ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Midway 10/1

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
SAC 7 conference play resumes for both Clinton and Midway after stepping out of conference due to some Robeson county teams being in protocol. Sampson County rivals meet at Robinson-Lewis field Midway 4-1(1-0) vs Clinton 3-1(1-0) last week Midway defeated Richlands 33-13 while Clinton fell to Ledford 35-18.

Midway coached by Cory Barnes inhis 4th year at the helm will be coming upset minded ready to get that programs first victory over Clinton. Clinton has won all 8 meetings between the two dating back to 2013. Midway has one of the most talented QBs in the area NCHSAA record holder Wyatt Holland they operate out of a fast pace high scoring air raid offense will look to spread it around. Coach Barnes has done a good job really stepping in for local legend Tommy Sloan and rebuilding that program they are definitely well coached. Midways one setback came against South Brunswick in a 33-0 contest.

For Clinton come in licking our wounds after the loss Friday. We have a couple guys banged up not sure the severity hopefully nothing serious. Hoping we come out refocused amd ready for this midseason push. I think we have the pass rush and athletes in the secondary to bother Holland. Ultimately i believe we win I expect a close game for a quarter or 2 before we pull away.

Think of a score in your head of how badly you think Clinton will win.......now add 20 points to it.

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Ill give Midway respect if you make mistakes on defense that offense will burn you. The QB is talented i said it before if he was at a school out in Charlotte and maybe a inch or 2 taller ACC and other P5 schools would be on him heavy. Where they fall at is defense i mean gave up 70+in a game i know Hobbton has a unique offense but that tells me you lack defensively.

Last edited:
Midway wants to win this game badly. It’s there Super Bowl. Their QB is legit, don’t get pressure on him and his WR’s can get loose.
On the other hand they gave up like 70+ points to Hobbton, enough said.

Totally respect what Coach Barnes has done for that program, but their DC may need some help…..jk A-A-RON.

Midway wants to win this game badly. It’s there Super Bowl. Their QB is legit, don’t get pressure on him and his WR’s can get loose.
On the other hand they gave up like 70+ points to Hobbton, enough said.

Totally respect what Coach Barnes has done for that program, but their DC may need some help…..jk A-A-RON.
Some Clinton blood on that Midway sideline. Coach Mike Bell in his first year with the Raiders aswell

I will be at this game. Will watch Clinton do what they do. Been awhile since I have seen them, and even longer since at Midway. I will be in Hope Mills Friday and looks like a 30 minute trip. And then its to Jville. See ya'll there.

I will be at this game. Will watch Clinton do what they do. Been awhile since I have seen them, and even longer since at Midway. I will be in Hope Mills Friday and looks like a 30 minute trip. And then its to Jville. See ya'll there.
Are you back in NC visiting from Missouri? If so please stop by the booth, say hello. While Ron and myself try our best to deliver the play by play on the radio, you do it through text by typing. You do an amazing job with that. Please, come say hello and welcome to DH stadium.

Yeah i cant imagine only showing up when a team has a set back is a popular thing or knowledgeable thing......jack ass thing yeah but to each its own

Anyway back to it someone pointed out Midway has a tough 2 games in a span of 5 days playing us Friday then turning around playing St. Pauls on Tuesday.

Anyway back to it someone pointed out Midway has a tough 2 games in a span of 5 days playing us Friday then turning around playing St. Pauls on Tuesday.
It's my opinion that yal will open up that can regardless
It may affect their preparation for St. Pauls tho. Looks like 2 blowout losses to me.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
It's my opinion that yal will open up that can regardless
It may affect their preparation for St. Pauls tho. Looks like 2 blowout losses to me.
Yeah thats tough. I would guess Clinton and SP have some similar attributes so prep for us and them at the same time maybe idk but having a Saturday practice after the game and maybe a light or walk thru practice Monday and bam gameday again.

I heard they have 2 freshman onn there o line they must suck
Not necessarily true maybe those freshman are just talented. We have 1 and a number of sophmores starting. Doesnt mean team is less talented using underclassmen.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldway55
Are you back in NC visiting from Missouri? If so please stop by the booth, say hello. While Ron and myself try our best to deliver the play by play on the radio, you do it through text by typing. You do an amazing job with that. Please, come say hello and welcome to DH stadium.
Yes I am. 4 states and 7 places in 22 days. In Durham today and tomorrow at my sons. Thursday and Friday ln Hope mills seeing old friends. and then to Jville for about 8-10 days.

Is the Midway game @ Clinton ? I will for sure stop by and say Hi.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Yes I am. 4 states and 7 places in 22 days. In Durham today and tomorrow at my sons. Thursday and Friday ln Hope mills seeing old friends. and then to Jville for about 8-10 days.

Yes it’s at Clinton. Please do stop by. I’ll be in the pressbox. Game at 7:30

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91

Look for me SWO

if uou come to our game come see me! Looking up toward the pressbox door I’m a couple rows down to the right about 20 feet

Reactions: SWO-#1
Reactions: UNC91
Look for me SWO

if uou come to our game come see me! Looking up toward the pressbox door I’m a couple rows down to the right about 20 feet
My gps says I'm 57 minutes away. Will plan on getting there about 6:30. I'm always early. I got to the Corral at 5:30 for every home game. Same seat for 20+ years. Will have on a black leather jacket and a black "Retired Marine" hat. I forgot my SWO hat .... :mad: Probably shouldnt wear it at Clinton anyway. Looking forward to putting faces to voices and postings along with a good game.

GOOOOOOO HORSES

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT