ADVERTISEMENT

carolina conference 2015

James Kenan and Spring Creek game will played at 7:00 PM Tonight Thursday, October 29 at Spring Creek due to Wayne County being out of school tomorrow on Friday.

big games a coming this friday night in the cc!!... my rosewood eagles travel 7 miles west up the railroad tracks too play a very good princeton bulldog team. too add some history.. both schools started football in 1969 as jv then in 1970 ..both were varsity. coach harvey brooks with his-single wing offense had princeton and coach steve craft and coach branch pope had rosewood. since 1969 many classic games have been played between these very close community high schools. in the 1970s it was back and forth in wins-same as the early 1980s, late 1980s,1990s all rosewood but that has changed. its been 4 years since rosewood won over princeton and that was at now-(brooks field) in 2 ots on wet night. looking forward too a great-classic game!! \

The final week of the regular season with a couple of intriguing games on the slate tomorrow night who will finish strong? It's Rivalry week.

North Duplin at Spring Creek

The Gators look to regroup for the final regular season game after a lackluster showing against James Kenan, who is idle this week. Spring Creek has been on a downward trend and has some injuries behind center that could be of concern for the Gators and the Rebels can take advantage of the less mobile quarterback Spring Creek implemented against the Tigers. The Rebels haven't faired as well against the passing game this year and SC has proven the ability to pass out of their offense. I had SC picked to finish last in the preseason and I stand by that.

North Duplin 28 - Spring Creek 16

Lakewood at Hobbton

Hobbton will hope to avoid its fourth loss in four weeks, unfortunately that's all they'll be able to do is hope. Lakewood comes in as co-leader in the top heavy conference this doesn't bode well for a the Wildcats who haven't played extremely well since some very early season games.

Lakewood 35 - Hobbton 7

Rosewood at Princeton

There are three big factors playing a role in this game.

1. Rosewood has had two weeks to prepare for princeton, one a dry week with no rain that helps make for a smoother more efficient practice and the ability to focus on the opponent at hand. While Princeton had to prepare for a road trip to Lakewood last week and then recover and prepare in the miserable elements for their biggest rival Rosewood this week. Advantage: Rosewood

2. Princeton's offense has gelled so much since their opening conference loss to James Kenan. The Bulldogs are firing at a different level and are playing really good football at the right time of the season. Their defense is making stops that it didn't make throughout the first half of the year, Rosewood is going to spread them out and try to run all over the field and hit them in the short passing game. I think that both teams will be able to play well against each other they both know what the other is about and how to play against one another Advantage: Neither

3. This game is at Princeton, Harvey Brooks Field, The Dogpound (If you will). This is a tough place to play, Carolina Conference teams have struggled to win important games here each of the last three years and I don't see this being any different. The way that field slopes and the huge crest like a whale's backbone running down the center of the field gives the kids from Princeton somewhat of an edge, plus it is Johnston County and well.... Advantage: Princeton

On paper Princeton has certainly improved, but is it enough to beat Rosewood this year, probably not.

Rosewood 35 - Princeton 24

Assuming Rosewood and Lakewood both win this Friday, I have been informed that the conference has drawn for playoff seeding purposes in the case of a three-way-tie. The results are as followed:

1st Place Rosewood
2nd Place James Kenan
3rd Place Lakewood

This is the playoff seeding order given by the conference in the event of a three way tie not the finishing order if there is a three way tie those three teams will have a share of the conference championship. But what happens if there isn't a three way tie let's take a look at every way they conference could end up.

Possible scenarios for those who don't know

Rosewood
First Place Alone- Win and Lakewood loss
First Place Tie with James Kenan and Lakewood- Win and Lakewood Win (Draw holds up)
Fourth Place- Loss and any Lakewood Result

James Kenan
First Place Alone- Rosewood loss and any Lakewood Result
Second Place Alone- Rosewood win and Lakewood loss (or all teams win out, then the draw keeps up)

Lakewood
First Place Ties with James Kenan and Rosewood-Win and Rosewood win
Second Place Alone (JK First)-Win and Rosewood Loss
Third Place Alone-Any Result and Rosewood Win

Princeton
Third Place Alone-Win
Fourth Place-Loss

Hobbton
Fifth Place-Win and North Duplin Loss
Sixth Place-Loss and North Duplin Win
Seventh Place Tie With ND and SC- Loss and North Duplin Loss

North Duplin
Fifth Place-Win
Seventh Place Tie with Hobbton and SC-Loss and Hobbton Loss

Spring Creek
Sixth Place-Win and Hobbton Win
Seventh Place Tie with Hobbton and ND-Win and Hobbton Loss
Seventh Place Alone-Loss

All the scenarios for the Carolina Conference

Last edited:
wow!!! great info jeff!! ...every game tomorrow night will be huge in the cc!! as always hope fans come out and support all teams as concessions. hope a huge crowd turns out at brooks field too watch a classic rival game!! good luck too all teams.

hats off!! too a very good princeton football team as they beat my rosewood--42-41.. the bulldogs were better prepared and should have won by 3 more tds. good luck in the playoffs princeton!... after the huge win (upset) over james kenan high....my eagles lost any defense that they had early in the season as the rswd defense really helped win the hobbton-north j games but after the jk win..the rhs defense went away. after watching this... rswd -one and done after 1st playoff. lets get ready for rhs basketball!!!

First Round Playoff Round Up for the Carolina Conference

13 North Duplin at 4 South Creek (1-A)
North Duplin takes the Rebel Road Tour to South Creek in a match up that does look favorable to the Rebels. North Duplin will match up against a Pro-I style offense from South Creek where the Cougars look to get their horses running. The SC offensive line is massive and can move. North Duplin will have to rely on some help from the second and third level to make stops against this offense and move on to the second round. End the end SC will prove too much for the Rebels.

South Creek 34 North Duplin 27

16 Spring Creek at 1 Wallace-Rose Hill (1-AA)

The Bulldogs will prove why they got the Top seed in this bout and pull away early in the first quarter.

Wallace-Rose Hill 56 Spring Creek 0

9 Princeton at 8 Camden County (1-AA)

The Bulldogs are hot coming off of a huge upset against top rival Rosewood and that makes this a dangerous spot for Camden County. Princeton has to travel a ways to get up to the Northeastern part of the state and expect them make it a good game, the offense is gelling and making plays and getting stops from the defense at the right times. This game could go either way but Princeton will be bitten by the let down from a big win last week and the long drive this week.

Camden County 26 Princeton 14

The next two games are conference rematches that didn't end well for one side involved in each. Will we see more of the same or have the defeated learned a lesson to take revenge?

13 Hobbton at 4 James Kenan (1-AA)

This will probably be very similar to the first meeting between the two teams. James Kenan has been rolling since Rosewood and doesn't look like they'll be held up here next stop round two for the Tigers.

James Kenan 42 Hobbton 0

10 Rosewood at 7 Lakewood (1-AA)

Rosewood has to feel a let down after letting a higher seed slip through their grasp last week. This is a tough match up for the Purple and Gold. The first major stumble of the season for the Eagles came in this stadium about a month ago and Lakewood has the ability to do it again. Rosewood's defense has been absent since the first quarter of the James Kenan game and they better find it before Friday.

Lakewood 47 - Rosewood 22

i agree and great post jeff...the north duplin-southside as princeton-camden games could be close games. the rosewood-lakewood game could be close also or a blow-out by a very good lakewood team. if any look back at my early august post... my rhs defense was a concern as it was a young group..but these guys were getting better and looking good, ive heard some changes were made mid season and im not a coach! im a worn-out proud rosewood high alumni player and ill just close with my thoughts for my rhs eagles ...put youre best on the field and if it was not broke, no need too fix it. good luck too all cc teams!!!!

several years ago ,a low seeded rosewood team went to a#1 or #2 seeded Camden and won(helped that 2 of Camden's best players got kicked off the team game week due to participating in a robbery)

I think Princeton will win

I hope rosewood wins

hats off!! too a very good lakewood high team and best of luck in the 2nd round. up and down season for my rhs eagles , will miss some great players next aug. 2016.

The team that is the best team in the east lost to Rosewood. Rosewood is at home after round 1. But the east is stronger than the west? LOL

Tough night for the Carolina Conference only winning two games. Those two games pitted conference teams against each other.

The two teams left in the playoffs a very good teams that can compete with the best in the state. This week will be a tough road for the remaining two at Tarboro (Lakewood) and hosting a talented Riverside Martin team (James Kenan)

Spring Creek- The Gators found their footing early in the year and stumbled late, this Gator team is the building block to the future for Spring Creek, I imaging that they will continue to grow and contend more in the future.

Hobbton- Under a first year coach the Wildcats had some spark and played well, but their future lack of depth without a JV team could hurt in years to come.

North Duplin- North Duplin continued to work with what it's got and is the best program without a JV. The Rebels have numerous depth issues but have a staff and work ethic to more than make up for that, tough conference for undermanned teams to compete in.

Rosewood- The Eagles played very well all year, and had some trouble closing out after a huge upset against the Tigers. I thought that this year's Eagle team was good enough to finish second and at times they certainly were the best team in the conference. Unfortunately the low point of the season came the week after the highest point in a let down loss to Lakewood after the gutsiest strongest performance by any conference team this season beating James Kenan. Rosewood shouldn't hang their heads over this season. They represented our conference and themselves very well.

Princeton- Princeton shown very bright and made a lot of strides at the end of the season. Princeton is primed to be in position to contend again next year as well.

Congrats to these teams on your season's today is the time time for the returning players to start thinking and preparing to get better for next season.

jeff, would like youre thoughts on the 2017 changes ....ive heard that -j-kenan as s-creek will go...2a. what teams will replace these 2 schools in the carolina conference?...ive heard--north johnston, maybe goldsboro high.

jeff, would like youre thoughts on the 2017 changes ....ive heard that -j-kenan as s-creek will go...2a. what teams will replace these 2 schools in the carolina conference?...ive heard--north johnston, maybe goldsboro high.

ilovesports is right. So far this is the look that the Carolina conference would fall under in the new alignment.

Union-An improving but fickle team, hasn't been as good in past years as they were this year.
Soccer wise Union probably wins this conference every year.

Lakewood- Would likely be favorites to win or share the conference for majority of the time

Hobbton- The Wildcats would become the new Spring Creek, although they have shown mild improvements it may not be enough until they get the dedication from the middle schools that feed them.

Rosewood- Rosewood would be top tier in this conference as they have been in the current lineup. They know most of these teams well and are suited to compete against them in all sports.

Princeton- The Bulldogs may be able to continue that ascent up under their new coach and be contenders again.

North Duplin- The Rebels haven't improved much in the three years since the realignment, but they know who they are up against as the Rebels and their staff have faced each of these schools and staff's within the last 6 years or so.

Pender- Pender would be tough, this would give coach Britt a real challenge in track other than Princeton. Pender football wise won't compete very long if they aren't serious about having a winning program at the school and get the teachers and coaches in to make the right changes.

with football as all sports...the carolina conference would continue too have some good schools and some great games, if this happens. good luck too james kenan as lakewood high this friday night!!

No time this week to write snippets but this is how I see the games

James Kenan 41 - Riverside-Martin 20

Tarboro 38 - Lakewood 14

good luck too james kenan high in the playoffs!! as i get older..time flys by as this carolina conference football 2015 season went fast! my hope and prayers too all and ..happy thanksgiving! see you all in 2016.

James Kenan has a tough one this could be the conferences last game this year

Tarboro is a tough team to stop and can score in bunches but the Tigers defense is better this year than last year and it should be a fun a game.

James Kenan 27 Tarboro 21

Our conference had a fun season hate it ended without a chance for a State title now it's time to turn to basketball hopefully everyone has a great holiday season. Good luck to all teams in the next season!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT