ADVERTISEMENT

What's happening at ND?

The administration doesn't care anymore. That much is clear. ND has been going downhill for a while now (not just football), it just became obvious when the bottom fell out the last two years. This is underwhelming and frankly insulting. I assume it was made to keep the coaching staff intact. What a joke...

Two ways to look at it: ND didn't try to look outside, or they did and nobody wanted it. Either way is alarming.

Sources inside ND said it was the hire, Honeycutt, guy who got hired at Southern Guilford an another candidate

Alarming is admin and ad who seem bat crack crazy keep people cursing at kids daily and other choice language and people with infidelities but do not keep or bring people with strong values and morals

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
The administration doesn't care anymore. That much is clear. ND has been going downhill for a while now (not just football), it just became obvious when the bottom fell out the last two years. This is underwhelming and frankly insulting. I assume it was made to keep the coaching staff intact. What a joke...

Two ways to look at it: ND didn't try to look outside, or they did and nobody wanted it. Either way is alarming.
I can't imagine trying to keep that coaching staff together. I wonder if it's a result of friends in high places, or being that out of touch.

I still wonder if they went for a good hire, but couldn't get one with Flynn still in the school. Oh well, I won't be expecting much out of them. Maybe they will surprise me.

Wowsers. Keeping a lot of the previous regime together still. Some need to look at, that man or (woman) in the mirror as the good ole michael jackson song sings

I heard alot of kids are going to Oak Grove from all schools in county...Is that true?

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Best wishes to the new guy, but if you wanted to make a clean break and change the environment from all the residue that was around the last few years, I doubt this is how you do it. I have read good stuff on here about the SD coach and he had been at ND when things were going better. Someone will be calling him soon enough and it probably will be a better situation. Thomas Wolfe said it first....you can't go home again.... Sometimes, it is better than getting the call to come home.

Some are about to wipe hands clean of Welcome and change allegiances. Will the open enrollment the school system put in place for one place make some of good ole boy network causse some folk to send little johnnies to denton SD to play ball?

Reactions: nwguilford007
Some are about to wipe hands clean of Welcome and change allegiances. Will the open enrollment the school system put in place for one place make some of good ole boy network causse some folk to send little johnnies to denton SD to play ball?
What open enrollment are you speaking of? And what's the one place?

I know Phil Rapp was tasked with increasing enrollment at South Davidson, but is that program still in place? I know Davidson County cracked down on students staying at their home school a couple years ago. Granted, there are the exceptions for faculty kids.
Regardless, I can’t see many kids making the daily commute from Welcome to this side of Denton. Even if their football program continues to improve.

If SD has open enrollment I would figure they would get kids from Randolph or Montgomery more than Davidson by logistics

Open enrollment is within the same county , I think. Not sure, but never heard of county taxes funding students from another tax base.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
I know Phil Rapp was tasked with increasing enrollment at South Davidson, but is that program still in place? I know Davidson County cracked down on students staying at their home school a couple years ago. Granted, there are the exceptions for faculty kids.
Regardless, I can’t see many kids making the daily commute from Welcome to this side of Denton. Even if their football program continues to improve.
wasnt there some questions about a east Davidson baseball player this past year?

How the mighty has fallen

ND has always been a good program so kinda crazy to be reading all of this but Hopefully things get back on Track n I seen ND basketball this year n they are pretty good so that’s a plus

Should have hired ND alum Honeycutt from SD. It was time for new blood at ND and Honeycutt would have worked his butt off and built excitement. Poor leadership from AD and the administration at ND.
Saw on Fox8 that Honeycutt was just named head coach at Walkertown.

Reactions: BlueStar12
Over in Welcome, apathy has set in. Teams playing Saint Marys school of blind. AD coaching at private school in High Point. Out of touch Principal. It is bad.

I heard alot of kids are going to Oak Grove from all schools in county...Is that true?
People like to talk. Problem is there is no way to "just go to Oak Grove" they have to live in district of OG or have parent/guardian working at OG with permission to attend. This is one rule I know personally from my son and one that the administration sticks to and checks at the school.

Reactions: PrepFanNC
Not 100% correct. I personally know two kids that live in Forsyth County with no ties to the school that play for OG. This happens all the time. Can't fault the kids for better situations.

Reactions: SCRballer
Not 100% correct. I personally know two kids that live in Forsyth County with no ties to the school that play for OG. This happens all the time. Can't fault the kids for better situations.
I have heard that too but could not confirm. My son has graduated. I just know that when my son moved to OG I was questioned about the move prior to doing so and had to have all boxes checked prior to moving him. It was made more difficult than necessary by the school we were leavings AD. We had verbal agreements from both schools that the move was legit but there was 1 piece of paper missing and Coach Holcolmb said he could not participate until the school had that in hand.

Reactions: omega385
Why did Mark Holcomb leave ND to go to OG? I never understood that. He had a well oiled and successful machine at ND that always made the post season with great fan support. Why give that up to start a program from the ground up at OG? And why the heck go to Bishop after OG? A school with pretty much no football tradition and probably lousy facilities compared to ND and OG.

Only Coach can say 100% but basically left ND to do something he hasn’t and wouldn’t have the chance to do again. Start a program. He did a GREAT job at it. From OG to Bishop. He’s smart!! Retired from Davidson county then went to private school where who knows what he’s making to collect more $ for permanent retirement. To a program that was struggling. He took them to what I believe was there first time in the playoffs and won there as well. He’s a coach it’s what he loves. He loved the kids every place he went. BEST coach my son had the privilege of playing for since his peewee coach.

Why did Mark Holcomb leave ND to go to OG? I never understood that. He had a well oiled and successful machine at ND that always made the post season with great fan support. Why give that up to start a program from the ground up at OG? And why the heck go to Bishop after OG? A school with pretty much no football tradition and probably lousy facilities compared to ND and OG.
He wanted to build a program; had the opportunity earlier in his career and passed on it. As for the Bishop move - it was a family situation - it allowed both he and his wife to retire from the school system since he can draw retirement and get paid to coach/teach at Bishop without impacting his retirement $.

It used to be very hard for a student to go to Davidson Co that lives in Forsyth Co.
The latest rule is you can only attend a Davidson Co school out of district if you have a parent that teaches in the county.
I no longer live in the area but have family that teach and have children there.
However, like everything I’m sure there are loopholes.

It used to be very hard for a student to go to Davidson Co that lives in Forsyth Co.
The latest rule is you can only attend a Davidson Co school out of district if you have a parent that teaches in the county.
I no longer live in the area but have family that teach and have children there.
However, like everything I’m sure there are loopholes.
That’s not a new rule. That’s been the rule for decades. The thing that changed about the rule most recently, is that it was clarified that an employee who resides out of Davidson County’s district can only enroll their kid into the feeder patter in which they teach. So, if a teacher comes across from Randolph to teach at South, they can send their kid to Silver Valley, Denton or SDMHS. They can’t sent them to schools in any other feeder pattern. They still must go through the process of having their home school district release them via the appropriate paperwork. That’s just a formality, but it still must be done. Lexington and Thomasville district residents who work for DCS must do the same thing.
A county employee who lives in the DCS area, but lives in another high school’s feeder pattern doesn’t have to jump through quite as many hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT