ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

From KM

They lead 42-17 not sure how much time left

Scratch that, above is the final..... Good win for KM Cox Mill was a scappy bunch but the KM defense was relentless then their offense got on track as well

Reactions: beamer24
I didn’t know what would happen obviously but I knew that first drive tonight would be a huge deal. We got stopped on 4th and gave Crest a short field. That proved to be a big difference. We have plenty to work on but there are a lot of things we can build on. We definitely need to develop the passing game. It’s early and the first full game for McGowan at QB. I think we will be fine. Young but coachable.

One of those line em up and see smashmouth football games. The Dogs didnt lose just ran outta time. Lol.....but Congrats to Crest on the w. I wonder when is the last game Burns had no yards passing. I have been following the program for many years and cant remember one.

Reactions: Bulldog94
One of those line em up and see smashmouth football games. The Dogs didnt lose just ran outta time. Lol.....but Congrats to Crest on the w. I wonder when is the last game Burns had no yards passing. I have been following the program for many years and cant remember one.
Either 1960 something or back when they actually played games in the rain.

I never felt like we were out of it even down by 2 scores. Just ran out of time and missed some big opportunities.
You guys dominated both LOS, even with us having better size. You played very well and will have a great year. You're going to have to find some kind of passing game even if it's 5 completions per game to keep defenses honest. The only problem you have right now is if you don't score first or have a turnover and get down 2 scores the clock is going to be your enemy. Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully our guys can learn from this and get better. Time will tell.

There's not a nickels worth of difference between the 2 QB's. One has better legs one has better arm. QB was not our problem.
Weird thing is I don’t think Coach L has any intentions of switching QB’s yet. I think he just used Brock to get a couple 1st downs with his legs and run the clock. Coach then inserted #3 back in to take a knee..Friday could get ugly if we don’t find a pulse on defense

You guys dominated both LOS, even with us having better size. You played very well and will have a great year. You're going to have to find some kind of passing game even if it's 5 completions per game to keep defenses honest. The only problem you have right now is if you don't score first or have a turnover and get down 2 scores the clock is going to be your enemy. Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully our guys can learn from this and get better. Time will tell.
You too bro. A lot to take away from it but we started with one QB and then he went to receiver after I think the 2nd possession. Once McGowan gets more comfortable and the receivers dial in more I think we will be fine. He had a sure TD tonight but it went through the receivers hands. Had a few over throws but the receivers were there. If we put it together we can find a lot of success. It won’t be easier this week. KM front 7 is ruthless. The only benefit to conference play is maybe it gives us time to get it all together. With what I’ve seen I think we are in much better shape than most thought we would be.

This was a good showing for us. I think it shows what potential is there with this young team without a "true" QB. These sophomores are forced to grow up quickly. This is the only year where I'm a little thankful for our terrible conference. Like 02 said, this will hopefully allow us to work on the passing game and give more experience while winning some games. Our line on both sides played well and our running game is very strong. We just need to have the threat of throwing the ball against the good teams or we will consistently see 8 in the box. This game came down to 3 big plays to me. The two trick plays and the screen pass in the 1st quarter for 75+ yards. I didn't follow every KM game when Lloyd was there, but did he usually have a lot of trick plays? Is pulling those out early in the season an indicator on what he thinks about the offense and where they're at right now? I think we saw that both teams have a lot to work on, but we both seen enough good to keep our hopes up for another strong year.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Congrats Chargers! But one thing I can promise is Crest is happy they are done with Burns. Burns was 100% the most physical team between Friday night & tonight. Burns will be a handful in 2A in November.
I agree and think Coach Devine had his guys more prepared after the long halftime.

Congrats to Crest , a win is a win
Burns was more physical team and played hard , get anything looking like a forwards pass completed and you guys will be a tough out
Both teams have work to do it’s early.

If I’m Shelby I bring back the Wing T one night only

Hell last week we couldnt run ball, not sure if we were that bad blocking or they that good on D line..
Think little of both. 🤣

Burns was more physical team and played hard , get anything looking like a forwards pass completed and you guys will be a tough out

Heck, you don't know if your pass defense is that good either. Lord knows we didn't test it.

Heck, you don't know if your pass defense is that good either. Lord knows we didn't test it.
Had one in the basket in the third quarter but it was dropped. Had Bokie open on another but just a little over thrown. I think one more was just a little over as well but we had wide open receivers on at least 3 of the however many attempts. I can handle that weakness because we have the skill set to develop it. Not having any blocking or getting any pressure on defense is tough but were not seeing that as of yet. KM will be another big test up front. I like the position we are in moving forward. Some teams (our conference) just don't have the kids to compete and develop. We do so we just need to build it one game at a time. Those small dump off routes or hitting the flats will come over time.

I honestly cannot wait to get out of this conference but this year it will definitely help. You won't see us beating our chest over beating Highland Tech but games like that can at the minimum get some timing down and a little comfort in the air. Crest has what I consider to be a gaunlet. Shelby and Catholic the next two weeks followed by what I think is an improved Big South. Ashbrook will be better and I think Forestview is improved as well. South Point and KM will be tough games as well. Don't hold me to the Forestview until after they play Freedom. I am curious about that game myself. Crest fans will need to be patient because you only played one game and it was an odd one with the delay. They have the tools to be very good but probably need some of the pieces moved into the right spot. Lloyd is a good one and will do what is needed to be successful.

I honestly cannot wait to get out of this conference but this year it will definitely help. You won't see us beating our chest over beating Highland Tech but games like that can at the minimum get some timing down and a little comfort in the air. Crest has what I consider to be a gaunlet. Shelby and Catholic the next two weeks followed by what I think is an improved Big South. Ashbrook will be better and I think Forestview is improved as well. South Point and KM will be tough games as well. Don't hold me to the Forestview until after they play Freedom. I am curious about that game myself. Crest fans will need to be patient because you only played one game and it was an odd one with the delay. They have the tools to be very good but probably need some of the pieces moved into the right spot. Lloyd is a good one and will do what is needed to be successful.
Facts 02

Was the lineman that went out last night ok? I thought he returned but didn't want to say for sure.
We got bunches of lineman that went down 72,67,63 and 74 has been out due to transfer approval.. A couple d linemen went down 99 and 17..after finally playing a game we are banged up like it’s week 7 or something..I’m sure I missed more injuries that’s just what I saw..10 hand injury didn’t look good either..

We got bunches of lineman that went down 72,67,63 and 74 has been out due to transfer approval.. A couple d linemen went down 99 and 17..after finally playing a game we are banged up like it’s week 7 or something..I’m sure I missed more injuries that’s just what I saw..10 hand injury didn’t look good either..I watched Shelby/AC finish up Saturday and Shelby got a bunch banged up

Both Burns/KM & Shelby/Crest have the potential to be really good games. Cleveland County football at its best!

Was thinking that this was probably the last early season Burns/Crest game for a while. Guessing we'll be conference mates next year

Burns did exactly what they needed to do to win this game and many others this year. Run the ball and stop the run. I could see Burns being a team that only completes 5 passes per game but using that ground game to control it.

Crest, no doubt, needs to work on the defensive front but this is the first game of a new coaching staff trying to recognize who needs to be where. The QB situation is an interesting one. McSwain and Melton bring different skill sets to the table and Brock had a nice summer playing WR too. Coach looking for ways to use both guys. OL is having to learn their job after 2 years of just block long enough to get the ball out. They will be a better unit as they grow. Gotta like RB and WR spots. Great athletes across the board.

Great county game.

I didn’t know what would happen obviously but I knew that first drive tonight would be a huge deal. We got stopped on 4th and gave Crest a short field. That proved to be a big difference. We have plenty to work on but there are a lot of things we can build on. We definitely need to develop the passing game. It’s early and the first full game for McGowan at QB. I think we will be fine. Young but coachable.
That fourth down gamble ended up being very costly plus the questionable roughing the passer. Burns is a much better team than most of us expected. If they stay healthy with those LBs playing QB and RB the old school power running game will be hard to stop. KM run D vs Burns run O should be a good one. Burns is definitely 2A top 10

As much as I’d like both teams to win (I have no beef with any CC football teams) I’m going to have to hope Shelby wins strictly because it would help our RPI. I really hate the RPI and the OSS and OOSS crap!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT