ADVERTISEMENT

Pisgah

loveithere

Oct 30, 2020
Any word on this one headed into the new year? Figured they would have a man in place ready to roll.

In before the lock!!!!

200w.gif

So it has became a comedy show, so sad for such a proud and historic program.
Pisgah has put themselves in quite the predicament, honestly. There's a lot of folks that are still upset that they let Chappell go. He was good enough for the Shrine Bowl, but not good enough for Pisgah even after all he's achieved and all the adversity he's helped those young men persevere through? They've split their fanbase with this decision and it's a damned if you, damned if you don't scenario as I'm not sure the new guy gets a fair shake by the Chappell loyalists. Going to be some interesting times ahead for the Pigeon River crew.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Pisgah has put themselves in quite the predicament, honestly. There's a lot of folks that are still upset that they let Chappell go. He was good enough for the Shrine Bowl, but not good enough for Pisgah even after all he's achieved and all the adversity he's helped those young men persevere through? They've split their fanbase with this decision and it's a damned if you, damned if you don't scenario as I'm not sure the new guy gets a fair shake by the Chappell loyalists. Going to be some interesting times ahead for the Pigeon River crew.
What’s done is done. It’s time to go forward, whatever that means. Do you really think Pisgah fans will stop going to the games because of the coaching change, or stop donating to the Booster club, etc.? If so, they are not Pisgah fans. I for one, will support the new coach and the STUDENT-ATHLETES any way I can.

Last edited:
What’s done is done. It’s time to go forward, whatever that means. Do you really think Pisgah fans will stop going to the games because of the coaching change, or stop donating to the Booster club, etc.? If so, they are not Pisgah fans. I for one, will support the new coach and the STUDENT-ATHLETES any way I can.
I never said as much. What I said was I don't know how much of a fair shake the new guy will receive. He's inheriting a great program from Chappell who had a lot of success at Pisgah. How much leash does he get if he wins less or = to Brett? What if he loses to Tuscola again? This isn't a situation where you fired a substandard coach. You fired what many consider to be one of if not the best active head coach in WNC and has done so for the last 2+ decades. This isn't something everyone was unified on.

You can do whatever. But I won't forget unless someone comes up with a reason .If they don't then they should be more job openings at Pisgah.

Do you really think Pisgah fans will stop going to the games because of the coaching change, or stop donating to the Booster club, etc.?
Uh, yes it is a possibility that donations could decrease. If you think that the money will always flow to the booster club you might be wrong. If you make the wrong hire it could occur. Also, the fact that a lot of former mill workers are making $25K or less than what they previously were will also make a difference. Heard you have hired your coach; guess we will find out if that is the case Monday night.

Hell . Y’all would run him off too…
So what’s the word on this dumpster fire?
😁

So with that mill closing is that going to turn this school into a ghost town ??
It shouldn’t. Definitely will change but folks will still work in the county, as well as Buncombe and Henderson counties. Also folk’s moving to work in those counties will look to the area to live.

Ok. Serious question… Will new coach use a Uhaul or Penske to move in? But more importantly what will he use when moved out? A rail? 🤡

The beginning of the end. Took them over 2 months to hire the guy who was fired 6 years ago, a shame for our kids and the community.
Understand they had over forty applications including several with winning records here in WNC ,Tennessee and Georgia.Think they knew before they fired Brett who it would be. So now they have their guy .Have nothing against Ricky but he has some big shoes to fill and he had better watch his back.

I hope the best for Ricky and know that Ricky hopes the best for the boys/ program.

At this point in any decision like this, IMO, you support the group and move forward. You don’t wish for failure to prove you or me right because that only continues to hurt boys, families, communities and makes things worse.

I do not think we handled Brett with the respect he deserved not as much in that he was let go but completely in HOW we let him go and have said that. I also felt the best decision may be a non-alumni but that wasn’t really a shot at any alums more the thought a proven outsider may do better in this tight knit town. This also was thought in some concern for the pressure that would be on any alumni/ Ricky good and bad. It does me no good to hope Ricky fails, the AD fails, the program fails, to make that situation look better because regardless it will not change the situation with Coach Chappell.

As for me, it’s all hands on deck to support this man or anyone that was hired at this point. Also, I truly hope Chappell finds a very good position for himself and his family as well. He made mistakes but he deserved better than we offered in the end. Ricky also still has the ear of Kiefer and that’s a good one to converse with for advice.

Best of luck Coach Brindley, I’m rooting for you.

The School Board vote was 5-3 .Not a good way to start.
All three "nays" were from Tuscola Board members so who knows if they were logical reasons or not. I'm not accusing them in particular but I will say there are times on both sides that the County Clash sports rivalry mentality has dipped over into other decisions over the years, and elected/ hired/ appointed officials have forgotten that they are not teenagers playing but instead adults that should make the right/ best decision regardless of what school it affects. We've struggled there as a county sometimes, Mounties and Bears alike.

The beginning of the end. Took them over 2 months to hire the guy who was fired 6 years ago, a shame for our kids and the community.
He wasn't fired probably should get your facts straight!! He left Pisgah as the Offensive Coordinator to become a head coach, what all coaches dream of. Its unfortunate it took 2 months to hire but wasn't because of PHS staff all because of politics and the stirring done behind the scenes of one.

• Haha
Reactions: blackbearsfaithful

He wasn't fired probably should get your facts straight!! He left Pisgah as the Offensive Coordinator to become a head coach, what all coaches dream of. It’s unfortunate it took 2 months to hire but wasn't because of PHS staff all because of politics and the stirring done behind the scenes of one.
My facts are straight. He was fired. Keep drinking the kool aid buddy.

Just looking from the outside in, it seems this hire is a step sideways as opposed to a forward. No disrespect to the new hire, I’m sure he’s a great guy, I’m strictly speaking from a football perspective.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT