ADVERTISEMENT

Monroe @ West Charlotte

shutdownD24

Sep 6, 2014
This is a very interesting game. WC realizing after their last game that they have work to do on the offensive side of the ball may have their coaches focusing on that side of the ball a little more this week. Monroe is 2A but they are coming to Charlotte to win. This should be a good competitive game.

I would pick Monroe to win but I’m not sure how much I trust their offense as well but I wasn’t impressed by WC at all.

I would pick Monroe to win but I’m not sure how much I trust their offense as well but I wasn’t impressed by WC at all.
I just read today that Monroe has lost one of their senior stars (Nate Crosby) for the entire season due to shoulder surgery he had a few weeks ago. Local news just confirmed he won't be able to return for his senior season. Hate seeing a kid miss their final year like that.

I am picking Monroe over WC today. The more I think about this game the more I lean Monroe. I believe Monroe to be the more balanced team overall.

Agree WC has a lot of work to do offensively. Just didn't appear to be able to move the LOS, nor sustain consistent drives against palisades. However defensively they showed alot. Remember this game was 21-0 at half. Palisades is much better than they were last year. Its a scrimmage but Palisades had their way with Monroe....

Note sure what the lapse was with WC 2nd half. Maybe the heat, maybe too many guys they were trying to play. Maybe lack of focus.

One big advantage WC has is the type of offense Monroe runs plays into WC favor. Don't think they will be able to block WC upfront. The key matchup will be WC offense vs. Monroe defense. Monroe can light up a scoreboard. Just dont see them getting easy scores.

WC 24 Monroe 17

Everyone talks about the #4 on WC’s defense but I absolutely love #20 on that defense. He flies around, he is athletic, and fearless on the field . I believe by the end of his junior year if he keeps working hard that kid will be able to go almost anywhere he wants for college.

Everyone talks about the #4 on WC’s defense but I absolutely love #20 on that defense. He flies around, he is athletic, and fearless on the field . I believe by the end of his junior year if he keeps working hard that kid will be able to go almost anywhere he wants for college.
Yeah #20 Littlejohn is a beast. Michigan has offered. He will be a D1 guy.

Thought they had #4 in space too much. Was everywhere on the field but rarely near the ball. Maybe they are showcasing skills for the next level? A guy like # 4 should be playing some offense too. Think playing more on offense will help him get more active on defense. When he is going he dominates all over the field.

Reactions: shutdownD24
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT