ADVERTISEMENT

Can Cummings beat Clinton

If that’s the same QB I remember, he’s really good. Seems like I remember he was just a sophmore then, .that was really good game when we beat them year before last. If that’s the same qb HC will be a tough opponent

Yep that is the same QB. He is 6’4 220 and physical runner. They will be a tough out for anyone. I’ve see. Them play 2 times this year

Reactions: daagoob
I’m not going to say nobody’s got a chance, this is high school football , but it will take someone’s extraordinary effort to defeat them

5, that’s the number of programs that have the right players and or coaches that could beat the Darkhorses. Two in the west and three programs in the east. This is just my opinion and I’m not trying to stir any pots.

• Wow
Reactions: oldway55
5, that’s the number of programs that have the right players and or coaches that could beat the Darkhorses. Two in the west and three programs in the east. This is just my opinion and I’m not trying to stir any pots.
@daagoob not trying to stir any pots. What in the world? This cold weather have you feeling sluggish or something? LOL Just kidding. Name the 5 teams though. I want to see if it is the teams I think have the best chance.

LOL!!!! It's playoff time Goob getting nervous.
😂 not this year, I’m as confident as I ever have been. I have Northeastern by 70 tonight and Holmes upending Midway on the road . Hertford County Bears stroll into Teachey next week and Camden County season ends tonight. Two big games next week involving DC teams. East Duplin heads to Whiteville in a rematch from last season and our Hertford County team faces Wrh in the Pound. Games I’ll be following closely tonight are N Pitt/WC and Swo/FC. I’m pulling for WC in the first game but I think N Pitt and #44 get payback and secure the win in Vanceboro. In the second game I think a Stallion team on the rise knocks off Farmville Central

@daagoob not trying to stir any pots. What in the world? This cold weather have you feeling sluggish or something? LOL Just kidding. Name the 5 teams though. I want to see if it is the teams I think have the best chance.
Reidsville
Monroe
Wrh
Cummings
Northeastern

I had a tough decision placing Wrh over East Duplin and I did so NOT because I think they’re better but I think they have some great minds on the sidelines and most likely have been planning on a rematch the entire time. I’ve been told from a very good coach outside of Duplin County that if a rematch happened he felt the dogs would win. If this person says this then I have to believe he knows something. Plus if East Duplin plays them then that means we must have lost 😂

Reidsville
Monroe
Wrh
Cummings
Northeastern

I had a tough decision placing Wrh over East Duplin and I did so NOT because I think they’re better but I think they have some great minds on the sidelines and most likely have been planning on a rematch the entire time. I’ve been told from a very good coach outside of Duplin County that if a rematch happened he felt the dogs would win. If this person says this then I have to believe he knows something. Plus if East Duplin plays them then that means we must have lost 😂
So Goob do you win or lose more bets? Because I know your a gambling man. Also did I hear right that you paint cars? Do you have your own body shop? These questions come to mind when I read those teams. Some I agree with and some I don’t. LOL

So Goob do you win or lose more bets? Because I know your a gambling man. Also did I hear right that you paint cars? Do you have your own body shop? These questions come to mind when I read those teams. Some I agree with and some I don’t. LOL
I don’t sports bet very often. My addiction is the slot machines. I have had wins as big as 50k in an evening and numerous wins between 10-30k but overall I’m losing and most likely bad. Yes sir I paint cars for a living. I was working for a high end restoration shop in our area but about a month ago I decided to work for myself full time. I think Clinton can be beat but I think it’ll take a team like the ones above to do it. I’m very good friends with a couple of ED guys and I think we’re probably all in agreement that they are a year away from being back on top. I’m pulling for the Panthers to advance to come to Elizabeth City and I’d love for Wrh to get another shot at Clinton.

Reidsville
Monroe
Wrh
Cummings
Northeastern

I think Bunker Hill, Burns, and Shelby could make it hard for them

I remember when Hibriten went to the championship game and alot of guys in the west thought they wouldn't represent well, and they won. There's alot of championship ready teams that were blocked by Reidsville and Shelby in the past.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I don’t sports bet very often. My addiction is the slot machines. I have had wins as big as 50k in an evening and numerous wins between 10-30k but overall I’m losing and most likely bad. Yes sir I paint cars for a living. I was working for a high end restoration shop in our area but about a month ago I decided to work for myself full time. I think Clinton can be beat but I think it’ll take a team like the ones above to do it. I’m very good friends with a couple of ED guys and I think we’re probably all in agreement that they are a year away from being back on top. I’m pulling for the Panthers to advance to come to Elizabeth City and I’d love for Wrh to get another shot at Clinton.
That's cool. I don't gamble at all other than maybe fantasy football and just tell me what players and team you want to do badly and I will pick them. Seems to be my luck lately. I asked about painting cars cause my Grandpa had his own body shop here in Clinton for a long time. I remember @oldway55 picking at you about the fumes. I can still remember the smells of the body shop when I would visit some. I always dreamed I would get to work with my Grandpa someday but that didn't work out. Anyway I have respect for auto paint guys even though I was also going to say I think the fumes getting to you on some of those teams. I say it just joking. You may be right but I hope your wrong about all 5.

Reactions: daagoob
I think Bunker Hill, Burns, and Shelby could make it hard for them

I remember when Hibriten went to the championship game and alot of guys in the west thought they wouldn't represent well, and they won. There's alot of championship ready teams that were blocked by Reidsville and Shelby in the past.
I have watched Burns play twice this year on YouTube but I haven’t seen Bunker Hill play. As far as Shelby goes I don’t much other than what’s posted. Reidsville is back healthy and I think they have to be the favorite now with all their guys back. I like what I saw in Monroe also

So Goob do you win or lose more bets? Because I know you’re a gambling man. Also did I hear right that you paint cars? Do you have your own body shop? These questions come to mind when I read those teams. Some I agree with and some I don’t. LOL
Cummings and WRH I don’t think so; pretty sure about that , Northeastern and Reidsville possibility , I don’t think Monroe makes it to the championship game.

Cummings and WRH I don’t think so; pretty sure about that , Northeastern and Reidsville possibility , I don’t think Monroe makes it to the championship game.
@Wizard of the East the reason I said Cummings is because of that passing attack and of course the dynamic Wolfpack commit Paylor. I know he’s just one player but they will pose the strongest test your teams faced and like #10 Williams (Clinton) he’s can cause serious problems. I definitely think Clinton would win but Cummings has the capability of winning if the Darkhorses were to make a lot of mistakes. The reason I listed Wrh is because of coaching. That’s it, no other reason. Motsinger will be way better prepared this time and he can win even regardless of who suits up for the Dogs. He’s just that good of a coach in my opinion. Listen you WRH posters don’t think I’m getting soft I’m just calling it like I see it. I can speak for Northeastern though. If the Eagles bring it and play to our capability then we can push Clinton. I’m not saying we can win but we can definitely light the scoreboard up.

dagoob, Cummings had trouble with 25th seed Hedi Trask (6-5)tonight 27-22 and you think a team that has trouble with Heidi Trask can hang with the DarkHorses ? I think not . 1 wide receiver will not make a difference in fact I think it would be about like tonight’s game with Kinston.
Clinton has played Cummings 4 times in history , a playoff loss at Cummings in 1993; a win over Cummings in the 2001 state championship game; a loss to Cummings in the 2002 and 2006 state championship games . If a playoff game occurs with Cummings -Welcome to Dark Horse Stadium-Booby Robinson -Bob Lewis Field.

Last edited:
@Wizard of the East the reason I said Cummings is because of that passing attack and of course the dynamic Wolfpack commit Paylor. I know he’s just one player but they will pose the strongest test your teams faced and like #10 Williams (Clinton) he’s can cause serious problems. I definitely think Clinton would win but Cummings has the capability of winning if the Darkhorses were to make a lot of mistakes. The reason I listed Wrh is because of coaching. That’s it, no other reason. Motsinger will be way better prepared this time and he can win even regardless of who suits up for the Dogs. He’s just that good of a coach in my opinion. Listen you WRH posters don’t think I’m getting soft I’m just calling it like I see it. I can speak for Northeastern though. If the Eagles bring it and play to our capability then we can push Clinton. I’m not saying we can win but we can definitely light the scoreboard up.
Do they play championship defense?

dagoob, Cummings had trouble with 25th seed Hedi Trask (6-5)tonight 27-22 and you think a team that has trouble with Heidi Trask can hang with the DarkHorses ? I think not . 1 wide receiver will not make a difference in fact I think it would be about like tonight’s game with Kinston.

I think your right, see you after Thanksgiving

Admittedly a limited sample, but based on what I've seen the best bet to defeat the Dark Horses is with a physical, ball-control offense. If Clinton is going to pooch kickoff every time, I'd take the opening possession (unless Clinton wins the toss and elects to receive), and you're already looking at a short field and a chance to go up early.
As physically talented as Clinton appears to be, for my $$ (which ain't much) their emphasis on the passing game vs. wearing the defense down physically up-front allows a good "bend don't break" defense to hang around and look for turnovers, procedure penalties and holding calls, which combined with an effective ball-control team can quickly flip the field and before you know it it's halftime in a low-scoring, close game. With 12 minute quarters and limited stoppage of play, a good high school team can shorten the game much more effectively than at the college level.
Also, if the opponent does control the clock on offense and possessions are limited, can Clinton be effective in a field position game? I ask b/c for dominant teams and especially in the 1A/2A ranks, they may rarely if ever punt, or, attempt a 30 yd. field goal under pressure which might be needed deep into the playoffs.
Regardless, it may take an opponent's A game combined with Clinton's B/C game to beat them, but certainly doable.

From Whiteville what I saw was a sufficating defense, their offense made a ton of mistakes, half a dozen holding penalites, procedure calls, trouble with the snap from center, but they still scored close to 50 on us. But you are right a ball control O would work, trouble is they get good penetration and you end up with 2nd, 3rd and 4th and long and if you have to punt they drive you down and score. I remember playing Swain Co in the playoffs a few years back, they ran the Veer with a lot of precision, they got 3 to 4 yards virtually every carry, that kind of O may work but a lot of other things have to go right. And call for a fair catch on every kickoff.

From Whiteville what I saw was a sufficating defense, their offense made a ton of mistakes, half a dozen holding penalites, procedure calls, trouble with the snap from center, but they still scored close to 50 on us. But you are right a ball control O would work, trouble is they get good penetration and you end up with 2nd, 3rd and 4th and long and if you have to punt they drive you down and score. I remember playing Swain Co in the playoffs a few years back, they ran the Veer with a lot of precision, they got 3 to 4 yards virtually every carry, that kind of O may work but a lot of other things have to go right. And call for a fair catch on every kickoff.
— that’s by far the worst game Clinton has played all year. Wallace got Clinton’s A game. Whiteville got the C- game.

Reactions: dogs79
— that’s by far the worst game Clinton has played all year. Wallace got Clinton’s A game. Whiteville got the C- game.
That was a poorly officiated game at best against both teams.

Ball control on Clinton’s defense? Really I don't see anyone doing that. You are right about the penalties, they’ve cleaned that up quite a but but good teams get oenalized a lot at times. In the Whiteville gam (and I was there and have seen the videos) I think the officiating was the worst I’ve seen this year, but that was a case of being when you’re really good you can overcome bad officiating

Ball control on Clinton’s defense? Really I don't see anyone doing that. You are right about the penalties, they’ve cleaned that up quite a but but good teams get oenalized a lot at times. In the Whiteville gam (and I was there and have seen the videos) I think the officiating was the worst I’ve seen this year, but that was a case of being when you’re really good you can overcome bad officiating
Princeton already tried the ball control stuff on us. Next subject. LOL

Reactions: Wizard of the East
You know why it was started lol……fishing
I started to mention that a handful of Clinton fans that communicate on here and off this forum know why it was started. We will just move on to better subjects and weekly games now. I think a lot of teams have to focus on the teams they face each week now instead of jumping ahead. Some interesting games this week for sure.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT