ADVERTISEMENT

CPC Predictions

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
I believe a lot of CPC teams lost some great players from last year... to me it's a toss up between 4 schools.
1. North Davidson (Joe Butts & Company)
2. West Forsyth (led by all underclass men KJ Henry, Marcus Caldwell, McMillion, Brinkley & unproven QB Latham who went 11-0 on JV last year.
3. Reagan (Always Good) great Coaching
4. Mt. Tabor(Mystery team always talented)
5. Davie(program has fallen off the past 2 years and this community is use to winning 9/10games a year: a hungry fan base)
6. Reynolds( Making improvements Good Coaching)
7. Parkland(not sure they're in the conference this year but they have a super coach... Will drop to 3A)

Last edited:
I think north Davidson has a solid chance if their offense sticks with throwing the ball. The OLINE for north seems to not be great a run blocking but did a good job pass blocking. If they pass the ball deep down the field they will rank up some points.

I saw that West QB get picked off a lot on JV last year the East game and another game. If I recall their success on JV was in large part because of a large JV oline and run game. I won't judge him Till I see him the east game, just saying what I remember.

Long story short I think north Davidson leaves the conference with a bang this year.

1. ND - Agreed great QB and outstanding O. Defense is young but will do well. Outstanding coaching and a core bunch of kids that play well together.
2. WF - Good Defense with surprisingly good Offense. Several D1 prospects on the D and the backs for WF VERY good. Outstanding JV squad which will be moving up to Varsity. Saw many JV games last year and QB Latham only threw a few picks all year. Smart QB who is a punishing runner. Caldwell may be player of the year with Butts in the CPC. The team is a year away from potential greatness
3. Davie - I know they have been down a couple of years but this is a pretty strong group with an OUTSTANDING QB Reynolds. The kid is a gunslinger and can change a game with that arm. May give Butts a run for QB of the year in the conference.
4. Reagan - somewhat down year for them as they lose a good deal of talent from last year. QB position is way up in the air with discussions of a freshman starting. Could be a bumpy road for the Raiders. Always well coached.
5. Mt Tabor - Could flip flop them with Reagan - a hard hitting team but many questions around coaching. Agreed with CPC4LIFE mystery team.
6. Reynolds - Improved coaching staff from a couple of years ago trying to build a program. Could be a player if staff allowed time.
7. Parkland - last year in the conference and will probably struggle again.

Super analysis above... That last game ND vs West has been huge the last 4 or 5 years. I expect that again. I will get a good gauge on West Forsyth after week 3 vs East Forsyth; win or lose.

As a ND fan, think we potentially have the best offense and special teams in the triad. I realize there are other great offenses, but when you add the kicking game into the equation, I believe ours grades out higher than everyone else. Those two units = 2/3 of the game. I won't say that the defense is in line with those other two units just yet, but if they can get better every game, it will be a special season. I am telling you there is an awful lot of speed on that defense this year, better depth too. Restated, don't overlook the defense at ND, may surprise more than a few people....

1. North Davidson
2. West Forsyth
3. Davie County
4. Reagan
5. Mt Tabor
6. RJR
7. Parkland

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT