ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Jay M Robinson Rd 2

Big South represented and showed out strong. SC especially. Unfortunately, they will be destroyed by Catholic.

Either JM Robinson overlooked tuscola, or they've never seen the triple option...tuscola exposed something. Crest can get this upset, and get a shot at redemption against Kings Mountain.

Crest rolls JM Robinson in this one.Looked really bad at CC Jamboree.
Doubt that ,we really struggle with teams when they go 4/5 wide. We might be able to run on JM but can we stop there passing game. JM is not they team from the Jamboree

Reactions: seadog28
Crest MUST have some type of secondary...we can't lecture that enough...last time these two teams met was in the first round I think in 2006...Crest took the win obviously.

Hate to burst the Chargers bubble but Robinson will devastate their defense. They throw the ball all over the field and have kids that can flat out fly. Could be a shootout but no way the Crest defensive backs can cover those guys.

Hate to burst the Chargers bubble but Robinson will devastate their defense. They throw the ball all over the field and have kids that can flat out fly. Could be a shootout but no way the Crest defensive backs can cover those guys.

What bubble...crest is the underdog

Robinson, according to max preps, 113 passing yards per game.

240 yards rushing per game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crestuff
It was nice to see L.Bowen back on the O Line last nite after everyone thought his season was over.

Reactions: seadog28
Big South represented and showed out strong. SC especially. Unfortunately, they will be destroyed by Catholic.

Either JM Robinson overlooked tuscola, or they've never seen the triple option...tuscola exposed something. Crest can get this upset, and get a shot at redemption against Kings Mountain.

91, the triple option has fooled Crest more times than the average IQ in Cleveland County.

Based on a scrimmage in August? LOL dude if you bought that then you should've picked CC to finish 4th in their conference. JM Robinson is way better than you think
I see where Hibriten wore them out too.Crest is getting healthy and just think they will have to much for them.I was just kidding with the jamboree reference.

I see where Hibriten wore them out too.Crest is getting healthy and just think they will have to much for them.I was just kidding with the jamboree reference.
You do know they had just kicked a starting CB off their team and 4 of the 5 starting OLman vs Hibriten no longer even play OL. Totally different team. Even drawing from week 1 is a joke, teams get healthy/hurt.

I'm sure there a different team from the beginning of the year. Only losses are to Hibriten and Hickory Ridge.

I knew you were jk SHS, but ever since that jamboree, JM wants some CC arse. They were embarrassed and Crest will get the pay back. They'd rather it be the Lions!

Reactions: Raider7967
I knew you were jk SHS, but ever since that jamboree, JM wants some CC arse. They were embarrassed and Crest will get the pay back. They'd rather it be the Lions!
I will not lie to you SD.I wish we were playing JM this week.

Reactions: sasha_nc
Ill actually back Shelby Lion here...yes it was just a Jamboree, but nothing they showed me really impressed me as far as talent goes. It has been a while but I think I remember one kid that could flat out fly...so, JM guys, its your chance to enlighten us about your team. Where are they best at an who else are the weapons...and is there a defense?

The good news is, its not shelby they are playing, its Crest and Crest seems to be hit or miss.

Ill actually back Shelby Lion here...yes it was just a Jamboree, but nothing they showed me really impressed me as far as talent goes. It has been a while but I think I remember one kid that could flat out fly...so, JM guys, its your chance to enlighten us about your team. Where are they best at an who else are the weapons...and is there a defense?

The good news is, its not shelby they are playing, its Crest and Crest seems to be hit or miss.
Usually we hit on the road and miss at home!

Robinson, according to max preps, 113 passing yards per game.

240 yards rushing per game.
I dont remember an especially lethal passing game Friday night at least, against Tuscola, but I do remember a potent rushing game, and they can run kickoffs back very well. No doubt their offense is way better than their defense. I am certain Crest will score their share, but would do well to kick the ball in the bleachers or squib/onside kick every time. That part of the game really hurt THS. Also I am going to assume Crest will be going down there with a full VARSITY squad. Something else THS didnt have. Hard to get a grip on how good JMR is, given the situation Friday night.

The Chargers are a more focused team on the road this season!

Unless they seen the triple option in thier non conference games they have not seen it nobody in the spc runs the triple option.

Depends on the situation. Davis can kick it deep or can hit the high pop up. Monroe wasn't sure which was coming.

I have a question that you should know as far as the inside info, but why ever do a short pop up kick?

The kicker has proven he can kick it in the endzone 9 out of 10 times so why would you ever do anything but that since it gives the team you are kicking to the worst possible field position with zero risk of a missed tackle and a long return for a TD or great field position!

It is a weapon to take 1/3 of the games 3 aspects and completely not allow them to use It!

Just wondering! I'm sure there is a thought process but just curious of the strategy.

I have a question that you should know as far as the inside info, but why ever do a short pop up kick?

The kicker has proven he can kick it in the endzone 9 out of 10 times so why would you ever do anything but that since it gives the team you are kicking to the worst possible field position with zero risk of a missed tackle and a long return for a TD or great field position!

It is a weapon to take 1/3 of the games 3 aspects and completely not allow them to use It!

Just wondering! I'm sure there is a thought process but just curious of the strategy.
all it takes is that one time to determine the game

Reactions: notashelbyfan
We can't forget too that Davis was dealing with some injuries I believe early in the season. I have heard Coach talk about wanting to keep the football out of the other teams best player hands as much as possible. It seems like now, that a healthy Davis is kicking deep more times than not.

Reactions: notashelbyfan
Love the way we are playing. I think we are hungry and playing quality football across the board. Our secondary has tackled well and our offense has been scoring 30 points per. I think our front 7 is strong and love our kicking game. Our QB, RB, OL and WR play is awesome. Every one agrees we are well coached. Go mighty Chargers.

Love the way we are playing. I think we are hungry and playing quality football across the board. Our secondary has tackled well and our offense has been scoring 30 points per. I think our front 7 is strong and love our kicking game. Our QB, RB, OL and WR play is awesome. Every one agrees we are well coached. Go mighty Chargers.
Your on the cusp of a 5 loss season? Is this the new standard in Chargernation?

I know Jay Robinson and hes a cool guy and a great athlete but to take on an entire team by himself is a tall order ....Maybe Jordan comes out of retirement and throws him a few balls...The Robinson brothers in a close one. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT