ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic at Crest

Congrats to Crest. Was relegated to listening to the game on the radio. Hated I wasn't there. Would have enjoyed the ride back less. Ate my humble pie at home.

From what I could tell, both teams played hard. Both teams also had moments of sloppiness and missed opportunities that is typical of high school football and why I enjoy it. I suspect both teams are pretty beat up as has been typical of prior meetings. The announcers noted multiple times how physical the game was. Even though I wasn't there, I got the sense that the teams were pretty evenly matched and would split 5-5 if they played 10 times.

One of the many Crest posters that came out of the woodwork post game commented about the green meteorite over the Catholic stands being a good omen. An even better omen was when Catholic fumbled the ball into the end zone on the one yard line. You can't throw away scoring opportunities in a game like this. Credit to both teams and others across the state for scheduling games like this. You learn more about your team with a game where you have the potential to take an L than scoring 50+ points against a cupcake. Doesn't help the playoff seedings but it is why a lot of high seeds with fake 10-0 records fall in the early rounds of the playoffs.

As far as your announcers, they were Crest partisans, as expected, but they were as professional as I have heard for a high school crew. Understood the game, had a good time and kept it even keeled. There are some outright clowns across the state. They are not among them. Time for both teams to lick their wounds and get on to the conference play where it gets real. Good luck to Crest and expect them to make a lot of noise in 3A if they can stay healthy and continue to improve.

My apologies, was personal foul unnecessary roughness. I think targeting you're ejected.... But yes 15 yard penalty on 4th down!! We thought game was over and here comes the flag.
You cannot throw a flag there. I get the helmet to helmet and leading with your head but none of that happened. Considering the angle he did pretty well to get his shoulder in there and make contact. I absolutely despise the defenseless receiver call at times too. If a receiver jumps in the air but gets drilled around the waste you do not throw a flag. It's as if they want the defender to wait til he lands and then ask him in a polite manner to please fall to the ground. They are coached to go full speed until the whistle blows. Too soft in some areas of football now days. I don't want to see a kid hurt and support the helmet to helmet rule but a call like that could have changed the outcome which is something refs should never decide.

Anyone no what’s wrong with #63 and back up kicker Grier..they been out all season..#63 started at o line last year

The flag came out late and was 100% due to crowd reaction and the kid not getting up immediately.
I was listening on the radio and they were literally already talking about the follow up to the play as the flag came out. It had to be extremely late given how the dialogue was going from the announcers.

November football is upon us for Burns fans....I will take a deep dive into following the Panthers, a ticket for 50 cents, lmao

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT