ADVERTISEMENT

Catawba Valley 2A Early Outlook

Lol I was pleasant to you when I met u at the game 🤣🤣. And hate is saved for rivalry teams lol. E.B. has only ever really been an opponent. Honestly the bandys hate has subsided quite a bit over the years, I guess where we have kinda dominated them lately. I think over last couple years west Lincoln has become one of our biggest rivalrys and I started hating them 🤣. But before that they were just an opponent we beat up on 🤣🤣. So Lincolnton u gonna say hi to me in ur building this year 🤣
I sure will stop by and say hello, AMD. See, I understand you, at lest your mindset. It's all about competition, team pride and winning. Have to admit, though, it's a little hard to grasp the car crashing events and stick welding full size refrigerators to the front and back of a 1999 Mercury Marquis LS.
I'm hoping the Wolves can give the Blue Devils a better game, this year.

Postscript: I enjoy coming to Maiden games, and I like their fans. They never ask me where my caregiver is and when I'm leaving they don't ask me if I'm waiting on the Senior Citizen Transport bus.

Track doesn’t equate to football 😂😂 look at bunker from 2012-2016 best track team in the conference and county but with multiple losing football seasons.
I usually gage track n football (just alittle bit) based off what they show in shot/ disc and 100/200M and maybe high jump. Anything else is blah especially long distance those are cross country and occasional soccer boys lol. Size and how they take off, usually giving you the combine feel in how might carry themselves in the pads and helmets cutting through the holes and seams and open fields.

Crazy respect for the Hill in Track, especially in the Pegram days. Knowledgeable man with great track experience both as an athlete and coach. I’d recommend him to anyone for track.

Over 30 pages before the first game. Ok Grizz or Maiden one of y’all be the initiator for the CVAC week 1 you have my vote.

Not gonna go predict this team or that but I oughta at least go on a limb and say Bandys conf champs due to the returns/Helms/good JV year/momentum maybe/some track kids BUT…based on all the BH hype and track kids I’ll go dog fight between them and Bandys with EB creeping up jn 3rd and taking Maiden for first time since 07’ . Only reason we got em in 07’ was largely due to once in a lifetime freak athlete Shatley who may have 3 or 4 years left in em in Jacksonville as we speak.

Biggest thing bout East Burke this year - they better do it to it whatever they do because they will lose bout as much as Maiden did this year in the cap and gowns. HUGE class of seniors this year with not much going in JVs last year but did have a few bright spots that may be a nasty good help this year not to mention some track kids they normally don’t have

Someone mentioned Watauga. Random I know but then being best coached, tricked out plays and always having athletes no matter who graduates expect the unexpected. Loved watching them and Burns last year. Y’all missed a barn burner.

Freedom. I wouldn’t expect much but usually but not always up there in athletes and good enough to gage how a season my go according to how you look playing them. Don’t get me started on last years Fat Friday matchup ha ha.
EB looking at roster 16 seniors. 15 Jr lot less than Maiden had last year!! A lot of somp started last year!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Lol I was pleasant to you when I met u at the game 🤣🤣. And hate is saved for rivalry teams lol. E.B. has only ever really been an opponent. Honestly the bandys hate has subsided quite a bit over the years, I guess where we have kinda dominated them lately. I think over last couple years west Lincoln has become one of our biggest rivalrys and I started hating them 🤣. But before that they were just an opponent we beat up on 🤣🤣. So Lincolnton u gonna say hi to me in ur building this year 🤣
I don't ask for much, but one of those things is not to hype the stuff coming out of Vale. Rivals, you say? I understand the easy hate, but branding them a rival? Good grief. *Huffs, and stomps off shaking his head...

• Haha
I don't ask for much, but one of those things is not to hype the stuff coming out of Vale. Rivals, you say? I understand the easy hate, but branding them a rival? Good grief. *Huffs, and stomps off shaking his head...
I did say over the last couple years lol. Seems to be a hatred between us those years. Before that they were just our whipping boys lol

When I was in school yes and they would spit on black players coming out of locker room. Because we had to come through the home bleachers to get to the field. They are no where near as bad acting as they were in the past.

Last time I watched a game at Bandys. The home side was next to the rd. Since then they switched sides. Home is on the opposite side now. Im going have head over to Catawba Co and catch some games this year. Maiden at Bunker Hill is still on my list as well.

When I was in school yes and they would spit on black players coming out of locker room. Because we had to come through the home bleachers to get to the field. They are no where near as bad acting as they were in the past.
Not sure how old a fellow you are,lol. I meant in the last couple years during your rivalry?

We get that treatment every year.

Last edited:
Last time I watched a game at Bandys. The home side was next to the rd. Since then they switched sides. Home is on the opposite side now. Im going have head over to Catawba Co and catch some games this year. Maiden at Bunker Hill is still on my list as well.
They did that because us Maiden team started owning them so badly they just decided to give us the home side also 🤣🤣

Not sure how old a fellow you are,lol. I meant in the last couple years during your rivalry?

We get that treatment every year.

I think I was in 7th or 8th grade when they made them take down the flag at the high school

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I remembered working at Carolina Mills in Newton when Bandys finally got a win against Maiden I guess after long period of time. The year was ‘93 I believe. Then wasn’t long until Bandys started having real good teams. I remember’96 and ‘97 they were really good. I believe it was Brad Hall as RB for Bandys in ‘93 that comes to mind.

I remembered working at Carolina Mills in Newton when Bandys finally got a win against Maiden I guess after long period of time. The year was ‘93 I believe. Then wasn’t long until Bandys started having real good teams. I remember’96 and ‘97 they were really good. I believe it was Brad Hall as RB for Bandys in ‘93 that comes to mind.
Brad's a little older than me but I'm real good friends with him

CVAC 2023 PREDICTION

1- Bunker Hill - it’s simple we have everyone coming back. Have the best QB and RB in the conference could also argue WR as well, The O line should be stout return 4 or 5 and the defense returns 10 of 11.

2A- Lincolnton - Lincolnton has the hype coming into this season returning a lot of key players with a new young energized coach.

2B - Maiden - Maiden is maiden they lost nearly everyone but you can always expect them to be up near the top no matter the year. I personally believe the QB play will determine the season.

4. Bandys- Bandys returns a lot of kids that got playtime last year. The o line is going to be big from what I’m hearing, heard they have more speed on the outside then years past. It will be interesting to see who wins the QB battle. Also Jv went 9-1 last year

5.Newton Conover- I heard they will be starting their sophomore QB who is solid ! They have the athletes to compete but can they put it all together !

6.EB- East is always big upfront but one thing that gives them fits is speed which this conference has a lot of it. They are returning a good bit so I can see them finishing anywhere from 4-6 in the standings

7.West Lincoln - They lost everyone!! Bad Jv team just don’t see them doing much this year.

8.West caldwell - tbh no clue what they have but I do know they have athletes

Also sucks we play Lincolnton first conference game
Sensible and reasonable picks. I said earlier that the winner of the BH/Lincolnton game the first week of the conference season should be the favorite to go on and win the conference. EB and Bandys should also be better. My Blue Devils are a real mystery team this season. Never have we lost so much talent at one time. However, tradition can go a long way towards success. Just from comments I've heard and read, this year's strengths should be the O and D lines, and the potential to still have a good running game - maybe better than last year with a QB that can run the ball. Will be interesting to see if Will Byrne will alter, at least slightly, his offense to match up with the perceived strengths, or just stay the course with the passing game, thinking maybe that would be best for the long-term success of the program.

Sensible and reasonable picks. I said earlier that the winner of the BH/Lincolnton game the first week of the conference season should be the favorite to go on and win the conference. EB and Bandys should also be better. My Blue Devils are a real mystery team this season. Never have we lost so much talent at one time. However, tradition can go a long way towards success. Just from comments I've heard and read, this year's strengths should be the O and D lines, and the potential to still have a good running game - maybe better than last year with a QB that can run the ball. Will be interesting to see if Will Byrne will alter, at least slightly, his offense to match up with the perceived strengths, or just stay the course with the passing game, thinking maybe that would be best for the long-term success of the program.
Great post!…not surprised… all of your posts are!

Can’t help chuckle…I remember posting a few years ago that Maidens’ snot nosed young ‘uns would stumble and bumble around with their shoes untied, pants falling down, bumping into each other and still somehow win the ugliest of games! Had to hold my breath on every special teams play too.

Betting we’ll see some of that this year with all the youth.

I can only think of 1 senior…are there any more?

This is a top to bottom competitive conference and I think this conference year will be down imo for some teams than last year and I think this year will be top heavy. *Im still learning about this area so Im prob way off on my prediction*

My early Prediction is
1. Maiden
2. N-C
3. East Burke
4. Lincolnton
5. Bandys
6. West Lincoln
7. Bunker Hill
8. West Caldwell
West Caldwell will finish 7th !! Mark my words

Can’t help chuckle…I remember posting a few years ago that Maidens’ snot nosed young ‘uns would stumble and bumble around with their shoes untied, pants falling down, bumping into each other and still somehow win the ugliest of games! Had to hold my breath on every special teams play too.

I think there are four will stover, hansley, Dellinger and Aiden wright

Speaking of special teams there was a kicker at practice yesterday putting it in the end zone every time on kickoffs and even hit a 40 yard field goal with a little more to spare

• Wow
Here are West Caldwell best chances at Wins

1. Patton - They ain’t been good in some times n also I haven’t much about em this yr.

2. South Caldwell : This would be tough to win but South isn’t most athletic or speedy team which West has some but can they stop south Caldwell

3. West Iredell could be a win if west doesn’t perform well and there coach was at west so

4. West Lincoln : They will little down as like I said losing a work horse at RB hurts but still talent so this 50/50 imo but I’ll say WL is more likely but there a Chance

5. East Burke - Just depends on EB as I expected a good season for EB but some say it’s all Hype so will see

Patton and West iredell would be their best chances. West Lincoln is probably to well coached and fundamentally sound to lose that game. East Burke is well coached and probably won't lose that game unless they implode.
Well we have seen EB struggle the last few yrs in some games where they should have won

I agree WL is better coached n all but it does come down to depth n #s n talent so

Well we have seen EB struggle the last few yrs in some games where they should have won

I agree WL is better coached n all but it does come down to depth n #s n talent so
Coaching can do a lot with numbers and talent also. West Caldwell had some talented athletes on that team last year if they were at Maiden being coached by us they might have looked like all world athletes but they weren't and they're in a situation where talent didn't matter

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Not cvac but talk to Saint Stephen's assistant principal he said they're turn out was almost 70 kids that's a nice turnout for St Stephen's

whats the avg turnout for 2A schools ? I know say in 4A u wanna be at 85-90+ at good programs maybe 70-80 lesser programs - like Mooresville avg about 120-160 or more at times , LN carries 110 they actually had do cut this yr at tryout they had 130 or so come out.

3A you want 60-90 or so

whats the avg turnout for 2A schools ? I know say in 4A u wanna be at 85-90+ at good programs maybe 70-80 lesser programs - like Mooresville avg about 120-160 or more at times , LN carries 110 they actually had do cut this yr at tryout they had 130 or so come out.

3A you want 60-90 or so
I think it just depends on the size of the community not all 2a communities are created equal we had around 80 this year the biggest freshman class we've ever had

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT