Clinton vs Reidsville for the Ship

Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wiz, little birdie from Clinton told me that y’all had around 3,000 towels made to give out to your fans attending the game. Think you run out of those quick?

Correction only at Gofan.com
2A State Championship Info 🏈🏆🏈🏆🏈🏆
Clinton vs Reidsville
3:06 pm
Carter Finley Stadium
Saturday December 9th

PARKING
SPECTATORS BUS PARKING
Clinton Dark Horses-EAST BUSES GATE B from Trinity Road and enter Gates #8 and #9 on the East Side of the stadium. Parking for Charter Buses is $40.00

Handicap Parking is available in the spaces near the stadium. These individuals may enter through GAtes B and Gate C from Trinity Road to access those spaces

Public/Spectator Parking is available at Gate B (from Trinity Road) for the East Teams. Overflow parking will be at Gate A (from Trinity Road.

General Parking fee is $15.00 (Debit/Credit Cards Only, No Cash)
Parking Gates Open at 12:00 Noon on Saturday

TICKETS
$15.00 (plus any Gofan service fee) Availaible on line only
5 Years or younger admitted free

CONCESSIONS
Concession stands will be open on both sides of the stadium
Debit/Credit Card Transactions Only (NO CASH)

STADIUM GATES
Open at 2:00 on Saturday
GATES #8 & #9 are the main entrance for the Dark Horses
No Readmittance

KICKOFF 3:06pm
PROHIBITED ITEMS & BEHAVIORS
-Animals
-Backpacks
-Bags larger than 14 x 14 (Clear bag policy)
-Bicycles
-Coolers
-Drones
-Food or Drink Containers
-Ice Bags
-Illegal Substances
-Laser Pointers
-NOISE MAKERS
-Poles/Sticks for Flags or Signs
-Selfie Sticks
-Signs/Banners/Flags
-Sitting/Standing in the aisles
-Specific Noise MAkers (Bottles with Rocks)
-Stroller (Only collapsible)
-Throwing objects in the stands or onto the field
-Umbrellas
-Weapons
-No parading of signs and/or banners shall be permitted.
-All bags are subject to be searched
-BODY PAINT is not allowed
-Pyrotechnics or exploding devices

**EXCEPTIONS will be made for those with medical requirements or special needs; fans should carry any necessary documentation, credentials or identification. Diapers Bags are permitted only if accompanied by an infant.

THE PLAYING FIELD
ONLY AUTHORIZED INDIVIDUALS WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD

POST-GAME
Spectators can greet their teams on the EAST Concourse sides toward the North end of the stadium

PASS ALLOWED
-Coaching passes
-Credential passes with lanyards (All ready given out prior)

Those towels are going to make some great souvenirs for Reidsville fans. :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :rolleyes:
They sure can go grab one after the game on the Clinton side. If Clinton loses I imagine there will be a few left behind. I just thought it was cool they made some just for the game. My friend told me they’ve done that every title game since 01’ but if Reidsville did that every year they went to title game, someone would be out a lot of money they go so much.

Who is the “home” team this year? Basically a uniform question.

Who is the “home” team this year? Basically a uniform question.
All East teams are visitors and are required to wear their light/white jerseys.west teams are home and wear dark. I don’t know I suppose they alternate each year. I assume that applies to dressing rooms too

They sure can go grab one after the game on the Clinton side. If Clinton loses I imagine there will be a few left behind. I just thought it was cool they made some just for the game. My friend told me they’ve done that every title game since 01’ but if Reidsville did that every year they went to title game, someone would be out a lot of money they go so much.
Well Clinton’s been to 10; this will be the 11th. I don’t remember a year they didn’t do it. Community business sponsor it

I think it is a great idea! If the Dark Horses win, then the Clinton fans should have their towels put in a nice frame. What a terrific remembrance that would be. :)

Pretty cool photo of Clinton Coach Cory Johnson and Ohio State Coach Ryan Day. OSU must want Amaris pretty bad for the head coach to come all the way out to lil ole Clinton.

I think it is a great idea! If the Dark Horses win, then the Clinton fans should have their towels put in a nice frame. What a terrific remembrance that would be. :)
Still have all of mine. Players get them to

I don’t if anyone is going to make that big a deal of it but they’re just a rallying towel for fans to wave. Clinton only has a population of about 7,000 so if 3,000 were made, everyone will have one

Reactions: kingbluedevil
@Wizard of the East In your opinion biggest play ever in a Clinton state championship win? These are a few of mine

-1990 #84 Westerbeek sack leading to Alvin Melvin defensive TD vs Thomasville

-1996 Harry Blue interception return for TD vs Brandys also Mario Lee’s catch leading to Leonard Henry TD run.

-1997 Willie Parker iconic dive into the endzone vs Shelby

-2001 Herbert Dixon’s back to back TDs in final minutes of 4th Q vs Cummings

-2005 Jamel Henry Pick 6 vs Lincolnton

Reactions: Wizard of the East
@Wizard of the East In your opinion biggest play ever in a Clinton state championship win? These are a few of mine

-1996 Harry Blue interception return for TD vs Brandys also Mario Lee’s catch leading to Leonard Henry TD run.

1990, interception, can ‘t remember the names but iconic block at midfield that led the return to the corner with Scooter Banks giving hand signals for the egregious block leading to the endzone, I think it was a TD but the highlight was the midfield block so vicious you could hear the stadium roar. The return may not have been for a touchdown because there wasn’t but a couple scored as I recall and Alvin made the defensive TD and didn't Scooter catch a TD pass from Randy Barefoot in the endzone. It was a heck of a game
In 2001 Herbert Dixon literally put the team on his back in the 4th qtr

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkhorse#34

Why’d you have to bring up 2005? lol. We gave up 3 first downs and lost. Too many turnovers. And you guys had a great punter.

MVP of the game that year!
And at the high school level, you could almost include the long snapper and the OL. You could put Reggie Roby back there, but if that long snapper and the blockers don't do their job it's for naught. This ain't the NFL where the time from snap to kick is around 1 second, and those two are paid millions to basically get it off regardless if an unblocked guy comes from the edge. For that reason, accuracy of the snap and blocking up front are much more critical at the h.s. level than in the pros or college.

Unless the towel says "Clinton State Champions" no reason not to frame it regardless; still a great memento of making it to the pinnacle game at a major college stadium.

Unless the towel says "Clinton State Champions" no reason not to frame it regardless; still a great memento of making it to the pinnacle game at a major college stadium.
It doesn’t say state champions it says Clinton vs Reudsville for the 2A State Championship with a design of the state and. a DarkHirse emblem , nothing declaring a state championship yet. That will come!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT