ADVERTISEMENT

Burns @ North Forsyth

The_Rev921

Sep 16, 2010
1st round @ a venue we have not been to before. Cant take anyone lightly especially after our near slip to RS Central. Can anyone give some info on NF, players to watch, offense they run? etc.

1st round @ a venue we have not been to before. Cant take anyone lightly especially after our near slip to RS Central. Can anyone give some info on NF, players to watch, offense they run? etc.
they are the team that played Kings mountain in the Jambree.

Rev- I ain't taking you to Vegas......your luck kinda sucks lol

It is what it is. The system sucks and we all know it. Life is unfair. The Winston Salem area has had talent from time to time. Don't look at their record and take them lightly. Who would have thought Burns had a chance to play football on Thanksgiving week this year? LOL.

My god...You guys cry more than Tammy Fay Baker. Whine about everything. Just go win the damn game. Don't embarrass cc.

NF had that kid that was huge and could move pretty good.I believe he was like 6-6 and 350 lbs and his last name was Conrad.Any way good luck to the Bulldogs.

I will be leaving from work in shelby but a buddy of mine said heavy road construction in statesville so give yourself plenty of time .

Will Lawn12Dog be giving the broadcast team any updates from the North Forsyth sideline? ;)

Good Luck Dogs, Id love to go but wont be able to make it tonight. I shall follow via social media

It all worked out. Burns lost the draw but ended up traveling to face a team with a sub .500 record. KM came out ahead of Burns but ends up with a home game against an 8-3 squad.

It all worked out. Burns lost the draw but ended up traveling to face a team with a sub .500 record. KM came out ahead of Burns but ends up with a home game against an 8-3 squad.

KINGS MTN did not "Come out ahead" of Burns. The "ONLY" place that mattered, in that drawing, was the place Crest drew out, as far as Burns was concerned. KM could have drawn the piece of paper that Crest drew or Burns drew out, and we would have still been placed in the exact same spot in the play-offs because of 3A vs 3AA.

There's no doubt Both Burns and Crest came out good. Crest gets a 6th place team, and Burns gets a 4th place team. KM gets a Ledford team, who's best player (QB/FS) gets ejected in the first half of the Southern Guilford game, and they lose a shootout 40-30. He sits out next game, and Ledford beats North Forsyth 21-6 without him. Probably a good chance Ledford beats SG with him and win Mid Piedmont 3A Conference.

So yeah, driving 2 hours sucks, but at least you get to ride 2 hours to play a weak tit. Good Luck

Reactions: Acelynn1017
KINGS MTN did not "Come out ahead" of Burns. The "ONLY" place that mattered, in that drawing, was the place Crest drew out, as far as Burns was concerned. KM could have drawn the piece of paper that Crest drew or Burns drew out, and we would have still been placed in the exact same spot in the play-offs because of 3A vs 3AA.

There's no doubt Both Burns and Crest came out good. Crest gets a 6th place team, and Burns gets a 4th place team. KM gets a Ledford team, who's best player (QB/FS) gets ejected in the first half of the Southern Guilford game, and they lose a shootout 40-30. He sits out next game, and Ledford beats North Forsyth 21-6 without him. Probably a good chance Ledford beats SG with him and win Mid Piedmont 3A Conference.

So yeah, driving 2 hours sucks, but at least you get to ride 2 hours to play a weak tit. Good Luck

Listen to this man. Heck, the Gladiators may get their name on a trophy this year. ;):D

Reactions: KM2ASU
A slow start by Southern Guilford allowed Ledford to jump out to an early lead but they never threatened for the lead once Southern got rolling. In was something like 40 to 14 at the beginning of the 4th quarter when Southern came off the gas a bit and Ledford put up a quick 16 points on some of Southern's backups. To be fair to Ledford's QB, he was "ejected" for targeting that left a player from both sides lying motionless for several minutes and the targeting call may have been for his own safety. It looked like the coaching staff wanted him to try to continue to play but it appeared the officials were not going to allow that. It was a good game and Ledford is a solid team but the comment about Ledford potentially beating Southern with their QB in the game is just simply not true.

Beat wishes KM .....always a class act over there .

A slow start by Southern Guilford allowed Ledford to jump out to an early lead but they never threatened for the lead once Southern got rolling. In was something like 40 to 14 at the beginning of the 4th quarter when Southern came off the gas a bit and Ledford put up a quick 16 points on some of Southern's backups. To be fair to Ledford's QB, he was "ejected" for targeting that left a player from both sides lying motionless for several minutes and the targeting call may have been for his own safety. It looked like the coaching staff wanted him to try to continue to play but it appeared the officials were not going to allow that. It was a good game and Ledford is a solid team but the comment about Ledford potentially beating Southern with their QB in the game is just simply not true.

The scoring in that game was as follows:
1st qtr
LHS 14
SGHS 7
2ND qtr
LHS 0
SGHS 12
3rd qtr
LHS 0
SGHS 7
4th qtr
LHS 16
SGHS 14

We will never know what could have happened, but we can't say it wouldn't have.
Right before losing our QB, we also lost another strong defensive player & not to forget, our QB is also a key part of our defense. it took the boys a while to realize they could still play ball without injured players. They ran out of clock about the time they got regrouped. and SGHS didn't let off the gas 4th qtr, as evident from the scoring.
And no, NO coaches were ever entertaining playing our QB (concussion). our QB is very driven and was not thinking correctly and thought he could play, he left the venue early to get checked out, once he wrapped his head around what had just happened.
The targeting call was a joke, it shook the refs up to see 2 unconscious players laying there. I've watched the film so many times that I have it memorized. It's ok, it wasn't purposeful, he dove thru the air to break up pass or tackle receiver at the same time another LHS player came in from the other side and made contact with SGHS player, which changed the receivers body positon and caused the contact that was called targeting. It was scary to see 2 boys laying there so long. Thankful that they are both ok. But it was football, there was nothing intentional or malicious about that play. He took his ejection and used the time to recover and did not play the N Forsyth game.
Now for someone saying if that hadn't happened LHS would still not have won, you are not in agreement with some of the SGHS players, spectators and coaching staff.
It was said out loud to our players and spectators. if that hadn't happened, we may have had a different conference champ that night.
We will never know, but I can't be sure it wouldnt have.

I was at the Ledford-KM game last night. KM's speed hurt Ledford several times, but for the most part Ledford manhandled the Mounties. Ledford Oline, QB and RB were very impressive. Ledford scored on every time they had the ball in the 1st half.

I was surprised at this score . Tough draw for km but i thought they would get the W. Anyway great season with alot of adversity .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT