ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs East Duplin Listen Live

finalll
I’ve been listening. Seems like the Horses are getting out worked and out coached. Missing some key guys and having an emotional let down following last week vs a solid East Duplin team. Not sure Clinton wins tonight even with Wiz, Bob Lewis, and Leonard Henry reffing the game.
So you can get all that from listening. You got good ears.

Reactions: sam
Whelp at this point take Kaba out no point in that getting any more serious.....lick your wounds and try and get ready for next week

Reactions: sam
I trust your judgment, Wiz. If it’s more the refs than bad Clinton play , so be it.

Sounds like a major choke job to me. For gods sake even lowly JK took ED to the woodshed.

Reactions: dogs79
Clinton reaches the red zone for the first time late in the 4th.

TD Clinton

I swear if that kid ain’t out because of injury he’s out because of discipline. Has happened every year during an important game. But you can’t expect to win when you play without your best players and can’t get into rhythm. But those flags were ridiculous.

Reactions: sam and dogs79
Well atleast we dont get shutout tonight TD run by Simpson 2 point conv no good...19-6 4 mins left

This was definitely Clinton’s worst game of the season. We must bounce back next week against JK. Three-way tie for the conference crown at the moment. We can either now finish as worse as third or at best first place, but we will have to beat JK and get help from Wallace by beating ED.

Reactions: dogs79 and sam
Good game East Duplin definitely wanted it more tonight and played well....we were just out.played tonight...not saying nothing else about the officiating.....ED played great on both sides while Clinton didnt simple and plain.......need a lil help from Wallace next week and hopefully we(Clinton) come back focused and healthy and no discipline issues ready for JK

Reactions: dogs79 and sam
This was definitely Clinton’s worst game of the season. We must bounce back next week against JK. Three-way tie for the conference crown at the moment. We can either now finish as worse as third or at best first place, but we will have to beat JK and get help from Wallace by beating ED.
4 way tie,right?

Yeah this is the 3rd time this has happened with him.....dont think he has learned but oh well.....you can only do so much

Worst game of the season? Its the worst game in much more than this season.

1:36 left we moving it.....Ellis drops a usually TD catch thought he had it.....still need a TD and a miracle onside kick recovery

Well that should knock out any complacency we had in us.....flat out out played,too many mistakes,too much other stuff going on with these discipline issues, and yeah that other thing but im not mentioning it anymore but i been to alot of games haven't seen something so one sided but anyway...Congrats to East Duplin definitely the right way to bounceback......looks like we very well be making that 2nd round trip to Elizabeth City

Now, historically Clinton may have one bad game that usually triggers something in them, especially around playoff time. Hopefully that continues and hopefully Kaba will be good to return next week, we desperately need him during the next game and the playoffs!

Now, historically Clinton may have one bad game that usually triggers something in them, especially around playoff time. Hopefully that continues and hopefully Kaba will be good to return next week, we desperately need him during the next game and the playoffs!

Burn that game film and move on to JK.......honestly Wiz may be correct i dont think i seen us play that out of wack since going back to the down seasons in 09-11.....just too many mistakes.....cant expect to make that many mistakes and actually win a game......Midway probably could of beat us tonight the way we played....just altogether sloppy all.the way around

Burn that game film and move on to JK.......honestly Wiz may be correct i dont think i seen us play that out of wack since going back to the down seasons in 09-11.....just too many mistakes.....cant expect to make that many mistakes and actually win a game......Midway probably could of beat us tonight the way we played....just altogether sloppy all.the way around
It happens to us all brother

Reactions: dogs79
34, you're right somewhere back to 09-11.
I too would delete the files for this game, if they do have film or videotape or a disc of it, destroy it. There's absolutely nothing to learn from it.
My thought going forward Monday is that game was never played and we're now playing JK for the championship Friday.
Take nothing away for ED, but Clinton should have won this game. Heck the way the game went we should have lost much worse 19-6

Yeah as bad as we played still had somewhat of a glimmer of hope at the end...Ellis dropped what looked like a sure TD....maybe recover a onside kick which we almost got the first one we kicked.....but hats off to East Duplin no excuses

Reactions: 1True-Fan
What was shocking aside from the offensive inefficiencies and penalties was we got run on. No one had really run on us this year. Our Achilles Heel was pass defense. ED didn’t pass but like 3 times tonight and if you had told me that ED didn’t pass but 3 times I would’ve said one or 2 things happen either we were getting run on and they didn’t need too or we just shut them down period.

Hoping for no injuries. Next week is big. Win, and a WRH win and we win conference by tie break over WRH.

Big time bounce back for ED tonight. I dunno what it is about Thursdays but we never play well. Last week seems to be an outlier but the boys will need this defensive effort next week.

Wow didn't see this coming. ED will suprise some people. JK lose was a surprise. Should be interesting the rest of the way. If a three way tie at the end of the season, do you all draw from a hat for 1,2,3?

As terribly as we played ED only scored 19 points, their lowest point outpoint of the season, but the Clinton offense was just non-existent and the Horses getting called for so many penalties (14 in the first half alone) was atrocious.

Yeah, I was here taking my lumps last week. I've been through a move and a new job. Lots going on and I don't get to go to the games anymore.

Though, it seems like last year JK knew their place. You'd think a great program like that with all those state titles wouldn't put so much importance on one little ole win over East Duplin.

Something my coach used to tell me comes to mind... what was it... oh yeah. Act like you've been there before.

Next week should be fun. If at all possible I'm going to make the 4 hour drive and try to be there .

I think ED exposed y'alls need for jalen. QB can't throw a lick,but with jalen,they can dominate. 3 should very rarely play offense. That Clinton team tonight was not a good team. I know y'all hope this loss will propel y'all. It often takes that. Has for us.

34, you're right somewhere back to 09-11.
I too would delete the files for this game, if they do have film or videotape or a disc of it, destroy it. There's absolutely nothing to learn from it.
My thought going forward Monday is that game was never played and we're now playing JK for the championship Friday.
Take nothing away for ED, but Clinton should have won this game. Heck the way the game went we should have lost much worse 19-6
Clinton shouldn't have won that game, Clinton stunk it up. Period.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT