ADVERTISEMENT

Crest @ Concord

I'll slow it down for the Belmont crowd. Even someone like raidertime, with his 3 functional brain cells, is able to add something. Yeah he is a failure at life and never moved out of his folks trailer but he contributes to the board. Chopper on the other hand not so much.

CCO2, somehow my 3 functional brain cells are able to articulate my thoughts in a meaningful way. So I assume your babblings would indicate that you operate on 1 dysfunctional cell. Someday you should leave Cleveland County for one day and you would find that there are actually people who do not live in trailers. Most of us in Belmont live in real houses made of lumber and bricks. It is amazing.

CCO2, somehow my 3 functional brain cells are able to articulate my thoughts in a meaningful way. So I assume your babblings would indicate that you operate on 1 dysfunctional cell. Someday you should leave Cleveland County for one day and you would find that there are actually people who do not live in trailers. Most of us in Belmont live in real houses made of lumber and bricks. It is amazing.

And one day I hope you can join that group. I really do.

This is the type of game that will test the young Crest head coach. Think he needs to talk with the defensive coordinator and make some kind of adjustments. I am aware this seasons Crest defense is nowhere as good as last season but allowing 33, 21 and 44 points in 3 of last 4 games is not something the Crest community is used to seeing. Too much talent on that side of the ball to be allowing those kind of points.

This is the type of game that will test the young Crest head coach. Think he needs to talk with the defensive coordinator and make some kind of adjustments. I am aware this seasons Crest defense is nowhere as good as last season but allowing 33, 21 and 44 points in 3 of last 4 games is not something the Crest community is used to seeing. Too much talent on that side of the ball to be allowing those kind of points.
I would have to say due to the injury's on defensive side of the ball is why your seeing this, Hopefully this week we will have a return of the missing parts on defense.But who knows I'm not a doctor either so we just line up with what we have and still smash that face and might not be pretty but at the end of the night a win is a big fat W.

Foster holds down one side of the Defense and Willis the other side. I think pops should let his boy scheme up the defensive plan 100% for this game.

I have to agree with BigCountry. As of last Tuesday there were 5 defensive players that could miss the Weddington game due to injury. Looks like all but 2 of them played dinged up. Hope to have Foster back this week. He does add pressure on QB at key times. Glad we got out of the Weddington game with a W. Tough team to beat, healthy or not.

Hope Foster is back. His lateral movement adds such an impact. He contains the outside well. Just too fast of a pursuit with him in for teams to bounce it outside.

Foster is strong too. Ive seen him get tired of being held before and just pick up the left tackle and throw him onto the qb lol

Thanks 9496, Glad to hear Foster is ready to go. Looking forward to Fridays game. Has the NCHSAA made a decision to move the game to a safer field?

Thanks 9496, Glad to hear Foster is ready to go. Looking forward to Fridays game. Has the NCHSAA made a decision to move the game to a safer field?
We are playing @ the big mud hole so let's line up and see...smash mouth style...old school. ..

There's nothing unsafe about playing on a wet or muddy field. You keep justifying a move with that BS talk. Mud is nice and soft to fall into. Less painful than turf. Sounds like IAmACrestFan is building an excuse thread to return to after Friday night. Seen any Concord fan or player whining about mud on any sight?

There's nothing unsafe about playing on a wet or muddy field. You keep justifying a move with that BS talk. Mud is nice and soft to fall into. Less painful than turf. Sounds like IAmACrestFan is building an excuse thread to return to after Friday night. Seen any Concord fan or player whining about mud on any sight?
Where is your team playing GDG? Is there a thread we can go to that we can give unsolicited testimonials about. You have an awful lot to say, but it's only directed at Crest for the most part. Our coach has said nothing about the mud, nor have our players, just fans on a message board that do not particularly want to see our team playing in a freaking cesspool.

If we lose we'll say congrats, we always have. I know, that you know, that's not likely to happen. You are just hoping it does. It must be nice for your team to be constantly missing from the playoff's late rounds. It gives you the opportunity to run around spread your vast knowledge on everyone else. Thanks!

Where is your team playing GDG? Is there a thread we can go to that we can give unsolicited testimonials about. You have an awful lot to say, but it's only directed at Crest for the most part. Our coach has said nothing about the mud, nor have our players, just fans on a message board that do not particularly want to see our team playing in a freaking cesspool.

If we lose we'll say congrats, we always have. I know, that you know, that's not likely to happen. You are just hoping it does. It must be nice for your team to be constantly missing from the playoff's late rounds. It gives you the opportunity to run around spread your vast knowledge on everyone else. Thanks!
My team is vast. Last week it was East Lincoln. Week before last it was South Point. Week before that it was Maiden. Haven't decided what team gets on the bandwagon this week. Your coloring book must be full this morning. Don't gum the crayons Rulz.

My team is vast. Last week it was East Lincoln. Week before last it was South Point. Week before that it was Maiden. Haven't decided what team gets on the bandwagon this week. Your coloring book must be full this morning. Don't gum the crayons Rulz.
LOL!!!!!

Football is an outdoor sport gentlemen. Maybe we should just put them
indoors on turf and use flags instead of pads..... Glad the players aren't
as soft as the old wore out posters on Rivals.

It's the principal. The field is garbage and has been for along time. Outside of turf no one's field is in great shape this time of year but every school between boiling springs and concord has a better field than the one theyll play on. The good thing is the western finals were held last week so rain sleet snow hail mud won't have much effect on the outcome.

I like what Crest did on punting situations against Shelby using the field goal kick. That's only the second time I have ever seen a team do it. Perfect strategy if angled out of bounds.

Justification for not playing Saturday???

Everything is a go for tomorrow night. Bass Pro Shop finished their fishing expo late this afternoon in the stadium and it is looking superb.

Reactions: sasha_nc
I can't be there next week.....gotta bowling match. You guys pull em thru....can't take it:eek:
You mean you'd go bowling and miss a FOOTBALL GAME. You don't sound to much like a Crest fan to be doing that and them playing in the 4th round . Fans means a lot to a ball team and I know they would like all they could to be there. I cannot because I'll be at the KM and SP game cause I'm a KM fan and I'll be pulling for them . But I sure would miss anything to be at the games on Friday nights .

Just wanted to wish everyone travelling from Cleveland County (or wherever) safe travels to the game. Let's have a good, clean and classy time. Be careful of the traffic on north side of town when you get off interstate as it will be ugly. Gates open at 5:30pm. Be sure to bring a cushion or seats as Bailey has concrete step bleachers on the visitor side like Asheville etc.

Also, if you need to use restroom might want to do so before game else you will have to come to home side. I wouldn't use visitor side restrooms or whatever they pass as lol.

We are doing a small meet up at Mr. Cs at 5:00 pm. Come if you'd like to break bread before the big game. It's right off the interstate once you merge onto 29. Stay right at the fork, restaurant is on left behind 5/3 bank immediately on left if you come from Charlotte direction.

Wish all involved (fans, staff, the kids) all a fun and safe game and the traveling to and back home. Good luck.

You mean you'd go bowling and miss a FOOTBALL GAME. You don't sound to much like a Crest fan to be doing that and them playing in the 4th round . Fans means a lot to a ball team and I know they would like all they could to be there. I cannot because I'll be at the KM and SP game cause I'm a KM fan and I'll be pulling for them . But I sure would miss anything to be at the games on Friday nights .

Beamon, don't like 9496 pull your leg too hard. The man has missed something like 2 games in 40 years so I don't think he is going bowling over a Crest game now!!! He will be there, I would bet my pay check on it!

Foster's back. He is that big of a difference. Instead of Crest in a squeaker I have Crest by 10.

Great game Chargers! One more game to stay focused on. We owe Southern Durham big time. On to Chapel Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT