Clinton vs Reidsville for the Ship

Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the Reidsville area, My 48 is carrying the game as well as all the other playoff games. It's channel 15 if you have Spectrum.

Hopefully there will be a big crowd at Carter-Finley. I think tickets are $15 and parking is another $15. Please correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Thank you

Is there any Reidsville fan even worried about this game? To me based in this thread it sounds like Reidsville fans are 100% sure of a win and Clinton fans are about 50% sure their team will win. As a casual fan I’m just hoping for a great game, but I do think these are the two best teams easily in the 2A class. No upsets in this one.

Is there any Reidsville fan even worried about this game? To me based in this thread it sounds like Reidsville fans are 100% sure of a win and Clinton fans are about 50% sure their team will win. As a casual fan I’m just hoping for a great game, but I do think these are the two best teams easily in the 2A class. No upsets in this one.
I just think both fan bases are confident and should be. But I wouldn’t say worried. That can happen during game if really close later in game

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Clinton fans are just a sure. I have no doubt of a DarkHorse victory, but you will see a very good interesting game

Reactions: Rammer16
Cal has Reidsville by 7 and the (supposed) intentionally biased against Clinton Simmons has Clinton by 3. If I'm Vegas I'm taking this one off the boards.
Last week Simmons picked Reidsville and all the other sites had Shelby winning. Looks like Simmons is on a roll and the Rams are definite underdogs and those of us who are posting on the poll don't do what we are doing. :cool:

My opinion, for what it’s worth, comes down to the offensive line and Amaris Williams ability to run the ball and plow over tacklers at the point of attack. He is nothing like Reidsville has seen, has above average speed and power, probably needs to keep his pads a little lower,

Reactions: dogs79
I know Clinton has Robinson and a QB that has not thrown much lately. My view is feed Williams with ball control limit Reidsville possessions and play Williams on offense not much on D. That would be my game plan. Good luck to Clinton most of Whiteville will be routing for Y’all to win.

My opinion, for what it’s worth, comes down to the offensive line and Amaris Williams ability to run the ball and plow over tacklers at the point of attack. He is nothing like Reidsville has seen, has above average speed and power, probably needs to keep his pads a little lower,
I agree if Reidsville stops this Clinton is in trouble. If Reidsville has problem stopping it Clinton can win. I'm sure Reidsville hasn't seen a back like this in 2023.

I know Clinton has Robinson and a QB that has not thrown much lately. My view is feed Williams with ball control limit Reidsville possessions and play Williams on offense not much on D. That would be my game plan. Good luck to Clinton most of Whiteville will be routing for Y’all to win.
I think Clinton needs Williams to feast at the DE position keep the R-Ville QB running for his life. I actually think Clinton needs him more at Defense than offense. They have Robinson who while not as big as Williams, is a true RB.

I think Clinton needs Williams to feast at the DE position keep the R-Ville QB running for his life. I actually think Clinton needs him more at Defense than offense. They have Robinson who while not as big as Williams, is a true RB.
Williams won’t get in the backfield fast enough on a regular basis to slow down Lee and company. They will have to disrupt their timing in other ways than just pressure .

You may be right about that. In 17 Javonte played Reidsville . Bye that time Javonte was established RB from being safety most of the four years. He was gassed at the end of game and mostly played rb in that game. Amaris probly play all defense and 15-20 carries on offense. But then again if he gets 30 plus carries on offense it’ll be a shoot out. I got Clinton 42-35. Go Rams!

Reactions: olddog77
Really feel like Williams on fresh legs is more valuable on Offense, Lee will run him to death as he has everybody. By keeping Williams on O primary you limit Lee and company from throwing it all over the place. That’s just my humble opinion but from what I’ve seen I’d play it that way. Turnovers could change things, No doubt

Reactions: dogs79
Really feel like Williams on fresh legs is more valuable on Offense, Lee will run him to death as he has everybody. By keeping Williams on O primary you limit Lee and company from throwing it all over the place. That’s just my humble opinion but from what I’ve seen I’d play it that way. Turnovers could change things, No doubt
Could you please rephrase that "By keeping Williams on O primary you limit Lee and company from throwing it all over the place". Frankly, that make no sense whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Williams will probly get 200 plus and 4 tds on 15 carries. That o line blocks for whoever is in backfield. They’re dominant

Your right by keeping Williams on O and driving the ball and not allowing Lee on the field you limit Lee from throwing it all over the place…is that better?

Reactions: Wizard of the East
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT