ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

I'm not letting them claim to play with house money. They are still beating their chest about how good they look and how their defense is much improved. They lose this game and heads will roll, we lose and it's not a big deal.
If we get decent QB play we will win. I simply feel that way. It’s nothing personal against Burns. I just believe we might be a little better if the QB play is there.

The defense should be better. The back end should be phenomenal. Emphasis on “should”.

We have several good receivers and we have good running backs and the oline isn’t huge but it is better.

We just lost Tater running the show. That’s a lot. We’re not going to have that type of weapon back there this year. He had to be accounted for at all times

I know nothing about Burns this year. Other than they’ll be coached up and ready to go. And I’m no fool. Looks like you all are replacing more production than we are. That the only thing

I’m just glad we’re gonna see. Hope you all have a safe trip down. And sad trip back.

Shelby Sucks!

Last edited:
I think we are playing with house money! 🤣🤣
You might be. Shelby has an identity crisis. They are absolutely ruthless............. but still got some things to work on. They might run the table on the whole state............... but then again they have some things to clean up. KM was lucky they didn't have 34 yards rushing as a team instead of 35........... but had they cleaned some things up it's a no brainer. Jekyll and Hide over there. 😂 You guys beat KM without your offense taking the field in the playoff game so hey what do I know??

You might be. Shelby has an identity crisis. They are absolutely ruthless............. but still got some things to work on. They might run the table on the whole state............... but then again they have some things to clean up. KM was lucky they didn't have 34 yards rushing as a team instead of 35........... but had they cleaned some things up it's a no brainer. Jekyll and Hide over there. 😂 You guys beat KM without your offense taking the field in the playoff game so hey what do I know??
9/6/2024 is going to come around fast…

Reactions: mountie pride
Shelby has lots to clean up , Penalties and turnovers.
The OLine was big concern start of year but cpaches have done wonders in 2 weeks time. ( janbo/ 1st game).
We yet have played a complete game.
Still have few concerns with backend of defense, front 7 can play.

We still have 3 hard games just hoping no injurys,

The OLine was big concern start of year but cpaches have done wonders in 2 weeks time. ( janbo/ 1st game).

There should not be a lot to CLEAN UP after all THEY are this YEAR'S SUPER TEAM.

Your numbers on D didn't look bad last week. Seemed like KM struggled on both passing and rushing. I understand the complete game part of it though but you have only had one 4 quarter game. I understand your point though. We got off to a slow start last week as well. Rough first quarter with a few mental mistakes but we got it going after that. We cannot afford a rough first quarter this week.

Reactions: shelbyfan1

I think Shelby’s defense will be a surprise x-factor. Everyone talked about the skill guys but that defense in the front seven is pretty good. Shelby’s front seven are really fast at hitting the gaps and flowing to the ball. Although Shelby was smaller the new weight room is obviously paying dividends because their kids seemed physically stronger as compared to previous years.

If we get decent QB play we will win. I simply feel that way. It’s nothing personal against Burns. I just believe we might be a little better if the QB play is there.

The defense should be better. The back end should be phenomenal. Emphasis on “should”.

We have several good receivers and we have good running backs and the oline isn’t huge but it is better.

We just lost Tater running the show. That’s a lot. We’re not going to have that type of weapon back there this year. He had to be accounted for at all times

I know nothing about Burns this year. Other than they’ll be coached up and ready to go. And I’m no fool. Looks like you all are replacing more production than we are. That the only thing

I’m just glad we’re gonna see. Hope you all have a safe trip down. And sad trip back.

Shelby Sucks!
I might miss a few posts but I’ve read on all four teams in CC this year on this thread. I’ve seen several posts where someone mentions the Crest QB but doesn’t go into detail. Saw he was a transfer but that’s about all I see on him. How was he at his former school and how does he fit at Crest(runner or thrower or both)?

I might miss a few posts but I’ve read on all four teams in CC this year on this thread. I’ve seen several posts where someone mentions the Crest QB but doesn’t go into detail. Saw he was a transfer but that’s about all I see on him. How was he at his former school and how does he fit at Crest(runner or thrower or both)?
Only have a small sample size with pads on so we shall see..think he got injured and missed a bunch of action during his junior season

Reactions: JustAsportsfan04
Shelby middle looked terrinle, coaches need to go back to drawimg board..
No blocking on o-line...
Km number 10 played well, his grandfather sat behind us..
Km also had few good runners

JV game was tied at 6 until late 4th quarter. Crest scored twice late to pull away. Final was 22-6. Big defensive game.

So Simmons says Crest by 25....... Discuss.
We didn't cover the 29 point spread from last week and he only has information from Crest last year. Who knows what will happen. I also have no clue. Defensively Crest should be improved and I think the main question is QB play. We will have to stop the run game which we know will be tough. Carson is tough and has experience. We have to force mistakes and we will also have to run the ball. If we cannot do either of those two Simmons may be right. With it being Crest first game of the year and a good bit of new I would expect a close game but we will see.

Against Forestview our offense had no passing game. That is not going to work against Crest. They will just stack the box and it will be 1,2,3 punt all night. The defense will get gassed quick and Crest will probably win by that 25 point spread or more. We have to find a way to mix it up between run and pass to have any chance.

Burns wears down in third qtr , Crest has more depth , Crest wins and I think covers
Our qb play will be fine , defense will be up to the challlenge
Finally GAMEDAY for the Chargers !
Still hate Gaffney backed out of last weeks game , very disappointing Gaffney did that.
Tick ToK puppies !

For the first time in years us Crest folks have no idea what to expect. It all depends on QB play. We have some outstanding young skill guys, but can we get the ball in their hands? I expect our defense to play well and we'll lean on them more this year than years past. Burns has the advantage of playing last week and building some cohesion. All that would tell me it will be really difficult to cover 25 points. If I was guessing I'd say within 2 scores, but we'll find out tonight.

For the first time in years us Crest folks have no idea what to expect. It all depends on QB play. We have some outstanding young skill guys, but can we get the ball in their hands? I expect our defense to play well and we'll lean on them more this year than years past. Burns has the advantage of playing last week and building some cohesion. All that would tell me it will be really difficult to cover 25 points. If I was guessing I'd say within 2 scores, but we'll find out tonight.
Basically my thoughts. No fault of your own but the weather at the jamboree didn’t help anyone and not having a game last week just leaves a lot of questions. I agree with MG up there about how we must find a way to mix it up. FV stacking the box, we made things happen. I don’t see that working for 4 quarters against Crest. We have to keep them on their toes some. I think this is the first year where I really have no clue what to expect. By now we have both played a game to see strengths and weaknesses to improve on. This week we just know what we need to do but we don’t know what kind of team we’re going against lol

Also
Shelby wins
KM who cares
Shelby still sucks and KM is just two to three plays from winning every loss they have
You are one special prognosticator. I hope you are making some money with that talent. Chargers 28 Burns 14

You are one special prognosticator. I hope you are making some money with that talent. Chargers 28 Burns 14
Matter of fact won some money that Riedsville arse kicking they gave out to BIG SHELBY and before that won money on the Crest taking the victory over at Barnes Memorial Stadium earlier on the year
So you might want some insight.

Shelby Lion took over quik snack earlier ! I nearly
Walked over and shot the crest helmet a bird sitting near the entrance of the horsey club and took a pic of myself doing so and post it ,however I enjoyed my first time back in months and the food was so good I couldn’t chance getting kicked out … so here we are full and happy

Screw crest ! And while I’m at it screw Fuquay Varina! Not sure why but I like typing it !

Burns at Crest will resume Monday at 7pm after a lightning strike knocked the lights out.

Crest 26
Burns 14

Burns ball with 10:25 to play 3rd quarter

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’m just glad Crest has an extra long halftime to make adjustments to the middle of that defense.

Also, what’s really intriguing is that Crest actually had the center snapping to ball to 3 who often throws it to the QB who then makes crazy passes. What a new concept in formations.

I’m just glad Crest has an extra long halftime to make adjustments to the middle of that defense.

Also, what’s really intriguing is that Crest actually had the center snapping to ball to 3 who often throws it to the QB who then makes crazy passes. What a new concept in formations.
1st why Willie Green wasn’t brought back to work with QB’s baffles me
2nd we no that all Burns can do is run
3rd the kicking game continues to get worse
4th I will be there Monday @7 because that’s what I do hopefully will make adjustments and the other kicker has a injury I think

Reactions: crestrulz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT