ADVERTISEMENT

Chappell steps down at Pisgah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zac Efron Family GIF by NEIGHBORS

Writing was on the wall for this to happen, it was just a matter of time, seems he just wants a change of scenery. Sometimes your message gets a little stale and maybe he felt it was time.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
I hope Chappell does well and will be interested to see where he winds up. When we started our search after Pressley, Chappell was my number one pick because of his work at East.

Sometimes it is just time for a change for both coach and team and that was pretty much the case. New challenges. By doing it now it lets him completely get at the forefront of any potential jobs that will be available and some schools may make a decision they weren't planning to knowing he is available.

Not sure I believe that. Who forces a coach who won 70% of games and never missed a playoff in over a decade to resign on the heels of a 9 win season? If so, it was more than likely due to the relationship souring on both ends than it was about production. Obviously he wanted out last year, so maybe there were commitment questions. Either way good luck to Brett in all future endeavors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure I believe that. Who forces a coach who won 70% of games and never missed a playoff in over a decade to resign on the heels of a 9 win season? If so, it was more than likely due to the relationship souring on both ends than it was about production. Obviously he wanted out last year, so maybe there were commitment questions. Either way good luck to Brett in all future endeavors.
Kings Mountain pretty much did it. Crest did too…people want that championship

Pisgah!

• Haha
Reactions: 91ths
This would probably be better stated as an amicable decision.

He leaves the program in good standing and the next coach will inherit a good situation to start from. Chappell also leaves with his reputation in good standing in the coaching ranks, which is important given the circumstance.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK

He leaves the program in good standing and the next coach will inherit a good situation to start from. Chappell also leaves with his reputation in good standing in the coaching ranks, which is important given the circumstance.

Is there something we're missing?

Is there something we're missing?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I would think many would consider him a better option than a lot of coaches that are currently running programs. I'm not saying everyone can who they have to go for him but more he should still be seen as an above average coach.

Do others outside of us not see it that way? Maybe I'm viewing him in higher standing than others outside the program view him. Not a perfect coach, and has flaws like anyone, but a good coach in most areas that a high school coach needs to be.

I'll say this cause I've heard it from multiple sources over the years.. he was very very very difficult to work with. One person basically said it was like an Urban Meyer in high school.

As an outsider there are few coach’s I would pick over him if any at all. All he does is win. I do think with the Hendo job situation and all that is definitely hurt his influence over the team and community etc so it was probably time

I'll say this cause I've heard it from multiple sources over the years.. he was very very very difficult to work with. One person basically said it was like an Urban Meyer in high school.
I've heard the same over the years, from very reliable people. He's a good football coach but he definitely has a reputation.

If he goes somewhere that actually has the athletes to compete off the mountain, like say a Hendersonville, I would expect him to build a program that can contend at the top.

Last edited:
No doubt he is not a natural people person but neither are a lot of good coaches. Some are, some aren't.

The Hendo. situation was more complicated than many knew of that whole situation. He tried to do the right thing with what was known at the time and news changed. That's about as deep as I'll get into that particular situation.

Stealing Bamatide's signature for a second:

“If you want to make everyone happy, don’t be a leader, sell ice cream.” - Nick Saban

Reactions: beamer24
You've lost your mind if you think it's the best job.
You realize the coach is leaving after probably winning 70-80% of his games and has tried to leave for years now?
Come on now.

You've lost your mind if you think it's the best job.
You realize the coach is leaving after probably winning 70-80% of his games and has tried to leave for years now?
Come on now.
Unlike you I know why he's leaving and it has nothing to do with his record and two losses to Tuscola in 11 seasons. By the way Pisgah not only has a strong fan base and great support but also pay is better than any other school around here.

Yea everything is great but I’m leaving. LOL Hey where did that Ryder truck come from? 😂😂😂

Doubt he’s going to Hendo for a couple reasons

A. Not sure after the way it went down last time Hendo was open he’d be welcomed.

B. Hendo doesn’t have an opening currently.

Reactions: BlueVols
I would be surprised if Pisgah didn’t reach out to Coach Coleman. Brevard has a lot of talent the next 4-5 years for him or anyone else that may take the helm.
Probably can’t help not to talk to him but if I were Coleman, I’d say “Thanks for the consideration but No.”

Similar fanbases, similar talent and typically an easier path deeper into the playoffs, and most importantly, it ain’t home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT