ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

We got our power back on a few hours ago. This is so sad. My nephew is a fireman in Asheville and had 75 water rescues yesterday They are thinking the death toll is going to really rise. Also just saw a video of the town of Chimney Rock and looks to completely washed away.

Still no power on my road but we have food and our home. I am not complaining and even when I think about being frustrated I humble myself. What happened in the mountains is absolutely awful. That has been my main thoughts through all of this. I just hope they can get people to safety and save as many as they can. Thankful for all the fire, rescue, lineman and anyone who has grabbed a chainsaw over the last few days.

I was told it would probably be NEXT Friday before power in sunshine/golden valley area .. here’s to hoping not but it’s ok either way .. I have cut so many trees off/ out of houses and seeing little old lady’s crying is hurting my soul
It says Oct 4 for Mooresboro right now. Which is so difficult, this no power is hard but I just keep making myself think about the people in the mountains and how much worse it could be.

I just saw where CC schools are closed again tomorrow due to the power outages and all still. Just curious if they are still closed Friday, they can't play games, right?

I just saw where CC schools are closed again tomorrow due to the power outages and all still. Just curious if they are still closed Friday, they can't play games, right?
They play when there are Teacher work days so I am not sure how it will be decided on this one. I was also wondering myself. Bessemer City is a Gaston County school and other than 2 schools the rest moved. Who knows at this point.

They play when there are Teacher work days so I am not sure how it will be decided on this one. I was also wondering myself. Bessemer City is a Gaston County school and other than 2 schools the rest moved. Who knows at this point.
I think I saw somewhere though that if it's a weather related closure they can't do any sports either. Teacher work days are different.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT