ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee at Mitchell

Mitchell played a solid game last night, but still need to improve in a few areas. They allowed Cherokee to break away for gains several times when 2 or 3 guys would have their hands on a guy in the backfield, but this is also a testament to how slippery Cherokee's talented young qb is. Another thing Mitchell has got to improve on is cutting out the personal foul penalties, this team has got a mean streak in it which is fine, but sometimes that mean streak goes past the whistle and going back to last year it seems like we get a couple personal fouls a game. I really thought Cherokee looked better than the score would indicate, the qb is going to be a good one, seems like things just snowballed after the quick lead Mitchell got out to. The Cherokee secondary played pretty well and didn't allow some of the big passing plays we enjoyed last week. Good luck the rest of the way to the braves.

Yeah hats off to your team ... Very well coached. Solid special teams ... Boy number 30 must be some kind of fast .. Our qb is pretty fast and he caught him ... Our freshman rb showed a lot of toughness and ran hard ... I think he grew up a little even though his stats prob don't show it ... good luck to you guys... Should be a deep playoff run

Tough game. As I thought it would be. Mitchell just got too many horses and big strong, fast ones at that. May very well be the best team we face all year long. I don't think Mitchell will be beat in regular season.

Braves still improving. Very good test last night to get us ready for SMC!! And we got some work to do, but these guys are willing to work hard and they don't quit!

Go Braves!!

No shame in that game against a very tough opponent. It will benefit you guys down the road for sure.

Yeah hats off to your team ... Very well coached. Solid special teams ... Boy number 30 must be some kind of fast .. Our qb is pretty fast and he caught him ... Our freshman rb showed a lot of toughness and ran hard ... I think he grew up a little even though his stats prob don't show it ... good luck to you guys... Should be a deep playoff run

Yeah number 30 was the receiver I was referring to earlier that is said to have run about a 4.4 40, that play was probably my favorite play of the night as it was what looked like an easy long td run for Cherokee and was at a time when the game was not in question, but he still put in the effort to run down the qb from behind after about a 70 yard gain and mitchell ended up making a goal line stand because of it. That's going to be the kind of effort that it's going to take to make a deep playoff run this year.

I think Georgia listed Cannon at 6'10, so I guess Scruggs at Franklin and Brad Daughtery at Owen may be the tallest since Burleson.

It seems like Madison always has a couple really tall kids on their basketball team, didn't they have a 6'9 kid and a 6'8 kid on their team a few years ago?

Another big team was Pisgah when they won a state title, they had Robinson who was 6'8 and another kid that was 6'7

Madison had a Ramsey Elsayed and Ryan Henderson in 2009 both were around 6' 8 or so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT