ADVERTISEMENT

Catholic 49 Monroe 6

This game was total domination for Catholic from start to finish. They beat Monroe in every facet of the game.
Catholic got off to a good start on a TD pass from Chris Walton to sophomore Garrett McKernan who was seeing his first action since week 2 due to injury.
After a INT Catholic would score again this time Milan Howard ran the ball in for the Cougars and the Red Pain doubled their lead to 14-0.
Monroe would get on the board shortly after converting a third and long in their own territory they would end up punching it in near the start of the 2nd quarter to make it 14-6.
After that CC's defense would shut down Monroe for most of the night outside of a few plays.
The most impressive play of the night was on a 2nd and roughly 40 for Catholic in the second quarter when Chris Walton found Adam Robbe wide open down the seem for a touchdown which I believe broke Monroe's back.
Catholic would go to the ground for their next score as Milan Howard rumbled 46yrds to the house on one of the best runs I have seen. The kid is so so quick and can accelerate at an insane rate.
Brian Jacobs got the defense in on the scoring action picking up a fumble and returning it roughly 45 yards to the house for a 35-6 halftime lead.
Catholic quickly got two scores in the third quarter to apply the running clock one by Junior Michael Neel and the other by sophomore Lamagae McDowell.
The defense played lights out forcing three total turnovers with Brian Jacobs also getting a third quarter INT.
Also Catholic I do not believe punted this whole game. If they did I do not recall it.
Onto Weddington next Thursday and what should be one helluva game!

This game was total domination for Catholic from start to finish. They beat Monroe in every facet of the game.
Catholic got off to a good start on a TD pass from Chris Walton to sophomore Garrett McKernan who was seeing his first action since week 2 due to injury.
After a INT Catholic would score again this time Milan Howard ran the ball in for the Cougars and the Red Pain doubled their lead to 14-0.
Monroe would get on the board shortly after converting a third and long in their own territory they would end up punching it in near the start of the 2nd quarter to make it 14-6.
After that CC's defense would shut down Monroe for most of the night outside of a few plays.
The most impressive play of the night was on a 2nd and roughly 40 for Catholic in the second quarter when Chris Walton found Adam Robbe wide open down the seem for a touchdown which I believe broke Monroe's back.
Catholic would go to the ground for their next score as Milan Howard rumbled 46yrds to the house on one of the best runs I have seen. The kid is so so quick and can accelerate at an insane rate.
Brian Jacobs got the defense in on the scoring action picking up a fumble and returning it roughly 45 yards to the house for a 35-6 halftime lead.
Catholic quickly got two scores in the third quarter to apply the running clock one by Junior Michael Neel and the other by sophomore Lamagae McDowell.
The defense played lights out forcing three total turnovers with Brian Jacobs also getting a third quarter INT.
Also Catholic I do not believe punted this whole game. If they did I do not recall it.
Onto Weddington next Thursday and what should be one helluva game!

Might make the trip down to see that game. I know nothing of Weddington but I hear they’re supposed to be good.

Might make the trip down to see that game. I know nothing of Weddington but I hear they’re supposed to be good.
I have been told theyre only dressing 31 players with several going both ways so we'll see. Monroe had 7 guys going both ways and physically they wore down.
The game is on a Thursday night just to clarify due to I think a Jewish holiday

Hey snowflake14 calpreps projects South Point as a one point favorite...curious don't ya think?

Hey snowflake14 calpreps projects South Point as a one point favorite...curious don't ya think?
Why would I be worried about South Point when they are 2AA? I mean SP is a fantastic team with a great defense I'd expect it to be a great game.

Just figured you'd have an argument vs a 2A team and the mighty cougars are actually considered underdogs against said team. I stand corrected however.

Just figured you'd have an argument vs a 2A team and the mighty cougars are actually considered underdogs against said team. I stand corrected however.
I mean I don't really care what a computer says about a game that won't be happening this year lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT