ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Midway 10/1

SWO-#1 it was a pleasure sitting with you at our game tonight at Robinson-Lewis Field in DarkHirse Stadium
As many of you know SWO-#1 has been a regular poster on NC Prep for many years. Folks he has a vast knowledge of high school football, particularly in southeastern North Carolina. It was enjoyable reminiscing about the old ECC rivalries of 2000 - 2006 when SWO and the DarkHorses were dominant in the ECC and 2A football. We recalled some great games, players, and some legendary coaching during those times. We also got to see a good ballgame between the Raiders and the DarkHorses.
We welcome you back anytime SWO-#1

Last edited:
Had a great time at the game. Sat with the Wizard and two other Clinton fans. Met Ron and Johnathon.

I got to the Stadium @ 6:15. Found out had to have an ONLINE ticket, Nobody told me that. Nice girls at the game used their cell phones to get my ticket, along with a guy from Florida.

The game from my perspective: Clinton bigger than Midway. first series Midway QB didnt look good at all. Clinton line played clean and crisp. 3 and out and the game was on. As Ron said not good most of 1st half. Flags. With a 3 man front let Midway run the ball pretty good. But with open men QB was not that accurate. O'''ther than size Midway held their own, till a few minutes left in half.

I saw one of the best Holding calls on Clinton ever. At the end of a long gain The Clinton Player Put on a text book "Tackle" on the Midway D player ..... LOL. From behind, Both arms with a wrap up right in front of the ref.

Couldnt believe Clintons passing game, had never seen that, it was good. I think better than Midways.

I left a few minutes left in the 4th. Game looked well in hand and I had some things to do Sat. morning before heading to Jville.

Good luck to The Dark Horses rest of season and Playoffs. I will follow them and WRH as dont look like SWO will even make the playoffs this year.

Home side was like I remembered, Hard concrete seating ....

Fair well for now ... again great game and fans

Had a great time at the game. Sat with the Wizard and two other Clinton fans. Met Ron and Johnathon.

I got to the Stadium @ 6:15. Found out had to have an ONLINE ticket, Nobody told me that. Nice girls at the game used their cell phones to get my ticket, along with a guy from Florida.

The game from my perspective: Clinton bigger than Midway. first series Midway QB didnt look good at all. Clinton line played clean and crisp. 3 and out and the game was on. As Ron said not good most of 1st half. Flags. With a 3 man front let Midway run the ball pretty good. But with open men QB was not that accurate. O'''ther than size Midway held their own, till a few minutes left in half.

I saw one of the best Holding calls on Clinton ever. At the end of a long gain The Clinton Player Put on a text book "Tackle" on the Midway D player ..... LOL. From behind, Both arms with a wrap up right in front of the ref.

Couldnt believe Clintons passing game, had never seen that, it was good. I think better than Midways.

I left a few minutes left in the 4th. Game looked well in hand and I had some things to do Sat. morning before heading to Jville.

Good luck to The Dark Horses rest of season and Playoffs. I will follow them and WRH as dont look like SWO will even make the playoffs this year.

Home side was like I remembered, Hard concrete seating ....

Fair well for now ... again great game and fans

It's a great place to watch a game from regardless of which side you are on. It may take you months to get the sound of that loudspeaker blaring out "Touchdown Darkhorse's" though. I still have flashbacks! 🤣

It's a great place to watch a game from regardless of which side you are on. It may take you months to get the sound of that loudspeaker blaring out "Touchdown Darkhorse's" though. I still have flashbacks! 🤣

Loud speaker was "MUTE" all night. Heard testing, testing a couple of times but other wise not a peep all night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT