be fun.

With Coach E having a full season all most under his belt he will Coach to Peyton’s strength next season and Peyton has did a great job of doing everything he has been asked to do!

Not to throw a monkey wrench into this discussion, but, I heard yesterday that Monroe has a 4 star WR who is coming off of an injury who hasn't played in a while. Tall and fast.

Hope the Chargers will get some of their injured players back tonite

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT