ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats to Swain Co.

wolfpack69

Aug 7, 2004
What a game. You guys hung in there and never gave up. That was a great play on the fumble and TD pass. Do yawl practice that.LOL. I hate it for our guys, they've had a really good season. Your veer was tough to stop. Hope we have someone to replace Manning he was a good one. You guys brought a great crowd, have a safe trip home. Like the Wiz says "Tradition never graduates".

God Bless you guys! I was sick and didn't get to make the trip, but I heard great things about how classy y'all are, great sportsmanship! What a game, you guys had an amazing season!! Maybe y'all can make the trip to Bryson City next year :) Best of luck in the future to the wolfpack!

I second that you played one heck of a game. your game plan was very good and you played very hard and was the better team. good luck next week and next year.

Fun game to watch kept hoping for some turnovers but too few to make a comeback. Was very impressed with Ur d line and secondary play, always seemed to be in perfect position. Terrin manning did all he could with over 180 yds, one of our greatest backs ever. Go pack! ....and go Maroon devils hope y'all win another SC.

Your team was very well coached and disciplined. I'll be pulling for the Maroon Devils next week. Just think, had we won Starmount would be coming to us. Oh well. Congrats also to the Wolfpack and coach Little. Great season.

Great games devils. I also want to tip my hat to the wolf pack faithful. Classy bunch. Good luck y'all moving forward.

Congrats to the Devils.
evilgrin0007.r191677.gif

Three mountain teams in the regional finals! Pretty impressive. Keep it rolling Maroon Machine, Black Knights, and Panthers!

Originally posted by wolfpack69:
Your team was very well coached and disciplined. I'll be pulling for the Maroon Devils next week. Just think, had we won Starmount would be coming to us. Oh well. Congrats also to the Wolfpack and coach Little. Great season.
Great game by both teams. I wasn't there but I did listen to the game on MDN and your local radio station (live stream). I have to say that the first half was the best half of football all year offensively for the Devils. I don't remember his name but the RB for you guys is a beast. What colleges are recruiting him. Someone is gonna get a dandy!

No punts in the first half and each team scored on every possession until halftime as I recall. I thought for sure that each team would score 40+ by the end of the game. As it turns out, I believe halftime was the turning point in the game. Coach Blankenship's staff made a few adjustments to the defensive game plan and managed to slow down the running game just enough to pull it out. Of course those two big pass plays by the Devils also had a lot to do with the outcome.

Congratulations on a great season. From everything I heard, your community, your school, and fans are a first rate bunch of people. I hope we meet ya'll next year at Swain and we can return the hospitality.

Can't remember a year when so little was expected with so much accomplished by both Swain and Starmount who many of us thought were in rebuilding mode after early season losses to conference rivals?...Tremendous road win last night by the Maroon Machine and the Rams who both seem to be peaking at just the right time....Congrats to both Swain County and Starmount on their great road playoff wins last night!

2 great Fan Bases, 2 great Coaching Staffs and 2 great tradition-rich football programs will clash this friday night in Booneville....

Good luck to both the Maroondevils and the Rams, and hope the winner pulls another surprise in the state title game a week later!

Wow, what a game, just now crawling out from under the covers. Hat's off to the Wolf-pack fans and team and a special thanks to Love boat for the food list.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT