ADVERTISEMENT

Catawba Valley 2A Early Outlook

We need to get a harder push from the O line on running plays.Defense overall looked ok but needs to be strengthened in the middle. That little QB was hard for them to see I’m sure. QB is throwing off his front foot causes him to push the ball a bit.Overall for 2nd scrimmage pretty good job!
Keep in mind they got 1 day of game planning in for this team with a different style of play. And the line zone blocks so u typically don't see that mauling style block. But our line i think has 1 Jr rest are sophomore and freshman they will get better every week as they start synchronizing with each other. Kendall Roberts looked good carrying the ball at RB. And sifford made some great plays at WR. Stover was out with strep throat so that was JV QB

AMD, you can’t be serious saying the Central Davidson quarterback looks like he is 52, which would only make him about twenty years younger than me.
Hey, his son might have been the nose guard.
I thought the only team with a players that age was Cherryville Post 100.
Lol put the glasses on and look closer 😂 I said 5 foot 2 inches

Lol put the glasses on and look closer 😂 I said 5 foot 2 inches
LOL, you’re right. Didn’t have my glasses on and was reading it on my cell phone. I see the apostrophe, now. I’d have seen it using my desktop, but the air conditioning in my house is out and it feels like the equator in there, so I been sitting outside with my cell.

• Sad
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Can we get some info from the Lincoln county jamboree ??
AMD, I was down there awhile to watch South Lake Christian and Lincolnton. SLC is in the process of rebuilding. I watched a little of East Lincoln and Northwest Cabarrus. No on had scored. East was close but threw an interception. Right after that I left, too hot. Sorry I can't tell you more.

Last edited:
AMD, I was down there awhile to watch South Lake Christian and Lincolnton. SLC is in the process of rebuilding. I watched a little of East Lincoln and Northwest Cabarrus. No on had scored. East was close but threw and interception. Right after that I left, too hot. Sorry I can't tell you more.
I was tempted to drive over after Maiden scrimmage try to catch bandy's and north Lincoln

AMD, there was a crowd. Got a good seat at the top on North Lincoln’s home side but there was a lot of teenagers around me and it seemed like all of them were coughing and blowing their noses, so along with the heat and trying to avoid respiratory ailments I left.

I did find out it was Lincolnton 41 Southlake 0
Thanks VV86, Got to see the South Lake-Lincolnton scrimmage. North Lincoln's home stands face what looks like due west, same as Lincolnton's home side, and the sun is directly in the eyes.

From what little I saw of the second matchup East Lincoln's defense looked tough, and got to hand it to Coach Lubowicz, they have some good looking uniforms, course, Northwest Cabarrus did too with the black helmet, white jersey and orange pants, what I'm thinking like is the color scheme for North Davidson.

I said it last year and that is I’m not a fan of Lincolnton’s scrimmage opponents because you go from SLC caliber to South Point with a quickness when it really counts.
So you're saying playing South lake Christian School is kind of like Bunker Hill going and scheduling a homeschool team for a regular season game 🤣🤣

So you're saying playing South lake Christian School is kind of like Bunker Hill going and scheduling a homeschool team for a regular season game 🤣🤣
AMD, He is an old school wolf who was probably coached by Coach Smith and believes that easy preparation doesn’t help. Having been trained by Coach Brown you’d understand it. :)

Seen on Facebook were EB had a game. Nobody there and watched? Im on military duty for next little bit. All hype or living up to any expectations?
EB 34 North Iredell 12 looked pretty good. little rusty! rush for 211 used all three QB for three for three passing 1 TD for 26 yards by the Somp QB Looking to get better each week!!

East Burke beat North Iredell 34-13.
Draughn beat South Caldwell 21-12
Looked like Newton took care of Freedom
Patton and West Caldwell looked about even, this game looked like a jv team playing a middle school team. Both small.

East Burke beat North Iredell 34-13.
Draughn beat South Caldwell 21-12
Looked like Newton took care of Freedom
Patton and West Caldwell looked about even, this game looked like a jv team playing a middle school team. Both small.
Freedom didn't have their starting quarterback who is very good. He tweaked his elbow getting tackled in practice this week they are holding him out for caution until first game of the season.

AMD, He is an old school wolf who was probably coached by Coach Smith and believes that easy preparation doesn’t help. Having been trained by Coach Brown you’d understand it. :)
I am a Coach Smith disciple.. I never thought our practices were overly hard, but we scrimmaged Maiden and then played Shelby and Kings Mountain pretty early in the season.

@CHEERDUCK did u go to y'all's scrimmage tonight?
I am on the DL at the moment with knee surgery. Our coaches did supply the Hudl film to me and I was able to view the action. HHS 28 Bunker Hill 7. BH looked good at the QB position and they also had two good looking WRs. Their RB ran strong and HHS was able to contain him most of the evening.

Last edited:
I am a Coach Smith disciple.. I never thought our practices were overly hard, but we scrimmaged Maiden and then played Shelby and Kings Mountain pretty early in the season.
Honestly when it comes to practices with Coach Brown the first week was always horrible and then if you made it through the first week he calmed them down. I truly believe it was his way of weeding out the players that mentally and physically weren't tough enough for his team

Honestly when it comes to practices with Coach Brown the first week was always horrible and then if you made it through the first week he calmed them down. I truly believe it was his way of weeding out the players that mentally and physically weren't tough enough for his team
Hugh McCall has about the same coaching style of Tom Brown. He will get up in your bones!

EB 34 North Iredell 12 looked pretty good. little rusty! rush for 211 used all three QB for three for three passing 1 TD for 26 yards by the Somp QB Looking to get better each week!!
An EB victory expected and surprised it wasn’t more. NI has athletes or had that can move and compete so I’ll give the Cavs the benefit of the doubt in the “rusty” Defense suspect for letting them score period cause it’s North Iredell ha ha.

Really looking forward the EB Freedom game. If they are gonna break the streak this will be the year to do it

An EB victory expected and surprised it wasn’t more. NI has athletes or had that can move and compete so I’ll give the Cavs the benefit of the doubt in the “rusty” Defense suspect for letting them score period cause it’s North Iredell ha ha.

Really looking forward the EB Freedom game. If they are gonna break the streak this will be the year to do it
Freedoms going to be tough they have some athletes and a good quarterback. Their line is the biggest question

Letting them score on a quick pass for a TD on the first play of the game!! EB played a lot of players so did not try to run up score!!

Reactions: Burkeforreal
I am on the DL at the moment with knee surgery. Our coaches did supply the Hudl film to me and I was able to view the action. HHS 28 Bunker Hill 7. BH looked good at the QB position and they also had two good looking WRs. Their RB ran strong and HHS was able to contain him most of the evening.
Sounds like Hickory's going to be really good this year. I would love to see them make a deep playoff run this year.

I mean our non conference schedule basically equally as challenging as yalls so what’s your point
🤣🤣🤣 we play 4a playoff team watauga. Y'all aren't the same as us. Y'all could of found a challenging team and played up, but no y'all went to a home school team. Are y'all even able to sit down this week, that ass probably still sore after that beating hickory gave it Friday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT