ADVERTISEMENT

Can Cummings beat Clinton

Iā€™ve said for many weeks now that I like our chances of playing for the eastern championship and I know many in our area share the same sentiment.
Well all the projections are leaning toward Northeastern at Clinton for Eastern Championship but both teams going to have to play their best. A lot of teams want to prove the projections wrong.

Well all the projections are leaning toward Northeastern at Clinton for Eastern Championship but both teams going to have to play their best. A lot of teams want to prove the projections wrong.
The thing is that most on here think that Clinton is unbeatable barring a perfect performance from an opposing team. On the other hand most on here think Northeastern is undeserving of a high seed and will easily be beaten by the other top teams in the field because of our less than impressive defense

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ You better worry about that trip to Whiteville in round ll
Donā€™t get too upset with me @oldway55 but he has a point. Them Whiteville players still remember visiting Beulaville last year in playoffs and got sent home with their tails between their legs. They know the tables have turned somewhat and now ED is the younger team. Them wolves are going to be hungry. I think like others have said the East Duplin @ Whiteville game is going to be the game of the week in round 2. I am pulling for ED to win but they definitely will have their hands full doing so.

Reactions: Tiger_Pride21
Donā€™t get too upset with me @oldway55 but he has a point. Them Whiteville players still remember visiting Beulaville last year in playoffs and got sent home with their tails between their legs. They know the tables have turned somewhat and now ED is the younger team. Them wolves are going to be hungry. I think like others have said the East Duplin @ Whiteville game is going to be the game of the week in round 2. I am pulling for ED to win but they definitely will have their hands full doing so.
I will be East Duplins biggest fan that night. I want Oldway to have to drive 2.5 hours here and have to hang out with me in the stands during the game.

The thing is that most on here think that Clinton is unbeatable barring a perfect performance from an opposing team. On the other hand most on here think Northeastern is undeserving of a high seed and will easily be beaten by the other top teams in the field because of our less than impressive defense
Itā€™s normal for all of this. Everyone loves the underdogs and no I am not directing that at Wallace just cause their mascot is a Bulldog. No one wants to see a team go undefeated except the actual fans of the teams that are undefeated. Like the movie Any Given Sunday said any team can win or lose on any given Sunday. Same case goes for Friday nights. Both the undefeated teams canā€™t take anyone lightly and must play their best. I wouldnā€™t say Northeastern is undeserving cause wins are wins. I think everyone is just in question of the young defense being able to stop the better teams and wonder if your high powered offense can keep out scoring and making up for the young defense. I didnā€™t actually know until tonight that the defense issue was being young. Trust me Clinton knows about having a young defense in playoffs year before last. Majority of our defense were Sophomores who are now Seniors that year.

I not upset at all. I agree with that. This ED team has already done better than I expected before the season started. I'm sure Whiteville is wanting that game and will be ready. With this young ED team I'm just want to win this Friday rite now. Just take it one week at the time and see how far they can go.

I not upset at all. I agree with that. This ED team has already done better than I expected before the season started. I'm sure Whiteville is wanting that game and will be ready. With this young ED team I'm just want to win this Friday rite now. Just take it one week at the time and see how far they can go.
Like I said I am pulling for East Duplin in both their first and second round matchup. Got to now also cause @daagoob really wants you to come visit and hang out with him in Northeastern. šŸ˜‚

Like I said I am pulling for East Duplin in both their first and second round matchup. Got to now also cause @daagoob really wants you to come visit and hang out with him in Northeastern. šŸ˜‚
It would be round four I think before that would happen. But if ED gets there I'll be there and probably have to protect Goob. I know he'd be wired up and some of the old boys be ready kill him.šŸ¤£

I couldnā€™t of said it better. Those in the circle know just how good East Duplin has the chance to be for quite a while. The jv kids coming up are really good and East Duplin will be strong as ever. Thatā€™s not saying that this years team is a pushover because they are very capable of playing in the eastern championship. You have to take into account the factors that most likely aided in their one loss this year. In my eyes they are a 0 loss team and extremely dangerous just like Cummings, Hertford County, and Wrh.

It would be round four I think before that would happen. But if ED gets there I'll be there and probably have to protect Goob. I know he'd be wired up and some of the old boys be ready kill him.šŸ¤£
Well Iā€™ll have nothing to worry about with your big powerlifting self on my side. I was happy that I benched 185 last night šŸ˜‚ with no spotter You better warn them because I tend to get excited

I would accept the ā€œAllstarsā€ reference as a badge of honor tbh. The Darkhorses have curb stomped and embarrassed every team in their path so far. Itā€™s almost like the playing field isnā€™t the same. Theyā€™ll get their first big test Friday night when Kinston comes to town.
Uh?

Well Iā€™ll have nothing to worry about with your big powerlifting self on my side. I was happy that I benched 185 last night šŸ˜‚ with no spotter You better warn them because I tend to get excited
You crazy!!! Go to bed. I done with you tonight šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob
I don't think that no one thinks that Northeastern is undeserving of a high seed, shoot they're undefeated. Nah, we're just going by what you have said in the past, and you've been bitten by the dogs. This time around you don't have the dogs in your way, and I for one like your chances to make it to the Eastern championship game. Just don't get bit by that young Panther out there, nor those hungry pack of wolves hovering around the area.

Your right. I forgot it was round 4 and not round 3. Ok I will be pulling for East Duplin first 3 rounds so we can see that ED at Northeastern matchup. Are you sure you can handle hanging out with @daagoob 2 Fridayā€™s in a row? šŸ¤£

I don't think that no one thinks that Northeastern is undeserving of a high seed, shoot they're undefeated. Nah, we're just going by what you have said in the past, and you've been bitten by the dogs. This time around you don't have the dogs in your way, and I for one like your chances to make it to the Eastern championship game. Just don't get bit by that young Panther out there, nor those hungry pack of wolves hovering around the area.

I think thereā€™s more than a 50/50 chance that our program and East Duplin meet up here in Elizabeth City soon. If that game happens we have an opportunity to open a lot of eyes.

I think thereā€™s more than a 50/50 chance that our program and East Duplin meet up here in Elizabeth City soon. If that game happens we have an opportunity to open a lot of eyes.
Give me ED By 3

You a mind reader now? I was about to start a thread called "Can Hertford County beat Wallace" since everyone wants to talk future so much lol
They can, I actually talked to @dogs79 and said they better not let them get out front. They are similar to us but they donā€™t have a running back like Tyselle. Like ourselves they are struggling on the defensive end and those rbā€™s from Wallace will put up big numbers. Flip side is that their qb and receivers will have their way with the dogs.

Last edited:
They can, I actually talked to @dogs79 and said they better not let them get out front. They are similar to us but they donā€™t have a running back like Tyselle. Like ourselves they are struggling on the defensive end and those rbā€™s from Wallace will put up big numbers. Flip side is that their qb and receivers will have their way with the dogs.
How many years has Hertford County QB been their starter? He is really good and can beat a team with both his arm and feet. That was a really good Hertford County team that Clinton faced in the playoffs year before last. Wasnā€™t he the QB then also? May be a high scoring game and come down to whoever has the ball last.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
How many years has Hertford County QB been their starter? He is really good and can beat a team with both his arm and feet. That was a really good Hertford County team that Clinton faced in the playoffs year before last. Wasnā€™t he the QB then also? May be a high scoring game and come down to whoever has the ball last.
He doesnā€™t run as much this year as he has in previous years. He will sit back in the pocket and throw bombs. Their receivers really gave us problems. They are very athletic and they have hops like you wouldnā€™t believe. The one knock on Rodgers that I see is a risk taker. He will turn that ball loose and throw it into coverage trusting that his receivers will make the catch. Sometimes it backfires and he ends up throwing some pics.

I"m late again for the show

Last years Duplin County all stars failed to make the title game.

I called them that last year and I guess they took it and beat Clinton over the head with it.

seinfeld-cigar.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FootballDad2023
No youā€™re firing shots, no need to lie about it.I fire shots all the time and nothing will change if East Duplin comes here. Just ask @oldway55 he knows I donā€™t hold back and he and I are cool.
Goob donā€™t put words in my mouth just because my opinion is ED would win plus I donā€™t have to ask oldway nothing cause I wasnā€™t quoting him so y u in ya feelings win or lose goob my bball season starts soon so I donā€™t care one way or the other!! Iā€™m all about ECC in the playoffs Come oct Iā€™m in basketball mode now so Im G-Town Warriors Aww Rhw Pic in my profile!!

If thatā€™s the same QB I remember, heā€™s really good. Seems like I remember he was just a sophmore then, .that was really good game when we beat them year before last. If thatā€™s the same qb HC will be a tough opponent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT