ADVERTISEMENT

Can Cummings beat Clinton

I started to mention that a handful of Clinton fans that communicate on here and off this forum know why it was started. We will just move on to better subjects and weekly games now. I think a lot of teams have to focus on the teams they face each week now instead of jumping ahead. Some interesting games this week for sure.
Yep you already know bud

Ball control on Clinton’s defense? Really I don't see anyone doing that. You are right about the penalties, they’ve cleaned that up quite a but but good teams get oenalized a lot at times. In the Whiteville gam (and I was there and have seen the videos) I think the officiating was the worst I’ve seen this year, but that was a case of being when you’re really good you can overcome bad officiating
Not sure how u got ball control on defense . But ok your defense is stellar ok anybody that can move consistently deserves to win.

Not sure how u got ball control on defense . But ok your defense is stellar ok anybody that can move consistently deserves to win.
Think he trying to say like someone else mentioned above hard to control the ball and play keep away from our offense when our defense is stout against the run. More then often your gonna be in a 3rd and long situation and end up punting it.

I think only a balanced offensive team with a good defense can beat us. Don’t think being one dimensional beats this team this year.

I don’t see Cummings beating Clinton. They could not handle a mediocre Trask team. Clinton is a good team but not 36 points better than WRH. Hopefully the Dogs will win when it counts. WRH defense gave up 12yds a carry first game. You can’t beat Goldsboro giving up 12 yards a carry.

Last edited:
Watch Wallace play several times and you look the same from the first game. Hang your hat on that 36 point whipping you got the first game because you will not get closer!! Please don’t judge your improvement on the East Duplin!! Game. Hope to see you again.

I don’t see Cummings beating Clinton. They could not handle a mediocre Trask team. Clinton is a good team but not 36 points better than WRH. Hopefully the Dogs will win when it counts. WRH defense gave up 12yds a carry first game. You can’t beat Goldsboro giving up 12 yards a carry.
In all due respect bring in the dogs again. They don’t matchup with the DarkHorses this year. J wouldn’t expect the fast start blocked punt for a TD a touchdown following the next two 3 and outs, but that about scoring, I think the Horses are still good for 35, but the story of that game and a potential game is the DarkHorse defense. As a Whiteville fan posted this week it was “stiffling” Keep in mind Missy of the points that have been scored in Clinton have come about it the second half when mostly reserves are playing, in fact the last 7 points of the Clinton WRH game was like the last possession of the game. I
I will say this WRH did do against Clinton in the game that no one else has done this year and thats drive the ball the length of the field for a score. (I believe consumed most of 2nd qtr) Unfirtunstky for WRH they were nit able to replicate that
If Clinton wins the state championship it will be the defense that makes the difference, not a scoring frenzy with anyone.

Reactions: O&B Attack
Watch Wallace play several times and you look the same from the first game. Hang your hat on that 36 point whipping you got the first game because you will not get closer!! Please don’t judge your improvement on the East Duplin!! Game. Hope to see you again.
I guess we will see, don’t judge the team off regular season success. It means absolutely nothing now.

I get it dog!! Everybody this time of year has a Christmas Wish List and yours is to beat the Horses; however, you will be getting a bag of switches because the horses will once again WHIP that butt!!!!! Love your loyalty to Wallace but just not your year my friend. If only you were 1A again?????

Watch Wallace play several times and you look the same from the first game. Hang your hat on that 36 point whipping you got the first game because you will not get closer!! Please don’t judge your improvement on the East Duplin!! Game. Hope to see

I get it dog!! Everybody this time of year has a Christmas Wish List and yours is to beat the Horses; however, you will be getting a bag of switches because the horses will once again WHIP that butt!!!!! Love your loyalty to Wallace but just not your year my friend. If only you were 1A again?????
From the start of this thread I think some were actually wishing and hoping for Cummings to take the Horses out . That ain’t happening

Reactions: PackHorses

From the start of this thread I think some were actually wishing and hoping for Cummings to take the Horses out . That ain’t happening
I am going to be honest everyone is hoping Clinton gets drop off. You’re right Cummings not going to do it. All I am saying is Wallace can beat Clinton. Clinton is not 36 points better. People won’t say it because the dogs got the brakes beat off them earlier. WRH defense is much better & Wallace can move the ball on the horses. If I was a Clinton fans I wouldn’t base a rematch on the previous game. We will see in time just my opinion

I am going to be honest everyone is hoping Clinton gets drop off. You’re right Cummings not going to do it. All I am saying is Wallace can beat Clinton. Clinton is not 36 points better. People won’t say it because the dogs got the brakes beat off them earlier. WRH defense is much better & Wallace can move the ball on the horses. If I was a Clinton fans I wouldn’t base a rematch on the previous game. We will see in time just my opinio
Don’t set yourself up for disappointment again, it’s not happening for the dogs, heck it might not happen Friday night against Hertford County. After hanging 58 points on the dogs the first time a metamorphosis would have had to occur before a rematch. As someone posted don’t judge the OT win with ED as a measuring stick. The same thing would happen to them
Good luck this week against HC. The Horses beat them year before last when their QB was a sophomore. He’s a good one. They hung 42 points on Northeastern a few weeks ago but then they gave up 43. No defense

Not to worried about any team the dogs will play. Long as they do what they do. Good advice thank you I will keep the receipt.

No team in the east is beating Clinton. That DL they have is not gonna allow a running team to beat them. Clinton will be the East representative in the chip. Reidsville is the team I’m ready to see them play.

Reactions: PackHorses
Beat your chest Horses. You finally deserve it but just remember, every DOG has its day.
What u mean finally like we ain't never been here before. We went to state 10 times its nothing new. Just not recently. Last was 2014 didn't win it but we was there.

What u mean finally like we ain't never been here before. We went to state 10 times its nothing new. Just not recently. Last was 2014 didn't win it but we was there.
Been a long time....like I said you finally deserve it. Yall have the team to beat in the east. Everyone knows what they are up against.

Been a long time....like I said you finally deserve it. Yall have the team to beat in the east. Everyone knows what they are up against.
9 years since state but we had teams like this recently n last year to be exact but just not this potent but we been good for some years now. So it's nothing new. Was 11-2 last year

Been a long time....like I said you finally deserve it. Yall have the team to beat in the east. Everyone knows what they are
11-0,11-2,8-3,7-1,12-2 those are the last 4 years counting this year so idk what u mean long time cause the team been good just got better.

😂😂😂

Cummings won’t be playing Clinton. With that offense everyone feared they could only score 14 points on a new school, Southeast Alamance losing 21-14. Being from Burlington (before Cummings existed) I was kind of wanting the DarkHorses to play Cummings again!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT