9/16 Hoggard (Home)
9/23 Pender (Away)
9/30 East Bladen (Away)
10/07 Midway (Home)
10/14 Union (Homecoming)
10/21 West Bladen (Away)
10/28 Trask (Senior Night)
11/04 Wallace Rose Hill (Away)

Tough Non-conference schedule as usual for Clinton, some really good home games too.

P.S. Based on the schedule I was given, it appears Clinton and its current conference have adopted the 7:00pm starts instead of the 7:30 starts. The east central 2A was doing the 7:00 games last year and I'm sure others were too, looks like the four county conference has jumped on the bandwagon. Only game not at 7 this year is SSS, there's is at 7:30 (They are the home team, home team conference makes the time)

8/10 Scrimmage @ Lakewood
8/12 Jamboree (Home)
8/26 SW Onslow (Home)
9/02 Smithfield Selma (Away)
9/09 Jacksonville Northside (Home)
9/16 Hoggard (Home)
9/23 Pender (Away)
9/30 East Bladen (Away)
10/07 Midway (Home)
10/14 Union (Homecoming)
10/21 West Bladen (Away)
10/28 Trask (Senior Night)
11/04 Wallace Rose Hill (Away)

Tough Non-conference schedule as usual for Clinton, some really good home games too.

P.S. Based on the schedule I was given, it appears Clinton and its current conference have adopted the 7:00pm starts instead of the 7:30 starts. The east central 2A was doing the 7:00 games last year and I'm sure others were too, looks like the four county conference has jumped on the bandwagon. Only game not at 7 this year is SSS, there's is at 7:30 (They are the home team, home team conference makes the time)
I just wish they would bring in more outside teams for the Jamboree like they used to, but I know that will be difficult with seemingly everyone now having jamborees. Two 3A teams(SSS, Northside is basically 3A but in 2A for this last year), a stout 4A Hoggard and traditional power SWO. Is it August yet?

Any idea on how SWO will be this year? SWO was a shell of itself last year. Should be better.

Clinton vs. Hoggard should be an excellent game. Northside and East Bladen will be really good games. Playing at WRH will be a struggle.

Strong schedule but Clinton will do just fine as long as they aren't many injuries.

I like the addition of the endowment game with Northside Jax....its going to be a tough game Bob Eason has had Clinton's number since the 2006 season that was the last time we beat them in the Eastern Final since them North side has handed us some whoopings.......4A Hoggard will be tough but its a home game I think many thought we could of won the game last year just way to many penalties hindered the comeback......away games at East Bladen and Wallace will be tough and I'm hearing Trask is suppose to be much improved of course that's just hear say. .....ready for August

Last edited:
Very good schedule with a tough non-conference lineup. This very good DarkHorse team needs this kind of schedule to prepare for the playoffs. I think it may be a special season
I agree that it will be a special season for Clinton. Their backfield will be loaded this year.

With a experienced offensive line and that loaded backfield Wiz is right its going to be a special season

If .... If Clinton goes through the regular season (with that schedule) undefeated ... Anything less than an appearance the state championship will be a disappointment, but any season the Dark Horses are not in the state championship is a disappointment. Good team and a challenging schedule.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Found out Coach eason stepped down at Northside so the Monarchs are under new management......usually a solid team but coaching changes bring some growing pains especially when you lose a coach that has been in place so long......New Coach is K. Polluck

Bad news I'm hearing Zion Autry(Howard) is transferring to 71st along with brother Xavier Howard.....more fall out from Clinton's basketball season and parents issues with Coach Jordan....sucks its now effecting football Zion probably would of been a starting defensive end opposite of Prentice Murphy

On a lighter note Former Clinton players and current coaches are holding the annual "Dark Horse Tradition" camp tomorrow for prospective players for upcoming season 8:30 am thru 11:00am

Big kid from midway is transferring to Clinton. Not sure of a name.

Well looking at Midway's roster I see only one noteworthy LB returning and that's 6'1 230lb linebacker Michael Kramer who will be a senior......I'm just assuming due to your comment that its a big time player and like I said looking at the roster he is the only bigger LB returning the others were seniors

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Well looking at Midway's roster I see only one noteworthy LB returning and that's 6'1 230lb linebacker Michael Kramer who will be a senior......I'm just assuming due to your comment that its a big time player and like I said looking at the roster he is the only bigger LB returning the others were seniors
It is indeed Mike Kramer that is transferring. That will be a big boost to the defense, that kid was a beast last year!

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
It sucks about Zion leaving, but it is what it is, great new about an additional pickup at LB. Heard Prentice ran a 4.4 during an offseason workout, apparently did it 3 different times, with 1 or 2 different people timing him. That kid could be nasty good. Not sure how Prentice didn't make the bball team either last year with all that athleticism, but hey that's why I'm not a coach, maybe being long, athletic and fast isn't a good quality to have as a BBall player, IDK.

It sucks about Zion leaving, but it is what it is, great new about an additional pickup at LB. Heard Prentice ran a 4.4 during an offseason workout, apparently did it 3 different times, with 1 or 2 different people timing him. That kid could be nasty good. Not sure how Prentice didn't make the bball team either last year with all that athleticism, but hey that's why I'm not a coach, maybe being long, athletic and fast isn't a good quality to have as a BBall player, IDK.

Well considering who the bball coach is I'm not surprised........Think Murphy is going to have a great year and with the addition of Kramer defense going to be really stout

Watched Kramer's highlights on hudl looked very good sure tackler when he blitz he gets to the ball carrier he will fight in great with our defense

More good news according to Bryan Peterson the recruiting of Ryheem Skinner and a couple of others should be picking up a lot of steam very soon.....

Hearing Derek Bryant transferring due to basketball coach. Another big loss if true. Thanks Coach Jordan.

Getting kinda ridiculous I wish Admin would just pull the trigger losing kids cause of a basketball coach

Well I'm really hoping its just a rumor....if its true we really need Jeremiah to play cause if not that would mean only Tyion returns to the secondary.....we could play Kris Williams in the secondary as well but u really don't want your starting QB playing defense too......I apologize for my frustration but it sucks losing good football players cause of a basketball coach....parents warned admin about this after the way Coach Jordan handled that playoff game well it looks like they weren't bluffing now its falling over to football and that sucks

Well it sucks but Dre is a good RB and I'm sure being stuck behind Skinner and Wright has been hard he will go to Lakewood and instantly be the #1 ball carrier....... Hurts our depth already lost Derek Bryant and now Dre Oates....this means Khari Williams will get a boost.....important we stay healthy depth will be a issue

Met a kid yesterday in town that will be a senior and he transferred from Green Central. Said he plays DB. Watched him play bball at the wellness center, very athletic, decent size. He has been at clinton this past semester. So that may help with depth.

Met a kid yesterday in town that will be a senior and he transferred from Green Central. Said he plays DB. Watched him play bball at the wellness center, very athletic, decent size. He has been at clinton this past semester. So that may help with depth.

Good to hear......two defensive transfers sounds good

Reactions: Gotoredd
What's happened to have these kids leave.

Not sure what happen for these two we got coming in to leave their respective schools but we are happy to have them.......a lot of the kids we are losing at Clinton currently are transferring because of the basketball coach.....Parents have asked for change and admin has pretty much ignored it...believe we have lost 3 kids so far this off season

What has the basketball coach done to make these kids leave?

A lot parents don't like his style of coaching from what I have heard and last year during the 2nd round playoff lost guy pretty much gave up on his team didn't play seniors and parents were pissed a lot talked about transferring kids unless a change was made and so far they not bluffing....so far this summer Zion Autry and younger brother Xavier Howard are gone transferring to 71st Zion was set to be a starting DE in football also Derek Bryant was going to start in the defensive secondary transferring to Harrell's Christian Academy

7 kids in the last 3 years 4 of them this summer....only 2 play football but that's a lot

Parents upset about their kids not playing ... so they transfer? Is it more than that? What you said seems like the sign of the times. Parents (not so much the kids) get upset because they think their kid should be on the court or field ... So we are packing up and going elsewhere. I don't know the situation or the coach like you do Darkhorse. I did some research and the current basketball coach has been there for four years and Clinton has a 80-30 record (.727 wining percentage) and has made it to the 2nd round or further every year he has been there. The playoff lost you talked about was by 25 points. Not playing the Seniors in their last game does seem pretty bad. I think parents look for the quick fix (I'm going to take my ball and go ... If my son doesn't play or play more). This happens everywhere and teaches these kids nothing (in my opinion). Like I said I don't know anything about what is going on, but I see this going on a lot and not just on the high school level.

I think Zion's and Xzavier's mom was already working in Fayetteville and recently bought a house there, so I think a move was inevitable. I can't speak for the rest of the players though.

Parents upset about their kids not playing ... so they transfer? Is it more than that? What you said seems like the sign of the times. Parents (not so much the kids) get upset because they think their kid should be on the court or field ... So we are packing up and going elsewhere. I don't know the situation or the coach like you do Darkhorse. I did some research and the current basketball coach has been there for four years and Clinton has a 80-30 record (.727 wining percentage) and has made it to the 2nd round or further every year he has been there. The playoff lost you talked about was by 25 points. Not playing the Seniors in their last game does seem pretty bad. I think parents look for the quick fix (I'm going to take my ball and go ... If my son doesn't play or play more). This happens everywhere and teaches these kids nothing (in my opinion). Like I said I don't know anything about what is going on, but I see this going on a lot and not just on the high school level.

Not so much kids not playing cause the guys who I have left were starters a lot complain about the "style" of coaching I didn't attend to many games so idk about that games I did attend West Bladen lost he was clearly out coached same for the Midway playoff lost....yes he has a winning record but it is troubling the amount of talent that has left the program under His watch Mike Boykin started as a sophomore transferred to Trinity and led them to a state title last year and was the games MVP Xavier and Zion were starters Xavier is nationally ranked I believe and I heard Boykins younger brother Marcus who is pretty good too probably will be next.....just saying that's a lot of talent gone...

Reactions: Trench Fighter
I think Zion's and Xzavier's mom was already working in Fayetteville and recently bought a house there, so I think a move was inevitable. I can't speak for the rest of the players though.

True...she was also one of the more vocal parents after that playoff lost

Anyway back to Football only a few weeks left til the start of practice any chance coach let's Skinner return KO and punts this year???....Senior year let him show out...have not seen return kicks since JV

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT