ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

Ac has a fine football team.. Well discipline. And great size. Qb was better then expected..
No exvuses just better, but hurts to have 3 ints and 2 fumbles.
And alot bad breaks..
Still take nothng away from Ac.
Love our Series with them..
We got work to do on Oline cant block 3 defenders then u got work..
Lets get ready for Crest

Last edited:
I personally hate the extra time because we had the Crest defense on the field the majority of the night. They were getting a little tired but who knows what happens if we had started that possession. Maybe they adjusted at half time. I thought McGowan led the offense well once he came in. If we can develop a good passing game with the run game we can be pretty dang good on offense. Defense played good at times and seemed to be getting better but we had a few too many arm tackles along with letting receivers get by on the trick plays. They were wide open. Crest offense looked pretty good at times and others I was “confused” like the fan base seems to be. Still early but we will see what happens to finish it Monday. Some of yall thought we were a pretty young team but last night you knew it if you knew the kids. Sophomores all over the field. Something to build on for sure.
Due to work i missed the first part of the game.....was just wondering why the change at QB for Burns?

Due to work i missed the first part of the game.....was just wondering why the change at QB for Burns?
He took a sack on 4th down in scoring range and i don’t think we saw him at QB after that. He did however come in to punt..

Last edited:
Crest/Burns second half should be interesting..giving Devine and Lloyd a 3 day halftime I suspect the best athletes want leave the field

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
I made the game but was wondering the same thing about the qb change. They seemed to move the ball more efficiently when they made the change. Burns 3 running backs run hard and their defense looked good. Looked like they put themselves in bad spots and a had a couple of tough calls or they could possibly have the lead. They look like they could make a good run in the playoffs but it’s early. I hope to make it back Monday night.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
I made the game but was wondering the same thing about the qb change. They seemed to move the ball more efficiently when they made the change. Burns 3 running backs run hard and their defense looked good. Looked like they put themselves in bad spots and a had a couple of tough calls or they could possibly have the lead. They look like they could make a good run in the playoffs but it’s early. I hope to make it back Monday night.
I thought both defenses looked like hot garbage myself.

Crest was getting ran through like a prostitute and Butns couldn’t stop anyone with speed.

Crest’s defense was on the field more because the offense scored in 3 plays most of the time.

I’m still baffled that we’re lining up the QB at receiver and even more baffling is the fact that it seemed to work.

I thought both defenses looked like hot garbage myself.

Crest was getting ran through like a prostitute and Butns couldn’t stop anyone with speed.

Crest’s defense was on the field more because the offense scored in 3 plays most of the time.

I’m still baffled that we’re lining up the QB at receiver and even more baffling is the fact that it seemed to work.
Burns defense looked better than Crest’s. They did a good job against the run but did miss some tackles, one in particular was the quick pass on Crests first possession in which crest scored. Crest has some very short fields and used trick plays to move the ball and score. Not sure why they thought they needed to use those plays if they thought they could move the ball. I was on the Crest side and some agreed that the roughing the passer call was bogus. That took away a pick by Burns and gave Crest great field position. That’s football and some calls kill one team and help another. Burns better clean up their penalties.
Crest’s defense is in for a long year unless they fix some things in a hurry.

Burns defense looked better than Crest’s. They did a good job against the run but did miss some tackles, one in particular was the quick pass on Crests first possession in which crest scored. Crest has some very short fields and used trick plays to move the ball and score. Not sure why they thought they needed to use those plays if they thought they could move the ball. I was on the Crest side and some agreed that the roughing the passer call was bogus. That took away a pick by Burns and gave Crest great field position. That’s football and some calls kill one team and help another. Burns better clean up their penalties.
Not sure you were actually watching the game if you think Burns defense looked better.
Both defenses were hard to watch.

#23 for Burns playing LB and QB is something that you don’t often see I wonder how that will work out in the second half of ballgames of it continues..I understand he working thru things with a knee issue and help Lead Burns Baseball to State and help lead post 82 he is a phenomenal athlete just hope he can continue to be a workhorse but it’s gonna be tuff if he can’t leave the field

Me either. Burns couldn’t tackle me. Crest wasn’t any better
Went and watched the Shelby/Ac 2nd and someone mentioned to me that Shelby wasn’t tackling well either because area schools didn’t get to have much contact this week because of heat.I think Crest was in gym for a day or 2 so I wasn’t surprised

Went and watched the Shelby/Ac 2nd and someone mentioned to me that Shelby wasn’t tackling well either because area schools didn’t get to have much contact this week because of heat.I think Crest was in gym for a day or 2 so I wasn’t surprised
I know we’re better than that. I really do. This extra long halftime should help. It’s early. They’ll coach them up.

I know we’re better than that. I really do. This extra long halftime should help. It’s early. They’ll coach them

It was a helmet to helmet launch that got him that roughing the passer penalty that you say Is bogus and pictures posted to fb to back that up😂

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
I was surprised at how Burns was able to push Crest around on defense especially with 3 sophomores on the OL. I really like McGowan at QB, we'll see how that plays out this year. Agree that the speed of Crest really hurt Burns. I know it's a 12 point game but I honestly feel better about Burns than I did before the game started.

Yeah Shelby had 2 day in gym, 2 days on field, but thoses we light drills due to heat.
I thought to myself it either was going hurt us or have fresh legs.
But honest, it may hurt alittle but AC is just better football team at this point.
We will regroup, cool temps this week coaches will be after them.
Im just to suprised to see Crest playing on Mon. And have to play us on Fri.
BTW get ready fri. For the Announcement of what the Crest vs Shelby will be called from here on out. And what there playing for.

#23 for Burns playing LB and QB is something that you don’t often see I wonder how that will work out in the second half of ballgames of it continues..I understand he working thru things with a knee issue and help Lead Burns Baseball to State and help lead post 82 he is a phenomenal athlete just hope he can continue to be a workhorse but it’s gonna be tuff if he can’t leave the field
I agree....if he stays at QB i would be surprised to see him stay at LB as that is a huge risk but the kid is tough as a pine knot. If we are to develop a passing game Warlick could be more valuable at WR.

Last edited:
Reactions: notanyonesfan
It was a helmet to helmet launch that got him that roughing the passer penalty that you say Is bogus and pictures posted to fb to back that up😂
The helmets didn’t touch. The Hudl film backs that up. I didn’t like the call but from the refs view he thought the hands going up toward the head resulted in a headshot. His hands made contact on the pads at the chest and they went up. Helmet to helmet didn’t happen. Both teams have the advantage of being back full strength fatigue wise but I would have rather seen it go the distance that night and see who had that extra gear in the 4th quarter. This first drive for Burns starting back tomorrow is big. They had just made a sack to force a punt. Got to pick that momentum right back up and make it a one score game. The opening drive stalling inside the 10 was a killer. Defense has to quit arm tackling and wrap up. We do that we will be fine.

I didn’t see helmet to helmet either and I’m being unbiased about the situation. He’s a runner not s passer at the point he was throwing and there was no helmet to helmet. Glad someone had a clear view from video as some just want to assume it was helmet to helmet. Call wasn’t justified as some your own fans said so. We’ll see how both teams adjust tomorrow night. Hope to make it to see how it turns out.

I didn’t see helmet to helmet either and I’m being unbiased about the situation. He’s a runner not s passer at the point he was throwing and there was no helmet to helmet. Glad someone had a clear view from video as some just want to assume it was helmet to helmet. Call wasn’t justified as some your own fans said so. We’ll see how both teams adjust tomorrow night. Hope to make it to see how it turns out.
It’s one of the issues that I have with a lot of the officiating I see, you shouldn’t anticipate fouls or throw your flag if you didn’t actually observe the foul being committed. Many officials throw flags based off crowd, sideline, or players reactions without ever seeing the penalty being actually committed. Pass interference and targeting are the calls officials get wrong the most because of crowd and sideline reactions.

It’s one of the issues that I have with a lot of the officiating I see, you shouldn’t anticipate fouls or throw your flag if you didn’t actually observe the foul being committed. Many officials throw flags based off crowd, sideline, or players reactions without ever seeing the penalty being actually committed. Pass interference and targeting are the calls officials get wrong the most because of crowd and sideline reactions.
It was on Burns sideline in front on the Coach..

It was on Burns sideline in front on the Coach..
To your point the flag wasn’t thrown by crowd or coach reaction. Goodson made contact to the chest with both hands but as Mcswain was coming down from the jump Goodsons hands brushed by the helmet. I guess the ref thought the hands went to the head. It sucks because that was a huge momentum change with the turnover but it’s early in the season and refs tend to get flag happy. I think in the jamboree Crest got an 8 yard penalty. The first drive for Burns tonight is all that matters at this point as a fan. If we can score right then we have a game but both teams needed to make adjustments and I’m sure they did. Rare situation to have another half days later but we cannot control the weather.

Announcers are saying a Coach (assistant) You can bet Greg Lloyd wont put up with that crap long

Score is still 32-20 Burns driving about mid-way through fourth quarter... Burns hasnt completed a single pass thus far in this game which just doesnt seem right for Burns... ha ha.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT