ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton 2016 schedule

Clinton should be fine, but finding quality depth is key. The 11 on the field on both sides will be strong but an injury or 2 could make things tough. This being Ryheem's senior year I think we will see him all over the field and not just on offense. Losing 5 potential starters, whether to transfer or just not playing this year, will hurt our quality depth. But be tough be a horse right.

Clinton should be fine, but finding quality depth is key. The 11 on the field on both sides will be strong but an injury or 2 could make things tough. This being Ryheem's senior year I think we will see him all over the field and not just on offense. Losing 5 potential starters, whether to transfer or just not playing this year, will hurt our quality depth. But be tough be a horse right.

5 starters??
1.Jeremiah Pope
2.Emari Oates
3.Derek Bryant
4.Zion Autry
5??????

Who else is not playing????

5 starters??
1.Jeremiah Pope
2.Emari Oates
3.Derek Bryant
4.Zion Autry
5??????

Who else is not playing????

My apologies I miscounted. Although up until yesterday it was actually gonna be 5, but guess we got through to one of them.

Good deal.....I'm working for the rest of the week I may try and swing by practice Friday if they are still doing evening practices and get some more pics/vids

The Clinton football Facebook page is up to 200+ likes and not even a week old...thanks to those who have liked and shared it so far.......can't believe......hard to believe we are a week away from the first live scrimmage and 9 days away from the jamboree

I thought I heard one of the coaches yell Zion's name during one of the drills...unless there is another Zion out there on the field.

Are they doing midnight madness soon???...hate that I will probably miss it working the next 4 days...

I thought u would win it all last yearShelby very good. Does Clinton have all back on off. U got best coach in NC there,if my sons were playing now,he would be the man to coach them because he teaches them how to be men.

Anyone hear anything about Rayquan Faison to Methodist University for football???? He posted a pic of himself in uniform next to the Methodist logo caption MU C/o 2020.......he could just be attending and planning to walk on I just wanted to see if anyone heard about him getting a scholarship..... He deserves it he was the best player on both sides of the ball during that playoff run last year

Raquan is attending MU for athletics. Not on scholarship because with Methodist being a D3 program they do not offer athletic scholarships only can help the athlete finically

Raquan is attending MU for athletics. Not on scholarship because with Methodist being a D3 program they do not offer athletic scholarships only can help the athlete finically

Still good news great player looking forward to seeing him play at the next level Methodist University got a steal

Clinton fans...you can pick up a 2016 NC Prep Football book at Wallace Rose Hill HS if interested!! They are $15.

Darkhorse34...did you get your copy?? What's your thoughts on it??

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Clinton fans...you can pick up a 2016 NC Prep Football book at Wallace Rose Hill HS if interested!! They are $15.

Darkhorse34...did you get your copy?? What's your thoughts on it??

Yes ma'am received it Wednesday its great still actually going thru it but y'all did a great job on it

I have no problem with the Sampson Independent but man one week into the season and 2 Union related articles 2 HCA related articles and one on Hobbton I mean I know they have to give other schools in Sampson County press too but man you got a team in the center of the county primed for a state championship run and absolutely no press so far

Checking out practice right now Mike Kramer looking good....notice with some transfers and guys not playing Skinner is practicing with the DBs maybe playing some safety with Pope not playing

Not having pope is tough but we will survive, it isn't like we throw it all over the yard and need tons of WR's, although it may be because we don't throw it all that much that he didn't play who knows, either way we'll be fine. DH34 u going to the scrimmage tomorrow at Lakewood?

Not having pope is tough but we will survive, it isn't like we throw it all over the yard and need tons of WR's, although it may be because we don't throw it all that much that he didn't play who knows, either way we'll be fine. DH34 u going to the scrimmage tomorrow at Lakewood?

Working tomorrow won't make it.....I'll be at the jamboree Friday

Working tomorrow won't make it.....I'll be at the jamboree Friday

Ok, was hoping to meet up and discuss some Clinton FB in person finally, I won't be on the air Friday, I have a wedding rehearsal to attend, my first missed jamboree in like 10+ years. Ron will be doing the radio coverage on mixlr so anyone who can't attend can listen.

Ok, was hoping to meet up and discuss some Clinton FB in person finally, I won't be on the air Friday, I have a wedding rehearsal to attend, my first missed jamboree in like 10+ years. Ron will be doing the radio coverage on mixlr so anyone who can't attend can listen.

Hey will you post some updates from the scrimmage....yes looking forward to talking some Dark Horse football....FB page over 300+ likes and counting

Ready for some Dark Horse football! But Wednesday is church night. I'll get there late but I plan to be there. Can hardly wait for FRIDAY NIGHT! Go Horses!

Ready for some Dark Horse football! But Wednesday is church night. I'll get there late but I plan to be there. Can hardly wait for FRIDAY NIGHT! Go Horses!

We got some youth on varsity I wanna see what these freshmen are about....Coaches must see something special to move em up....scrimmages and the jamboree are good for the young guys....a Lil trial by fire type deal

I won't be able to make either scrimmage :( but I'm sure my DarkHorses will show up and show out. So, to get my high school football fix, I will be down the street to the jamboree at Cardinal Gibbons Saturday. It would be great if the Horses would be invited to this jamboree.

Last edited:
Guys, I got word late yesterday evening that the Clinton radio crew will be on site trying something new live on Mixlr. I'll post a thread and links to listen to interviews from players, coaches, even fans for both teams, with updates. It should be fun.

Guys, I got word late yesterday evening that the Clinton radio crew will be on site trying something new live on Mixlr. I'll post a thread and links to listen to interviews from players, coaches, even fans for both teams, with updates. It should be fun.
That does sound like fun! I love what you guys are doing for those of us who can't make every game. At least we will be able to listen. Darkhorse04, you and your crew do a wonderful job year in and year out broadcasting games, keep up the great work!

That does sound like fun! I love what you guys are doing for those of us who can't make every game. At least we will be able to listen. Darkhorse04, you and your crew do a wonderful job year in and year out broadcasting games, keep up the great work!

Thanks, always appreciate the support. Hoping to make each and every broadcast better and better. Between us and DH34's Facebook page dedicated to Clinton football, we are working to get as much exposure for this team, town and tradition as possible.

Nice good to hear let me know I'll post the link on the Facebook page

For those not listening so far Clinton scored once on a tyion Wright QB keeper and Lakewood has scored once on a pass.......So far Clinton's offense has had some miscues missed blocks bad snaps a couple of fumbles starting QB Kris Williams is not dressed tonight but will play on Friday offense just needs to clean a few things up which is normal for a first scrimmage but hats off to Lakewood sounds like they are bringing the heat....come regular season we will need to try and establish some sort of passing game to keep teams from stackin the box Jaylen Smith has played well too Skinner had a few nice runs.....Clinton's defense front has played well especially Prentice Murphy we have some questionable secondary play but most knew it would be some growing pains losing Derek Bryant and J. Pope not playing....I expect to see some cleaner play this next half of the scrimmage may see a lot of young guys get some run

Thanks for listening tonight guys, we had a few hiccups but hey it's our first game to lol, after we signed off Clinton and Lakewood kept playing. Second half has been all Clinton 4-1 at this point overall. Using down and distances with chains this half, unlike 1st half when it was 10 plays and switch.

Sounds good I think once things get figured out in the secondary we will be fine just hope the injury bug does not bite us

04, enjoyed the interview tonight, one subject I've always felt comfortable talking about is DarkHorse Football!
Overall tonight the DarkHorses looked much better 2nd half when playing down and distance. Got a chance to look at some new folks. Smith and Kramer looked very promising as newcomers. Friday's jamboree should be interesting

I didn't get to the scrimmage until 8:15. The Kramer kid looked good. Prentice did well. Didn't see much of Skinner. A.J and Khari ran well. It was kinda mop up time when I arrived. Lot's of talent! They will get it all together...soon. Ready for Friday!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT