ADVERTISEMENT

Hickory vs North Lincoln 10/2

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Looks like this game got moved up until Wednesday evening at 7. Two undefeated teams left in the conference. Any thoughts.

No thoughts on this one I’m a bit surprised. So I’ll lay some thoughts.

2 ranked/ undefeated area teams going head to head one with the air attack and another with a huge ground and pound with a soild RB. I think it may be a mix of run and pass with Hickory according to what I was listening to when they played Hibriten.

Both teams bout equally battle tested with maybe a tiny edge for NL on the battle test schedule. EL good test for Hickory but North took Statesville and walked away with a nail bitter at East Rutherford and showed up West Lincoln by 2 scores EVEN with losing around 4 fumbles. North lost around 3 fumbles (maybe just 2) to East Rutherford and they still clawed back. East Rutherford is the real deal in 2A with a possible 3rd round showing this year, so with those turnovers if they’d not had that the game wouldn’t of been as close IMO.

Keys to victory for Hickory: just play their game and mistake free ball, not much to add
For North: PRESSURE the QB, DB stay close do best you can and don’t get burnt. North not the best in pass D. NO Fumbles, North played turnover free ball against Statesville and it showed clearly on the scoreboard. Keep Wingate pounding with breaks and keep that T Option unpredictable.

I’m not favoring or expecting North to win but big upset potential is there. WAY more so than any team Hickory has played thus far. Winnable game for North Lincoln IF- some lucky breaks and calls, no turnovers, D plays sound up front disrupting the pass and getting QB moving around. If he gets comfy in the pocket it’s a wrap.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT