ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs East Duplin Listen Live

Does the top 4 get into playoffs? Or does someone get left home like Trask last year

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton shouldn't have won that game, Clinton stunk it up. Period.
dog79, i didn't mean Clinton should have won that game, not the way it was played, but going into the game, Clinton is better than that, they should have won going into the game. Yes, they did stink it up good fashion.

Well dogs 79 what I tell u no matter what it looks like on paper u still have to play the game every game is different .I don't care what u see one week the next week is the next week u can never roll into a game over confident alas Clinton riding high after beating Wrh penalities are what u don't account for sloopy game play isn't what you practice for it happens tho u have to be up for every game every week ,now with that said I thought Ed would win thiat game and they did

@speak-in-the-mic i guess Jalen was the two way player you were referring to last week him being held out tonight really hurt but not sure how much a difference it would of made just wasnt our night...J'Dques Wallace was held out a half aswell....gotta applaud Coach Johnson for putting discipline ahead of winning.....havent spoke about it much this season but i hate thinking about the amount of talent not on the field due to not handling business in the classroom.....not gonna name names cause you follow us so you probably know the names......hate seeing wasted potential

We've had our own issues with this at West Craven. It get's tiring year end and year out to see kid's with talent just throw it all away. It would be nice if you could hook them to a machine and just program them to do things right. Too easy I guess. I'm not a good one to talk cause I sure did more than my share of stupid stuff when I was young but I wasn't really great at sports anyway.

For the record jalen was not being disciplined, he had another hamstring injury, so he was sitting out.

My bad there was a rumor about a 2 way player being held out due to a classroom issue ima guess that was #32 since he didnt play the first half

I apologize for assuming without proper information....must have been a pregame decision cause normally the injured guys dont dress out

Reactions: StallionSWO
Hamstrings can be tricky could be 1 week could be a month...im guessing thats what happened when he was shaken up on that final score vs Wallace hope he is able could be his last home game in Darkhorse Stadium senior night.......bright spot Simpson maybe a diamond in the rough he has good speed i saw him have a good run against Spring Creek but you know its spring creek...scored tha lone TD last night and almost broke another one....has speed but just not a big guy.......with the injuries we have everyone has to step up

Last edited:
Well we know everyone is out to beat Wrh and when they do they feel as if they won the Superbowl of high school football .. the emotion carries over from one game to another.

Well we know everyone is out to beat Wrh and when they do they feel as if they won the Superbowl of high school football .. the emotion carries over from one game to another.

Super bowl of high school football?.....its a rivalry game you always wanna beat your rival....i wouldnt call it the super bowl....like above comment said we have beaten Wallace enough Clinton stills holds the head to head series lead over Wallace

Congrats to ED on a big "bounce back" win last night. Glad I decided to make the trip. Always like going to a game there and be able to be so close to the field.

Couple of observations...…..

Not sure why all the whining about the officiating. Each illegal procedure/false start called on Clinton looked legit to me. The left guard was always a half a second early and that's a penalty. Has been for years I think. Clinton must have got it corrected at half since I do not recall seeing that penalty on them in the second half.

ED did get a huge break on the fumble recovery that was taken away by the inadvertent whistle. Refs did blow that one and that was a big time blunder on their part.

Also, looked to me there was plenty of holding going on. ED's defensive ends sometimes got tackled and sometimes it was called and sometimes not. I think I counted 2-3 holding calls on ED so it was fairly even. I think an earlier poster said ED was Clinton's home away from home so I don't think I can buy the argument that Clinton always gets hosed by the officiating in games played there.

I also keep seeing that the game might have been different if the Smith kid played. Not sure I buy that at all. He might make a difference inside the 5 (which I cant remember Clinton getting inside the 20 much less the 5) but I doubt if he is going to be much of a threat on 1st and 15 or 1st and 20 due to illegal procedure penalties. ED has a very stout run defense, Clinton has an average pass offense. ED coaches knew this and contained the Clinton offense for the most part. The Clinton offense I saw last night was anemic at best. ED had a lot to do with it, but aside from a couple of big runs and some receivers getting behind the ED secondary (again ED's pass defense is not very good) they did nothing.

The Kaba kid is a legit D1 talent. Not sure if it will be at LB but he could definitely be a playmaker at strong or possibly free safety. Appears to have excellent hands and good feet. Looked like he got a little banged up so hope hes ok. Hes the one guy that Clinton has to have on the field, on both sides of the ball to be successful.

ED won the game in my opinion because they were the more disciplined and more physical football team. Its no secret what they want to do. Limit the other teams possessions and run the football. #8 is an outstanding back who is very dangerous at the second and third levels. I also thought the ED offensive line played well. Credit to Coach Holley and his staff. They had their kids ready to play last night.

Clinton still is in good shape for the playoffs. I think they beat JK. ED and WRH will be interesting. I think WRH would beat Clinton in a rematch and I also think SWO, Northeastern and Kinston would probably all beat Clinton even if they had those that didn't play last night.

Really looking forward to going back to Beulaville next week for the WRH/ED game.

Congrats to ED on a big "bounce back" win last night. Glad I decided to make the trip. Always like going to a game there and be able to be so close to the field.

Not sure why all the whining about the officiating. Each illegal procedure/false start called on Clinton looked legit to me. The left guard was always a half a second early and that's a penalty. Has been for years I think. Clinton must have got it corrected at half since I do not recall seeing that penalty on them in the second half.

ED did get a huge break on the fumble recovery that was taken away by the inadvertent whistle. Refs did blow that one and that was a big time blunder on their part.

Also, looked to me there was plenty of holding going on. ED's defensive ends sometimes got tackled and sometimes it was called and sometimes not. I think I counted 2-3 holding calls on ED so it was fairly even. I think an earlier poster said ED was Clinton's home away from home so I don't think I can buy the argument that Clinton always gets hosed by the officiating in games played there.

I also keep seeing that the game might have been different if the Smith kid played. Not sure I buy that at all. He might make a difference inside the 5 (which I cant remember Clinton getting inside the 20 much less the 5) but I doubt if he is going to be much of a threat on 1st and 15 or 1st and 20 due to illegal procedure penalties. ED has a very stout run defense, Clinton has an average pass offense. ED coaches knew this and contained the Clinton offense for the most part. The Clinton offense I saw last night was anemic at best. ED had a lot to do with it, but aside from a couple of big runs and some receivers getting behind the ED secondary (again ED's pass defense is not very good) they did nothing.

The Kaba kid is a legit D1 talent. Not sure if it will be at LB but he could definitely be a playmaker at strong or possibly free safety. Appears to have excellent hands and good feet. Looked like he got a little banged up so hope hes ok. Hes the one guy that Clinton has to have on the field, on both sides of the ball to be successful.

ED won the game in my opinion because they were the more disciplined and more physical football team. Its no secret what they want to do. Limit the other teams possessions and run the football. #8 is an outstanding back who is very dangerous at the second and third levels. I also thought the ED offensive line played well. Credit to Coach Holley and his staff. They had their kids ready to play last night.

Clinton still is in good shape for the playoffs. I think they beat JK. ED and WRH will be interesting. I think WRH would beat Clinton in a rematch and I also think SWO, Northeastern and Kinston would probably all beat Clinton even if they had those that didn't play last night.

Really looking forward to going back to Beulaville next week for the WRH/ED game.
Good assessment,accurate. You don't think Jalen would have been the difference? Rythym and power.

Thanks for the info. I don't always see eye to eye with you, but you tell it like you see it, and thanks for that fence

Lol im sorry i cant take anything that guy says seriously....same guy that said this was a 2 team race the 2nd or 3rd week of the season......of course he doesnt think Jalen would of made a difference.....take anyone's #1 back out the offense and see how.much a difference it makes......imagine if ED didnt have Brown last night....but carry on just my two cents

And a under rated part of Jalen's game is his blocking....most of Evans big runs on QB draws are with #10 lead blocking for him....but u know the experts say he doesnt matter so i guess its true

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT