ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton 2016 schedule

Anyway back to Football only a few weeks left til the start of practice any chance coach let's Skinner return KO and punts this year???....Senior year let him show out...have not seen return kicks since JV
That's tricky.I agree with you in that I would like for him to show out, but at the same time, there is more risk in getting injured returning kicks. We should have enough in the "stable" that he wouldn't have to return any kicks. Getting more excited by the day to see Skinner and Wright in the backfield.

Not so much kids not playing cause the guys who I have left were starters a lot complain about the "style" of coaching I didn't attend to many games so idk about that games I did attend West Bladen lost he was clearly out coached same for the Midway playoff lost....yes he has a winning record but it is troubling the amount of talent that has left the program under His watch Mike Boykin started as a sophomore transferred to Trinity and led them to a state title last year and was the games MVP Xavier and Zion were starters Xavier is nationally ranked I believe and I heard Boykins younger brother Marcus who is pretty good too probably will be next.....just saying that's a lot of talent gone...

Mike Boykin, Jalen Banks, Zion Autry, Xavier Howard, may have missed some.

True last year it was Wright and Pope handling both KOs and Punts but with Pope playing being up in the air I would be comfortable with Ryheem running kicks back he could do so serious damage just like the Hines for EB and Glaspie/Cannady for WRH...,,also with Kramer coming we have another O Linemen if we need it saw he went both ways for Midway......Just excited for the season to kickoff

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
True last year it was Wright and Pope handling both KOs and Punts but with Pope playing being up in the air I would be comfortable with Ryheem running kicks back he could do so serious damage just like the Hines for EB and Glaspie/Cannady for WRH...,,also with Kramer coming we have another O Linemen if we need it saw he went both ways for Midway......Just excited for the season to kickoff
These guys are definitely going to have that fire in their belly this year. People are standing behind and slapping the Horse on the butt, and you know what happens when people do that lol!

With practice right around the corner what are you guys expectations for the season? Is it State Championship or bust?.....We all know the star players but any surprise players you think may have a breakout year???......Anyone think this is Lewis's last year???

To answer some of my own questions
#1 We are the Clinton Dark Horses with our history tradition and pride its always State Championship or bust especially with what we have coming back...I personally think the sky is the limit for this group aslong as we stay healthy and stay hungry can't get complacent

#2 On offense I think FB Jaylen Smith is going to emerge as a key piece we all know in the Bob Lewis running scheme how important the fullback is and he has the genes to be a star.....on defense Isaiah Page I think is primed for a huge year he is a hybrid LB smaller than the average LB but he is fast works hard and looks like he is having a great summer....in that 4-3 defense he will be the lightning to Mike Kramer's and AJ Williamson's Thunder

#3 If Clinton wins a State Title I see Lewis finally riding off into the sunset for good

To answer some of my own questions
#1 We are the Clinton Dark Horses with our history tradition and pride its always State Championship or bust especially with what we have coming back...I personally think the sky is the limit for this group aslong as we stay healthy and stay hungry can't get complacent

#2 On offense I think FB Jaylen Smith is going to emerge as a key piece we all know in the Bob Lewis running scheme how important the fullback is and he has the genes to be a star.....on defense Isaiah Page I think is primed for a huge year he is a hybrid LB smaller than the average LB but he is fast works hard and looks like he is having a great summer....in that 4-3 defense he will be the lightning to Mike Kramer's and AJ Williamson's Thunder

#3 If Clinton wins a State Title I see Lewis finally riding off into the sunset for good
I agree with your post, I think the sky is the limit with this team as they are a special group. Yes, they will have to stay healthy, as some positions aren't as deep as in the past.

As far as the offense, I too agree with your statement on using the FB. The FB is essential in the straight T offense, as Coach Lewis likes to soften up the middle of the defense by using the FB to draw more men into the "box" before he uses the speedier backs to get outside or burn the secondary with a deep pass. I think this offense will be just as potent, if not more potent than last year. On defense, Mike Kramer will be a great gift to an already talented group. Is it August yet lol?

I think this team can be special. I think the offense has to be opened up a little considering the athletes we have, and it all depends on the line. If our line can match up one on one like his offense requires then we can ground and pound as usual no problem, if not we will have to get clause and others out in the open a little more than usual.

I think Coach Lewis can/will coach as long as he wants, it's his job till he decides it's that time. Several high schools in the state would be lucky to have Lewis, with that said, if and that's a IF, we win, I say considering he is losing Raheem Skinner and a lot of key guys and next year begins the WRH, JK, ED conference match ups, Clinton football succes may be much tougher in the future years, I think he retires. I hope we keep him as long as possible, but no one could blame him if he decides to retire at the end of the year.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I like opening up the offense you saw at times against that tough WRH defense they went to the spread option game and got Ryheem in space.....Kris Williams-Clause runs the option as good as I seen in awhile especially for a sophmore and he will only get better.....would like to see more read option plays with him and Ryheem didn't get to see it much last year but Williams-Clause has some wheels I remember him cutting up defenses on JV

Yes, the Horses moved the ball surprisingly well last year the times they ran out of the spread, I hope they continue that this year and maybe even ramp it up a little. I just worry about pass protection.

Yes, the Horses moved the ball surprisingly well last year the times they ran out of the spread, I hope they continue that this year and maybe even ramp it up a little. I just worry about pass protection.
A lot of experience returns to the online plus add in Kramer who plays oline as well I think the line play will be fine and the offense will be better than the 2014 and 2015 teams

Is Kris Williams still playing? Heard a lot of talk around saying that he is leaving football to focus primarily on basketball. Which would put Tyion Wright at starting QB this season

Is Kris Williams still playing? Heard a lot of talk around saying that he is leaving football to focus primarily on basketball. Which would put Tyion Wright at starting QB this season

Have not heard that one....as far as I know Williams is still playing.....with the current state of mens basketball at Clinton it would probably be a better decision to keep playing football....ask Rayquan Faison

Last I heard from my source Clause was gonna play, the big ? mark was Jeremiah Pope. Need him on the outside, never understood why we couldn't check to a play everytime he was lined up wide 1 on 1 with the safety down in the box to try and stop the run. Go route or fly, heck even a quick slant or jump ball then once they finally stopped it or gave safety help then its one less man in the box for Ryheem and Company to do work. Oh well thats why I am not a coach, we'd probably lose every game lol.

Completely agree. Do not need to add Kris to that list of players transferring out because of the basketball program.

Last I heard from my source Clause was gonna play, the big ? mark was Jeremiah Pope. Need him on the outside, never understood why we couldn't check to a play everytime he was lined up wide 1 on 1 with the safety down in the box to try and stop the run. Go route or fly, heck even a quick slant or jump ball then once they finally stopped it or gave safety help then its one less man in the box for Ryheem and Company to do work. Oh well thats why I am not a coach, we'd probably lose every game lol.
:p:p

Most of the time last year, Pope had the advantage on his opponent, especially down in the Red Zone. The message could have been to other teams: "We're inside the Red Zone, and we know the fade pass in the corner is coming, but can we stop it?" I hope he does return to play this year, and if he does, Coach Lewis opens up the pass more, like when Brian Howard was playing. No one could stop that kid, Jeremiah Pope fits the same mold.

He was also huge on defense matching up with the bigger WRs....and had some nice returns on special teams....but I agree should be a audible when he is matched up one on one and also when the DB is playing off I like the quick screen pass to him like the one during the SWO game

Never quite understood the thinking of wanting to just focus on one sport....I know Jeremiah plays on a pretty prestigious AAU team but doesn't the AAU season end this weekend? I guess Im kinda old school but when I played we played every sport coaches encouraged us to play different sports cause they help build...I mean at the end of the day its his decision but football is always going to be king at Clinton and honestly he has a better chance winning a ring on the gridiron then on the hardwood.....Lebron James,Allen Iverson,Ben Wallace,Charlie Ward etc just a couple guys that excelled on the court but also played football....played 3 years Jeremiah might as well play one more lol

Oh snap. Clinton's Defense was gonna need a guy or 2 to step up to fill Zion's role, but if he stays, the D just got even better. I expect Prentice to have a big year to.

Defense will be solid again this year for the horses simply because of the speed they have on the defensive side. Eastern teams we all know are run heavy and when you have gifted athletes on your football roster playing defense it's really easy to cut the runners off or shoot the gaps. After seeing the schedule for the horses besides Hoggard I really see no other team until playoff time giving the Dark Horses a test. We will have to see how this defense answers the call come playoff time

I wouldn't look past SW Onslow, NS-JAX, East Bladen and especially WRH. We should be favored in at least 3 out 4 of those games, the WRH game is their senior night on the road so that'll be tough but I remember what went down last time we were in the dawg pound, still, they will be tough no doubt.

Of course not never overlook anyone. Clintons experience will reign heavy and also the returning players still have that bad taste in their mouth about what Wallace walked in and dos to them last year. Wallace preseason number 1 team in the state for 1A Clinton is number 3 for 2A going to be another great year of football around the area!

Not to worried about SWO think they are still another year away from being what they were......North side Jax,Hoggard will be tough North side has had our number since we beat them way back in 2006 eastern regionals but they have a new coach so we will see...Hoggard 4A school last year was a down year for them but we get them at home so should be a battle last year penalties killed us I think we were in position to win that game.....EB and Wallace on the road tough places to play and very good teams we seem to always play well at Wallace though

OAN, when will the boys be getting new uniforms again? It would be cool to see them in some Nike or Under Armor uniforms. I liked the solid white unis worn last year at Bunn.

OAN, when will the boys be getting new uniforms again? It would be cool to see them in some Nike or Under Armor uniforms. I liked the solid white unis worn last year at Bunn.

I like the all white look didn't like the outcome of that game smh....also like when we go white jersey with black pants

I like the all white look didn't like the outcome of that game smh....also like when we go white jersey with black pants
The jerseys need to be long enough to tuck in the pants and tight fitting. So many times our backs and receivers have been caught from behind because of those short and loose jerseys being pulled by the defender.

The jerseys need to be long enough to tuck in the pants and tight fitting. So many times our backs and receivers have been caught from behind because of those short and loose jerseys being pulled by the defender.
Yes the only way Ryheem gets tackled sometimes is by defender grabbing his jersey

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT